Rio 2014 - who's staying & playin?

Comments

• Dates confirmed now. July 3rd-14th.

Tentative tournament schedule would be 2 days of the Aria WPT500, WSOP main on 1C, and fill in the rest of the days if I bust with Venetian $1100s or Wynn $300s depending on how my bankroll is looking.
  • After analyzing the 2014 Las Vegas Tournament Spreadsheet, I couldn't find any +EV events worth buying into, but check out the details for yourself. Unlike Ontario, there is not a single event with rake less than 10% (except for 4-5 figure buy-ins), plus the 30% extra rake. I added the last rake column to compare with the tournaments that I play in Ontario, but the rest of the spreadsheet is courtesy of Kenny Hallaert.
  • Beware of staying at the Rio until its thieves are caught!

Poker Players Report Theft of Property from Rio Hotel Rooms :o
  • Dates confirmed now. July 3rd-14th.

Tentative tournament schedule would be 2 days of the Aria WPT500, WSOP main on 1C, and fill in the rest of the days if I bust with Venetian $1100s or Wynn $300s depending on how my bankroll is looking.

I glanced at the schedule real quick but if you play 1c of the WSOP ME and you make it to final day of WPT 500 your schedules will collide.

youre better off playing 1a or 1b of WSOP.
  • I like how there is the possibility to play the WSOP ME and WPT 500 without having conflicting schedules. Defintely making it out to vegas next year for both these events.
  • cns187 wrote: »
    I glanced at the schedule real quick but if you play 1c of the WSOP ME and you make it to final day of WPT 500 your schedules will collide.

youre better off playing 1a or 1b of WSOP.
    That was my tentative schedule before they changed the dates of the WPT500. Now I'm thinking:

July 4th - WPT500
    July 5th - PH $565
    July 6th - WSOP Main 1B
    July 7th - WPT500
    July 8th - WSOP Main Day 2 or WPT500
  • Now that I accomplished my online mission and even more unbelievable is that my family is actually going to join me on a free poker vacation for the first time in years, :o here is my schedule:

July 2: Red Hot Vegas Invasion & other WSOP-related parties.
    July 3: Drive rental car to Grand Canyon Skywalk?
    July 4: WPT 500 1st cash? Then watch fireworks.
    July 5: WPT 500 2nd cash? Then drive from Aria to 2+2 Annual Party >= 5 PM to drive a Tesla Model S. Then get drunk at Haze nightclub.
    July 6: WPT 500 3rd cash or postpone third entry?
    July 7-8: Family outings or win 4th-6th WPT 500 bullets.
    July 9: WPT 500 Final Day 2; celebrate kid's birthday.
    July 10: finish family outings, such as Valley of Fire and High Roller.

Does anybody know a special way to celebrate a child's 13th birthday while in Las Vegas?
    That was my tentative schedule before they changed the dates of the WPT500. Now I'm thinking:

July 4th - WPT500
    July 5th - PH $565
    July 6th - WSOP Main 1B
    July 7th - WPT500
    July 8th - WSOP Main Day 2 or WPT500
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    July 10: final family outings.

Does anybody know a special way to celebrate a child's 13th birthday while in Las Vegas?

Fly to Anaheim and go to Disney?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Fly to Anaheim and go to Disney?
    Been there, done that during WPT Celebrity Invitational in your former poker room of The Commerce. I think she's unimpressed by Aria and would have preferred me to have won the WPT UK Accumulator entries so she can look for One Direction. :-[
  • Hmmm...most things I can think of would be in California, don't know of much in LV for kids celebrations...well, maybe for a 16 year old son.
  • I'm guessing not, but is there enough interest and people present to set up some sort of low stakes pokerforum.ca mixed game on maybe the 27th, or 28th of June?

Lots of rooms are happy to accommodate that sort of thing.
  • I'll be around June 17 to 21 staying @ the Rio playing the 3k wsop event for sure, everything else on my schedule is up in the air.
  • im slow i havnt booked anything yet lol

ill try to get something last minute most likely, more worried about flight, im bad at this.
  • Booked outbound from YEG July 4th.....no return booked as of yet.

Somehow missed looking at the Deepstack 1.5K WSOP event on the 26th that I believe will draw an epic field size....same structure as other 1.5K's, but get 15K in chips rather than 4.5k.
  • I'll probably head down 3rd or 4th
  • i am there the 5th
  • In case anybody is considering Aria, I received their email offer.

• Rates from $99, e.g., July 6-9 nights (+ resort fees, but still lower than $138/night WPT 500 rate)
    • $75 Dining Credit
    • A Complimentary Porsche Design Store Gift ($100 Value).

I'm thinking of driving to Grand Canyon SkyWalk on July 3 (or 10) from Aria.
    Monoxide wrote: »
    im slow i havnt booked anything yet lol
  • As per my FB post, this was fun last night:

Every year down here seems like get the opportunity to sweat at least one big Canadian final table run. Last night did not disappoint as Calen McNeil made a legendary back to back run in Omaha Hi/Low $1500, the same event he won his bracelet in last year. He battled hard for a 4th place finish, made even more impressive by the fact he had only 7400 chips going into Day 2. All told he's taken more than $365k out of this event in past 2 years and outlasted 1000+ players each time doing it, I'd say he's our O8 champ! Quite an impressive rail as well with Matt Kevin Jarvis, Colin Burton, Daniel Idema, Chris Back, "Fuzzy", Laurie Terry Hawman & many more, needless to say it was a bit loud and rowdy but without incident lol.
    Congrats to the BigWheel!
  • decided on going june 24th-july 15th >:D
  • If anyone is still around on July 14th and is interested in attending World Series of Food, shoot me a PM. Price is $215 USD approximately

Google for report of last year's events and you won't regret attending if you're into food (and rub elbows with some great poker minds)
  • With all the Rio thefts and parking lot beating, :o the latest shenanigan is that a floorperson was extorting money from satellite players. :rage: Needless to say, the M*F`i!n@g#FTP*UB$AP% scumbag named Lou has been fired! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g6pSd9tzBo#t=89
  • so tilting how much tax there is on flying, its such balls

jesus flights are stupidly expensive when you are not booking early, but regardless they are still expensive when booking early as well. but like 1300ish for 2 tickets lol time for pirates :wink2::laugh::smile::tongue::confused2::cool2:
  • There are so many lowlifes in the gambling world that the 2+2 reg who got the Rio scumbag fired has turned out to be a bigger scumbag himself at the Las Vegas airport!
    Michael Borovetz, I believe he tried to scam me at McCarran Airport on Sunday morning

To all those forumers still heading out to Las Vegas, watch out! Even ex-forumer Brad "Busto" Booth tried to scam me at the Rio. I will never let my daughter marry a gambling addict.
    Oh, wait!
    With all the Rio thefts and parking lot beating, :o the latest shenanigan is that a floorperson was extorting money from satellite players. :rage: Needless to say, the M*F`i!n@g#FTP*UB$AP% scumbag named Lou has been fired! :p
  • Lfe is tough, trust few, im drinking at the V! So happy to be here finally the flight was a total bitch like 90 mins sittin on runway<insert louis ck bit on flying> Just won $600 pot as typing this lollooo
  • Monoxide wrote: »
    Lfe is tough, trust few, im drinking at the V! So happy to be here finally the flight was a total bitch like 90 mins sittin on runway<insert louis ck bit on flying> Just won $600 pot as typing this lollooo

gl....I've got another week to go
  • I'll be in Vegas from July 5-15. I won entry to the Main Event and it is my first WSOP experience. Soooo excited!

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Congrats & good luck. How did you win the entry, from a home game league?
    I won entry to the Main Event and it is my first WSOP experience.
  • So the V has a $2500 tourney tmr, 300k guarenteed.

It has an A and B starting day 1, the A only got 32 players today!! Only 7 remained to combine with day B.

this leaves an overlay of $226,816 with B left tmr... sooooooooooo wtf

This is literally out of my vegas bankroll, its like 1/4 of it, but Id be absolutely crazy not to play "day B" with this insane overlay,right? Kinda sucks late reg goes til like...7:30pm and tourney starts at 12pm butttt going to give it a shot anyway, like loloverlay
  • What's the reason that there were only 32 players? Do you think it was because every Tom, Dick & Monoxide played the WSOP Monster Stack with 7,862 players?
    Monoxide wrote: »
    It has an A and B starting day 1, the A only got 32 players today!!