Forum trip to "Woodstock" part 2, Sat. Aug 3rd

13»

Comments

• He's all J6ed in the corner
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Picture this: a large area with 14 10-seat electronic tables filled with 80% terrible players 10% bad players 5% tags and 5% wildcards. Throw in a few women in the 1st and 3rd categories. Add a bunch of large screen tvs around the room with the sign up lists and various sports. The lighting is dimmer than a regular poker room.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If only we had the technology readily available to capture this
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Someone go check on Jah...I picture him still curled-up in the fetal position in a bathroom somewhere

lol GTA, you are a card. Been busy with the new puppy we got yesterday. Well I ended down around $240 on Sat. after building up my $300 stack to around $680. The hand against older Asian woman I would play a little differently, but would still call pre. When the tightest player at the table finally raises and tells you they have AA to QQ, you have to take a stab at their stack. $13 more when she had around $160 behind seemed reasonable. Flop comes Jss, where am I going with TP and flush draw. I should have pushed then and there instead of calling and having her push on the turn. No change in outcome as she calls anyways.

TBC off to PetsValu.
  • #revolution
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    lol GTA, you are a card. Been busy with the new puppy we got yesterday. Well I ended down around $240 on Sat. after building up my $300 stack to around $680. The hand against older Asian woman I would play a little differently, but would still call pre. When the tightest player at the table finally raises and tells you they have AA to QQ, you have to take a stab at their stack. $13 more when she had around $160 behind seemed reasonable. Flop comes Jss, where am I going with TP and flush draw. I should have pushed then and there instead of calling and having her push on the turn. No change in outcome as she calls anyways.

TBC off to PetsValu.

I would stick to the make $500/day plan, seems simpler.
    I would stick to the make $500/day plan, seems simpler.

I already do that....poker is just gravy!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Picture this: a large area with 14 10-seat electronic tables filled with 80% terrible players 10% bad players 5% tags and 5% wildcards. Throw in a few women in the 1st and 3rd categories. Add a bunch of large screen tvs around the room with the sign up lists and various sports. The lighting is dimmer than a regular poker room.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Haha this is an absolutely PERFECT description of the room. I'm still learning many of the ins and outs of the game (hence, the name :p), but in there I feel pretty darn good haha. Some solid players at the 5-5 though. Everytime in in on the weekends (only times I get in), it's about 6-7 of the 10 that are solid regs and 3 or 4 complete fish throwing cash around (dude I played with Saturday sat down with $1000 on his card waiting for 5-5 and didn't know how to use the machines, nor could he play to save his life).
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    Anyone have any comments about the PLO tables? Loose. Tight. Regs. Turnover. BuyIn amounts. Etc

They rarely run. I've seen 7 names on the list before but I guess the players were more inclined to stay on their NLHE tables and I've never seen a table of PLO spread.

People I've spoken to have told me though that it's insanely soft money when it does run. NLHE players who have a tough time shifting their mindsets into PLO.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I already do that....poker is just gravy!

You need to hire a saucier
    You need to hire a saucier

Like Chef from Apocalypse Now?