Fallsview Poker Classic: Feb. 18-24, 2014

Comments

• Another forum member:

HALL, RYAN, G 101500
  • Nice, did you make it down for any cash games?
  • Figured i ask here first, anyone got an extra $550 seat for t GOT ONE nevermind thanks for the help with that Cali!
  • Colin408 wrote: »
    What is wetts real name?

i don't actually know but my guess would be: WETTLAUFER, DARRYL 173700
  • $2,500 Day 2 Chip Count
    Name Chip Count

WANG, BO 3853000
    BROWNING, JOSEPH, A 2134000
    SIEBERT, SYLVAIN, Y 1738000
    BUDDIGA, PRATYUSH 1181000
    MARTIN, SHAWN, S 1012000
    THORNTON, NEAL 988000
    NGUYEN, THI HOA 361000
    ANDRES, JOSEPH, T

Day 3 of $2.5k

Pretty sure some of you know at least Pratyush? Pretty sure met him with McDonald in Montreal but unfortunately he also KOed Wetts yesterday in big flip
  • jontm wrote: »

Day 3 of $2.5k

Pretty sure some of you know at least Pratyush? Pretty sure met him with McDonald in Montreal but unfortunately he also KOed Wetts yesterday in big flip
    asshole... of the Hobbes variety at least..
  • jontm wrote: »
    congrats wetts.

and Ron. lolz

something is not right with the 2500 report. 578 entries @ 2300 gives that prize pool? how much was held back for staff? not 3%...
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    congrats wetts.

and Ron. lolz

something is not right with the 2500 report. 578 entries @ 2300 gives that prize pool? how much was held back for staff? not 3%...

Steve posted their breakdown and it was $115,600 in reg fees, and $39,882 (3%) for dealer tips? but ICYMI hendon reports prize pool in USD?
  • Sylvain Siebert began Day 2 second in chips out of the remaining 114 players with a big stack of 264,800, but after a little over an hour-and-a-half into play he has been eliminated with about 90 players left.

After having slipped to about 95,000, Siebert was eliminated by George Caragiorgas who related the hand to us afterwards with the action playing out as follows:

Caragiorgas opens for 6,000 from under the gun and it folds around to Siebert who defends his big blind with a call. The flop comes Q-9-9 with two hearts, and Siebert check-calls a continuation bet of 9,500 from Caragiorgas. The turn then brings the 6, and after Siebert checks and watches Caragiorgas bet 14,500, Siebert shoves and Caragiorgas calls.

Siebert has Q-8 for queens and nines, but Caragiorgas has A-Q for the same two pair with a better kicker. An ace completes the board, and Seibert is out.

George Caragiorgas - 255,000
    Sylvain Siebert - Eliminated

For someone to be second chip leader, made deep in montreal. 1.5 hrs in to day two with second chip leader I was hoping for better story.

How can you risk your whole stack with Q8 lol
  • The_Game wrote: »
    But you are OK with a guy calling a big chunk of his stack with tptk on a paired board?

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
    But you are OK with a guy calling a big chunk of his stack with tptk on a paired board?

In that spot, for sure.
  • He polarized his hand to make it look like a 9 or complete air...it was a good play and good players will take calculated risks to accumulate chips...he hasn't made so many final tables for nothing. Just didnt work out this time.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    In that spot, for sure.
    so is jamming there with tpwk a terrible play?
    so is jamming there with tpwk a terrible play?

Probably, youre basically turning a pretty strong hand into a bluff and fold out everything you beat. I prob. station every street.
  • The fact he made final tables for sure he is good player.
    That's why I was surprise to see him go broke in that situation.

I mean what can he beat in that situation.
    Only AK. He lose to everything else.
    MadMax wrote: »
    He polarized his hand to make it look like a 9 or complete air...it was a good play and good players will take calculated risks to accumulate chips...he hasn't made so many final tables for nothing. Just didnt work out this time.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Probably, youre basically turning a pretty strong hand into a bluff and fold out everything you beat. I prob. station every street.

I can see your point. I don't know what the chip counts were or what he was thinking but he basically goes broke either way.

Sylvain Siebert began Day 2 second in chips out of the remaining 114 players with a big stack of 264,800, but after a little over an hour-and-a-half into play he has been eliminated with about 90 players left.

After having slipped to about 95,000, Siebert was eliminated by George Caragiorgas who related the hand to us afterwards with the action playing out as follows:

Caragiorgas opens for 6,000 from under the gun and it folds around to Siebert who defends his big blind with a call. The flop comes Q-9-9 with two hearts, and Siebert check-calls a continuation bet of 9,500 from Caragiorgas. The turn then brings the 6, and after Siebert checks and watches Caragiorgas bet 14,500, Siebert shoves and Caragiorgas calls.

Siebert has Q-8 for queens and nines, but Caragiorgas has A-Q for the same two pair with a better kicker. An ace completes the board, and Seibert is out.

George Caragiorgas - 255,000
    Sylvain Siebert - Eliminated

For someone to be second chip leader, made deep in montreal. 1.5 hrs in to day two with second chip leader I was hoping for better story.

I think his line here is very strong, he can easily have a 9T or 9J here as much as turning his showdown hands to a bluff or jam with air. I think it was a good move but sometimes you get caught... I think he made this jam because he knew he was behind not because it was for value and his Q was no good.
  • Maybe it's cause I don't believe people but this hand does not look like a 9 at all. The only way he does this is if he puts opp on kq+ cause there's no way somebody shouldn't call with those holdings.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I think he made this jam because he knew he was behind not because it was for value and his Q was no good.

Lets say thats the case, then hes really bad, because nobody is folding QJ+ or overpairs here.
  • He's one of the many interesting players I got to chat with this month. The games revolve around him every time he made the 7-hour trip to the hated poker room. He has a LAG high-variance style like Vanessa Selbst, but obviously doesn't play as optimal. He can be up 5 figures, then busto asking about how to do a big wire transfer. In one hand, I raised him all-in and he called with only Q-high.

A couple of friends I know would go busto during the cash game, then beg me if they can sell/swap their entry cards so they can keep playing. I thought of offering him a similar loan while waiting for the transfer, but I opted for the KISS principle.
    The_Game wrote: »
    The fact he made final tables for sure he is good player.
    That's why I was surprise to see him go broke in that situation.

I may be able to provide a bit of insight. I played with him all day with him on my left on day 1 of the WPT Montreal main event 1.5 years ago.

He generally overbets the pot and likes to shove pf with 90+ bbs. And his range depends on what he's feeling. Also with Q8 I believe it's his favourite/lucky hand. As I was told he doubled up huge with that hand in Montreal last year when they were in the money, and because of that double up he made the final table.
  • I played with him in Montreal too and his style is to overbet pots. As was stated he jams pre-flop with many holdings and with all types of stacks...thats how he accumulates chips with this high varience style. I believe in this situation it had nothing to do with his cards and everything to do with polarizing his hand to complete bluffs or a 9...he would often show up with hands like A9 or suited 9 10 calling out of the big blind. The other player made a good call...could have spotted a tell or figured that he was going with the hand regardless. What we dont know are the dynamics at the table and previous history between the two. Either way well played by both sides. Just my opinion.
  • K I don't know this guy, never played at same table, and have nothing against him. The reason I copy and paste this situation from Wpt website (updates) is because I wanted to find out others opinion, and I can learn something.

I like his thinking, over betting. BUT I would make that move with my cards being live. The board is 99Q. He know his 8 not good, his Q is only good against AK.

My opinion, I wouldn't make this move for following reason.
    My stack is 2nd in standing.
    To early in tournament compare to BB and ur stack
    I would not make this move In pair board. I want my cards
    to be live In case I get called.
    Early position raiser you have to give him credit
    Also type of player.
  • Bottom line he sucks and already used up his one time.
  • id really love to know how to activate my one time..
  • Do something stupid and then start to pray.
  • I've used this "Technique"
    with very limited success...

OK "No Success"

Unlike a real fart, Brain Farts do not make you feel better after!

Milton Slim
  • Glad a good player like Marathon George got his chips. He's due for another big score sooner or later, and I'm pretty sure he's been frustrated mightily by Sylvain in the past.

Personally, my view is that Sylvain is great for the game. He's a huge gambler and if I had the bankroll I would snap table change to play with him.
  • Just to compare the 2014 WPT FPC to prior years, some quick stats for you:

2014 Fallsview Poker Classic – A Look At Some Numbers | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News