wpt fallsview 2018

Comments

• I bought my seats just now. I'm entry #551 for the $1100-A and #300 for the $275.

Also, the guy next to me bought his $1100-B seat yesterday and he's entry #540.

So less than 100 seats left per flight, barring alternates and any added seats on event days.
  • Just bought my seat to $1100 Day-1B. The rep on the phone wasn't able to tell me how many were remaining but I'm just glad I was able to claim one. She said the only one that's sold out is the super satty for $275 (bummer because I wanted to snag one of those too just in case).

Looking like there's going to be snow that day but it's still early to decide if I'm going to come the night before.
  • Okay, I think we need a roll call here. Who's in and for what events?

$1100 - A:
    Card Dead (A)
    Yama/The Game (A)

$1100 - B:
    Toronto Pimp (B)
    TeezNutsAK (B)
    Woog (B)
    KWMatt (B)
    DamanJ (B)
    Henri (B)
    Rodney (B)
    Adam (B)
    Adrian (B)
    Heda (B)

$2500:

$5000

$275 SS:
    Card Dead
    Toronto Pimp
    Westside8

$550 SS:
    Toronto Pimp
    Westside8
  • Westside has both super satellites already too....
  • Woog30, damanj, Rodney, Heda, Kwmatt, Adrian, Henri, Adam all for 1100b.
  • Wow. You guys renting a bus?
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Woog30, damanj, Rodney, Heda, Kwmatt, Adrian, Henri, Adam all for 1100b.

Roger is bringing a road hockey team.
  • Anyone want to stake me in the $1100 ? 70/30
  • I am heading to Fallsview to play in the cash games on Monday and Tuesday and will try and hook up with you guys for the supper breaks. I have to head back to Waterloo Tuesday night for an early Wednesday appointment.

Wishing you all the #rungood! Cheers, Steve
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Anyone want to stake me in the $1100 ? 70/30

DJ .... you want to keep 70% correct ?
  • DJ .... you want to keep 70% correct ?

I think what he means by 'staked' is someone put up the entire buy in, and that person will get 70% of cashes, and he has 30%.

Edit: otherwise he likely would have worded it as selling off 30% of the $1100 (BAP) rather then staking.
  • DJ .... you want to keep 70% correct ?

No, I would only keep 30% - but my backer would have to pay the entire entry fee.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    No, I would only keep 30% - but my backer would have to pay the entire entry fee.

My bad ..... misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you wanted someone to buy 30% of you. I got it wrong, sorry.
  • I am playing 1100$ day 1 (Monday)

I am heading out tonight try to win sat for 5000$
    & I have voucher to play step E
  • Yama, hope to see you on day 2 of the 1000 tournament.

good luck this weekend ! Kick some ass and have lots of fun.
  • Yama, hope to see you on day 2 of the 1000 tournament.

good luck this weekend ! Kick some ass and have lots of fun.

But not me, eh? Nice.
  • Anyone that wants my sabres tickets for Tuesday night can have them for free.... just come to my table and ask me for them.... I start on table 22.

Seats are amazing, 5 rows from the ice behind the sabres net.
  • Anyone that wants my sabres tickets for Tuesday night can have them for free.... just come to my table and ask me for them.... I start on table 22.

Seats are amazing, 5 rows from the ice behind the sabres net.

Will vouch for this, they are amazing, my son and I used them for an Edmonton game earlier this season. Great place to watch a hockey game, you get a real feel for how fast the game is...
  • Good luck today!
  • TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    Good luck today!

Yup....what he said. Best of luck to all of you playing today and tomorrow.
  • day 1 A. I was eliminated with 220 players to go.
    QQ vs Ak

Played sat.
    won a seat to 2500$. will play

Also, won seat to $1050

I will be at falls all day tomorrow to play more satellites.
  • Dang it lost a big portion of my chips on a AKQ33 with KK.
  • I was knocked out early. Blinds were 75-150 with 25 ante. Delt pocket aces on the button. Folds around to me and i raise to 600. Small blind calls and big blind folds.

Flop comes 539 rainbow , guy bets 1050 and i call. Turn is J guy bets 3000 and i shove all in. Guy snap calls with 53 offsuit.... I do not improve........

I dont think i should have raised more than 4x pre flop ?? Any input would be appreciated .

Then...... Cash game 5-10-20 mandatory straddle....... In for $5000 out for 400. Lost most of it on this hand....

pocket 33 in mid position. Flop comes 3 7 10 with 2 spades. Pre flop there is just over 450 with 3 of us in the pot. I am first to act and bet 305. One guy folds, other guy raises to 915. I call. Turn is a red jack. I bet 1575 and guy shoves all in. I have 3200 behind and call. Guy flips over pocket queens.....

River Queen.

oh well.

meet up with pocket twos and my buddy conrad and my other buddy "crazy" joe. Had many drinks at R5 lounge..... Good stories told by crazy joe and pocket twos......... The poker sucked balls but ended the night having fun with good people.

tomorow is the super satty .... Hoping for some better luck .
    Dang it lost a big portion of my chips on a AKQ33 with KK.

Wow.... That one sucks really bad too........ Pocket aces or pocket 33 ?

shity luck either way.
  • My short tournament life was nowhere near as interesting as this. Opened 3 or 4 pots early on with AQ but had to fold when it was already 4-bet (sometimes all-in) every time. Saw how the hands played out, and I was always up against KK, AA, or AK. Went super card dead after level 2, and folded almost every hand for hours. I did pick up a couple of small pots with well-timed raises, but was down to 10 BB by level 6 and no spots to jam it in. Finally get red 99 in the cutoff in level 7, and it folds to me, so I jam my 6 BB and the BB has red AA. Such a boring event for me.

As a spectator, it was great tho. Was at a table where I saw 3 different people build a monster stack (like 60 BBs) and then bomb it all off in such bad spots.

Back at it today to try and satty in to the $2500.
  • Wow.... That one sucks really bad too........ Pocket aces or pocket 33 ?

shity luck either way.

Pocket AAs he had. I guess what I'm really second guessing is if I lost 3k more on the river than I needed to. I raised pre and repoped from the Bb and I call. Flop comes AK3 with 2 hearts and he leads, i call. Turn is a 3 and it goes check check. River is Q of hearts, completing a flush draw or possible str8 draw. He leads for 2.5k with 3k back. Should I have just called? When I rethink it 33 or J10 shouldn't be there with reraise pre. So i beat AK AQ or flush and lose to AA. Since it was early I don't think I needed to risk additional 3k.
    Pocket AAs he had. I guess what I'm really second guessing is if I lost 3k more on the river than I needed to. I raised pre and repoped from the Bb and I call. Flop comes AK3 with 2 hearts and he leads, i call. Turn is a 3 and it goes check check. River is Q of hearts, completing a flush draw or possible str8 draw. He leads for 2.5k with 3k back. Should I have just called? When I rethink it 33 or J10 shouldn't be there with reraise pre. So i beat AK AQ or flush and lose to AA. Since it was early I don't think I needed to risk additional 3k.

You are only losing to one hand, AA - Flush draws, QQ and although unlikely J-T and 3-3 are possible and would also take the same line. Nothing you can do there but chalk it up to a real bad cooler.
  • No, never just call
  • I had bought a seat to $275 super sat but i didnt play. Was feelin kinda shitty so just stayed at home. Oh well was only 10% to get $2500 ticket anyway...