Rio 2014 - who's staying & playin?

Gonna book this weekend, but we decided to make a holiday out of it from June 2nd to 12th, taking 2 days before and after to make the drive. Will post any deals after the phone call.

Going down 4 adults with three children, including the new grandbaby.

Anyone else thinking about being down for those dates?

Comments

• Won't know until the WSOP schedule is released
  • Likely go later in the month. My third year running. Hopefully I can convince pkrfce9 to join me for another 'Johnny Fuckin Chan' weekend :)
  • Pleased enough with deal. 5 week nights comped each room. Total cost for 11 nights (2 rooms) with mandatory resort fee (includes Internet) = $1,765.

Booked!
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Won't know until the WSOP schedule is released

Hopefully see you down there this year, booked earlier period as I missed almost everyone last year going July 1. Thinking the millionaire maker and a few other highly apealing events will be early in schedule. Of cours the smaller Deepstacks will be the target on this end
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Likely go later in the month. My third year running. Hopefully I can convince pkrfce9 to join me for another 'Johnny Fuckin Chan' weekend :)
    I'm in. all in.

gotta get in a couple survivor tournaments this time

plus drive some race cars
  • I hope the four forumers going have fun.
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Then you should play the Survivor Event ($291+$39) with me next week at WPT Montreal that is easier to beat than Venetian's higher-raked Survivor tourneys. No Las Vegas for me in 2014 as my poker bankroll will be fully utilized at Fallsview Poker Classic, Great Blue Heron King of the Cards, WPT Montreal, WSOP Canada, and possibly trying to go Supernova (or PlatinumStar) on PokerStars.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    No Las Vegas for me in 2014 as my poker bankroll will be fully utilized at Fallsview Poker Classic, Great Blue Heron King of the Cards, WPT Montreal, WSOP Canada, and possibly trying to go Supernova (or PlatinumStar) on PokerStars.

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy....when will you start to enjoy this game and stop treating every decision based on rake, etc. Its all about the Vegas experience, getting harassed by hookers on the escalator at the Venetian, and getting offered blow on the bridge to TI, and verbally harrassing Johnny 'Fuckin' Chan, and shooting 5/10 with Huck Seed and firing automatic weapons and putting a player on tilt so bad he throws his cards at you, etc. There is no rake on good memories!
  • Basically, it's a great place to meet up with people you might not otherwise see. If you make money, bonus!
  • actyper, westside & I have all had much better Las Vegas experiences than you ever will, but the big difference is that we get the best of both worlds and try our best to make a profit while enjoying this great game! :p When the three of us get to meet poker celebrities and millionaires in the invitation-required parties with open bar, there is no need to f*cking harrass Johnny Chan in a cash game when we can party with him instead, along with Shannon Elizabeth, Liv Boeree, Tiffany Michelle, Kara Scott, the Royal Flush Girls, etc! >:D

Was last year's Vegas trip your best poker-related vacation? Two items off my poker bucket list were winning a WSOP Main Event package and actyper can confirm the memories were worth much more than the official $12,000 price tag, including being shown on ESPN; :cool: and the once-in-a-lifetime WPT Celebrity Invitational for which you can't even buy-in and my entire family was treated like VIPs at Universal Studios, Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck's flagship Spago restaurant, watching the NBA All-Star game, meeting WKRP's Loni Anderson in the washroom....

When will YOU start to improve your game and stop being so results-oriented? ;)

P.S. U know I luv u as much as pkrfce9 & compuease! And don't forget to donate to your wife's relief fund with the government matching.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    when will you start to enjoy this game and stop treating every decision based on rake, etc. Its all about the Vegas experience
    When will YOU start to improve your game and stop being so results-oriented? ;)

I don't need to improve, I can afford to be a crappy player lol! I personally really enjoy the PCA trips, likely because the beach is a few steps away and Atlantis rocks compared to Vegas. I would put the Loni Anderson encounter as the highlight of your trip. What's the point of partying with the Royal Flush Girls when you have a wife waiting for you back at your hotel room :)

btw, I am 2/3 on profitable trips while in Vegas. Wasn't for one big suck out, I be 3/3!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I personally really enjoy the PCA trips, likely because the beach is a few steps away and Atlantis rocks compared to Vegas. I would put the Loni Anderson encounter as the highlight of your trip. What's the point of partying with the Royal Flush Girls when you have a wife waiting for you back at your hotel room :)
    Cuz talking & posing with the best-ever RFG Melanie Iglesias is better than harrassing Johnny "F*cking" Chan! >:D
    The Melanie Iglesias Flip Book_ Part 2 - YouTube

OK, I'll go with you to PCA Bahamas after next year by using my "best of both worlds" method. Are there hookers & blow by the Shark Lagoon?
    Cuz talking & posing with the best-ever RFG Melanie Iglesias is better than harrassing Johnny "F*cking" Chan! >:D
    You are the one on the right, right?

My bad, I stand corrected! You is the man :)
    OK, I'll go with you to PCA Bahamas after next year by using my "best of both worlds" method. Are there hookers & blow by the Shark Lagoon?

Its a date Buddy! No, but there are fisherman and conch for sure!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I'm in. all in.
    There are a DOZEN Survivor tournaments in Venetian DSE running this month, including non-NLHE! Things are looking great for the forum trips to Las Vegas during the WSOP. I want to take my kid there after school is done (Circus Circus?), but I may want to tag along on any forum trip between May 27 to July 7, when the WSOP satellites will be running. The Venetian schedule during the WSOP will be released next week.

Anybody interested in sharing multiple bedroom accommodation at or near the Rio?
    jontm wrote: »
    ... June 2nd to 12th, taking 2 days before and after to make the drive. Will post any deals after the phone call.

Going down 4 adults with three children, including the new grandbaby.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    Likely go later in the month. My third year running. Hopefully I can convince pkrfce9 to join me for another 'Johnny Fuckin Chan' weekend :)
  • booked at the Rio from June 12 to 19
  • I'll be making my trek down there for sure from May 27 - June 1st....and we'll see about the main later.

I'm going to try to satty to the Canada Cup in Montreal on Stars the week before....so I'm hoping to go like this:

YEG -> YUL May 18th
    YUL -> LAS May 26th'ish (obv depending how deep I go in main in YUL)
    LAS -> YEG June 2nd
  • Booked last Friday for may 30 - June 6 at TI

Millionaire Maker mixed in with cash games and Venetian Deepstack
  • If I'm still playing for a living by then I guess I'll go play cash...are the best games at the Rio during the series? Is there much PLO action between 5/5 and 10/25?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    If I'm still playing for a living by then I guess I'll go play cash...are the best games at the Rio during the series? Is there much PLO action between 5/5 and 10/25?

Yes - and tons, even higher than 10/25 if you want
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Yes - and tons, even higher than 10/25 if you want

Most of the Calgary PLO guys I know do quite well in the 5/5 or higher PLO at Rio...usually well up in that so they can bracelet hunt
  • Anybody planning on going closer to the ME? After talking to a forumer/roommate, we are thinking of ~June 29 - July 7. My thinking is that the WSOP satellites will be softer and crazier then than my other option of June ~1-10, when the WSOP has just started.
    T8urmoney wrote: »
    May 27 - June 1st....
    may 30 - June 6 at TI
    jontm wrote: »
    June 2nd to 12th
    SteveKerr wrote: »
    Rio from June 12 to 19
  • I'm thinking July 4th or 5th to 14th.
  • I'm going to start researching myself, but has anybody ever used childcare/babysitting services in Las Vegas? My travel-hating better half refuses to fly anywhere, so I will need to find a caregiver for my 12-year old kid for at least one tournament day. I'm willing to spend most of the week with my kid to celebrate her birthday, but I will need to play at least one day for the $1 million guaranteed WPT Aria 500.
    I'm going to start researching myself, but has anybody ever used childcare/babysitting services in Las Vegas? My travel-hating better half refuses to fly anywhere, so I will need to find a caregiver for my 12-year old kid for at least one tournament day. I'm willing to spend most of the week with my kid to celebrate her birthday, but I will need to play at least one day for the $1 million guaranteed WPT Aria 500.

I'm not a parent, but I can't imagine doing this to my kid.
  • I pack along my father in law or another guest that can tag in if I buy them treats
  • I requested WSOP.com to post the structures this year and they are now available.

Mega Satellite Structures 2014 WSOP: With improved structures, I want to play the $485+$65 (11.8% fees), 291+$39 (up to July 2), and $208+$27 (11.5%; July 3-6). If I can find a staker who wants to get $10K entries for cheap, I'll play the $970+$90 (8.5%) and $1940+$140 (6.7%) mega satellites on July 3-6 for him.

Single Table Satellite Structures 2014 WSOP: analyzing the +EV structures now.

Let the $10,000 all-ins begin!

BOrUutWCAAA1O1j.jpg
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I'm not a parent, but I can't imagine doing this to my kid.

Gamboool
  • prolly going to book this weekend, cant wait too long or prices will be higher and such. my last two trips have failed on tournaments so im going to grind so much 2/5 cash at the venetian and some 5/10 maybe if im winning. i know already ill try a few tourneys tho lol, but not as many
  • I'm a pretty infrequent poster on this site anymore, but I'll be down there from June 27th to July 3rd just mucking about. If any forum folks are around then, I'd certainly sweat tourneys, drink beers, make fun of Americans, or whatever else people were up to.

I'll keep an eye out here.