Annual Holiday Deepstack Classic-Thursday December 27th/12-New Hamburg

1235»

Comments

• that was a fast deepstack..... :-)
  • Thanks Johnnie for a great day of poker.
  • Thanks Johnnie for you hospitality. Nicely run tournament, structurally (without 90/180.lol). It was good to put faces to names finally, nice meeting all of you. Congrats to all winners.
    Cheers
  • Thanks JohnnieH and the rest of you guys for making my -$43 day a fun time. Good guys, good game
  • Great great tourney Johnnie. Thank you sir. And thank Wraych too! Hope we didn't keep her or June up.

4th beanie42
    3rd Milo
    2nd Johnnie
    1st g2 :D

/g2
  • Had fun and saw more peeps from forum
  • Thank you all for coming and treating my home with respect. Here's the final results:

1. g2 $386
    2. JohnnieH $230
    3. Milo $184
    4. Beanie $92
    5. SteveK $46
    6. Muddguts Bubbleboy for the 2nd time in a row!
    7. Ranger Mike
    8. Shifty
    9. Moose
    10.Jack
    11. WildBill
    12. Kanga
    13. LABeach
    14. MiniMoose
    15. Buzzard
    16. Compuease
    17. R_bro
    18. Hang2Dry
    19. Getem
    20. Str8Ace
    21. EdtheTed
    22. 23 Braaad
    23. Shtebs
  • Good game Johnnie. Thanks for hosting.
  • Get a sceptic tank!!!

Actually in seriousness I know someone that will probably dig it up with a "cat" off the books, pay when hes doing it for under 400
  • Thank you for a great day, Johnnie, and for the beer. I will enjoy returning the hospitality should you venture this way in the future. It was a long day of cards, but the faces around the table made it worthwhile. I hope the princess was not put out by having us invade her castle.
  • Just got home to have the dogs explode on me as soon as I got in the door! I think Ace would like to meet Liberty some time... I don't think he'd be very gentlemanly though.

Had a great time Johnnie! Didn't come with a ton of cash, so was a little hesitant about jumping into the cash game based on last years insanity. This was of course after I managed to nit my way to where I did in the tourney. Eventually, jumped in and had a great time.

Really don't get much of a chance to play live around here, thus skills are always rusty. Thanks to Jacknok and Johnnie for reminding me to put in my ante!

Was indeed very entertaining to see some faces I'd never before seen and hang out with some forumers I met at last years game.
  • Funny but, watching the cash game, I could not get over the idea that you were sizing folks up, not to take their chips, but where you'd place them in the "Pool" . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Funny but, watching the cash game, I could not get over the idea that you were sizing folks up, not to take their chips, but where you'd place them in the "Pool" . . .

That's 'cause they were taking my chips. They're all famous as well, so that wouldn't be a problem.
  • Fun times and well run

Happy with my min cash considering I was down to 850 chips at the 300-600-50ante and in the SB

Hopefully I will be able to make it next year
  • My HU battle with g2 was pretty awesome. He started with about 5:1 lead on me, but I was able to grind up to about 40% of the chips in play. Then we hit one of "those" hands. I flopped TPTK with the nut flush draw and smooth called g2's flop bet. The turn made my flush and went check-check. The river made his straight and he agonized over my all-in bet but still called. This gave me a huge chip lead. I called his first all-in with K-3, but missed. Two hands later he pushes pre with 74o, and I wake up with 99 in the BB. Somehow he flopped 2 pair and rivered a 4 to boat up. GRR!

Later, I found myself on the river with Quad Queeens, and then I flopped a flush, but both time I couldn't get g2 to pay me off.

I slowly bled down and he got me in the end. I was pretty tired so I don't remember the final hand. I'm sure he will remember.

Thanks again, all. See you in the summer for Barrage in the Garage 4!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Two hands later he pushes pre with 74o, and I wake up with 99 in the BB. Somehow he flopped 2 pair and rivered a 4 to boat up. GRR!

lol, and that's just how Rock's play.... Thanks again John, and nice run on home turf...
  • A great day of poker indeed. I wish I could have played more of the tourney but after getting good "Cooked" so many times it was a short day for me. At least the cash game was fun and rewarding. A pleasure seeing so many forumers as always. A big thanks to Johnnie and his family for hosting.
  • Thanks Johnnie, had a great time. Also happy to see that my chips were well-used by g2.
  • Brenner, where at the FT collecting all the antes? Just trying to put a face to a forum name
  • Ed . . . he was wearing the Kitchener Rangers T-shirt, natch.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Ed . . . he was wearing the Kitchener Rangers T-shirt, natch.

And right across from me (collecting antes) when you didn't allow me to crack your AA with two tables left.:(
  • compuease wrote: »
    And right across from me (collecting antes) when you didn't allow me to crack your AA with two tables left.:(

Seinfeld - Marine Biologist - YouTube

Starts at the 00.54 mark . . .
  • compuease wrote: »

IF you were paying attention AND didn't act out of turn, your game could have prolonged and much different than it ended up being. I would have raised naturally and you may have thought twice about shoving. Tsk tsk

Great job on the the ante collecting Brenner. Kept all those crooked honest!
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    IF you were paying attention AND didn't act out of turn, your game could have prolonged and much different than it ended up being. I would have raised naturally and you may have thought twice about shoving. Tsk tsk

Great job on the the ante collecting Brenner. Kept all those crooked honest!

nice guy...