Dead pool iv - team rosters

Comments

• kwsteve wrote: »
    I don't know yet whether or not I will continue in the pool next year. But if I do, I wouldn't be in favour of this change. Everyone should have a shot at the obvious ones that people feel are "past due."

I keep a master list from year to year from which I submit my 50 potential draftees. While some names are the same as other players', I try to have many names that no one has. That way I'm guaranteed to get them.

+1
  • Of course people should do whatever they want if their interest in the DP has waned. Kind of a bummer though as we finally appear to have hammered out the rules to the extent that everyone is satisfied. Ha, only took four years. Ah well.

How will I keep my P* account going though since being a winning player seems out of the question?
  • find some more DPers
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I'm out next year, do whatever you want.

Sorry to see this . . . :-[ :bs:
  • I'm likely out for the next one. I just don't pay enough attention to this kind of stuff. My knowledge of well known people is very limited.
  • Desth pool dying?
  • Not sure what happened. We hammered out the rules. Got the details... Detailed.

It happens. Good games die.

I'm sad for this for more than $ reasons which I was always kidding about. It was fun.

I'll still be in next year, if we go by the rules we fixed this year. Any changes, arguing or amending and I'll be out.
  • For me this pool has never been for the money. (I'm minus 16 dollars). There's something about me that likes the morbid side of trying to predict ones death and perhaps capitalizing on it.
    Bill - if the pool doesn't go do you want to have some sort of head to head match? We can go with exact same rules or tweak anything you want to. I might suggest if one of us gets a hit, the other gets to add on pick to their roster immediately( mid season). It would help give an advantage to the poolie that just did a payout. Pm me if any interest or we can keep the dialogue here to maybe spark some other people's interest.
  • Speaking personally, I'm tried of getting livid every draft day anyway. It was fun when we just picked a few celebs and ran with it. Now it's was too complicated. Being -$50 (more actually) didn't help either.
    Speaking personally, I'm tried of getting livid every draft day anyway. It was fun when we just picked a few celebs and ran with it. Now it's was too complicated. Being -$50 (more actually) didn't help either.

Well, I have to agree that since the beginning of the Dead Pool the lead up to draft day has been a cluster fuck of arguing, debating, etc. Memories of those days are neither kind nor pleasant. But they are just that, memories.

However, having just reviewed the roughly first 200 posts of this particular thread (Holy crap I've got time on my hands today obv), we went through the emotions, sorted out the details and simplified things to a point where this years DP was salvaged, enjoyed, and a template for the future was created. It will be a shame if all of that emotion, debate and work results in the DP dying.

Johnnie was the original PFC DP founder for those who didn't know.
  • Johnnie was the original PFC DP founder for those who didn't know.

Then if Johnnie bows out then the pool should too. Or it remains as his legacy.
  • Ironic that Zsa Zsa would outlive the DP.

I have no problems with you guys continuing in my absence.
    Ironic that Zsa Zsa would outlive the DP.

That is complete BS right there!
    Ironic that Zsa Zsa would outlive the DP.

Not gonna happen.
  • Not gonna happen.

I KNEW you had inside info.

asshole.
  • For the record, I will post a new Dead Pool thread in December . . . if there is enough interest, great. If not, it was a good run. I think that, with the details hashed out as they were this year, the "growing" process for this shindig is over, and we are at a point where there should be minimal aggravation beyond coming up with a roster.
  • Sadly true . . . pay the man his monies.
  • Shipped.
  • Can't believe Zsa Zsa may survive even wildbill's death stare..
  • I heard they have a little "thing" going on . . .
  • $5 shipped to JaceN299 on P*.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Can't believe Zsa Zsa may survive even wildbill's death stare..

I've heard she's getting nickel and dimed to death by her hubby for Starbucks and shaving cream. Her daughter's creating a court war over it.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9349108
  • Milo wrote: »
    I heard they have a little "thing" going on . . .

Did you just intimate that Bill has a tiny wang?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Did you just intimate that Bill has a tiny wang?

Just to show you that I'm a big wang, I'm gonna ask you to define "intimate".
  • Not at all, but Zsa Zsa does have a rather large "stump" . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • shipped for nelson