Question Week: Cerberus

Comments

• jontm wrote: »
    Do you really convert poker winnings into Potato Heads? (there has to be a back story on this signature I am not yet privy to)

If so, any rare ones in your collection?

Ever buy any of the crazy Star Wars ones, or are there any that fit your wrestling gig?

Fast Five....if Vin Diesel and The Rock had come to blows, who would have won?

Lou Hulk or Hulk Hogan...how does that match go down?

Used to blow my poker moniez on Lego for the horrible, soul sucking ex. Now, it goes to my Mr. Potato Head collection, which currently sits at 48. I started collecting them back in 2008. I'd always wanted to collect something, but I never had anything peak my interest. Then I got an e-mail from my dad. Subject line: Darth Tater. I'm an uber punny person, so that combined with the relatively low cost (most are around $10-$20) and my lack of having had one as a child, along with an unfortunate hope spot pulled on me for my 18th birthday when a friend gave me a Mr. Potato Head box which I popped huge for only to find cookies inside instead (one of only 2 times cookies have ever disappointed me), and the deal was sealed.

Not a lot of rare ones, per say, but there's some cool ones, including a few Star Wars ones. Faves are probably my Miami Dolphins one, the 60th Anniversary wedding set (their hands are molded as one plastic so they never let go of each other; it's pretty cute) and my Looney Tunes set of Bugs, Daffy and Taz.

There are several Star Wars ones in my collection, including Chipbacca, two Darth Taters (they re-released him this year with legs instead of shoes and a different mask, so of course I had to have him), a Spud Trooper and R2 Potat2. Want to get the rest of the Star Wars ones, not because I'm a Star Wars fan (haven't seen 1-3 and haven't watched the originals in 20+ years) but because they always put more work into those ones.

Currently looking forward to buying the Superman and Wonder Woman versions. No wrestling ones yet which is a major pisser to me! C'mon man, you're telling me all those kids that buy Cena's 18 different t-shirts every year wouldn't buy a Cena Potato Head. That's not even counting Undertaker, HHH, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Steve Austin, Rock and Vince McMahon versions!

Did you not watch Fast 5? They came to blows, albeit somewhat briefly. I'm betting they go a little bigger in 6 and really give them some time to ass kick each other. My money's on Rock. Not only because he legit could whoop him, but because the story works better when he wins and Diesel's boys have to come save him.

Best way to answer that is to look at them then and now and compare. Hulk got fat. Lou is still a freak. Incredible > Hogan.
  • I didn't know they had all those Mr. Potato Heads -- what is the rarest around, is it valuable?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I didn't know they had all those Mr. Potato Heads -- what is the rarest around, is it valuable?

I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what's the most rare. I just like how silly they are, both in look and name. I can't wait to go to Once Upon A Toy in Orlando later this year. They have a make you own Potato Head gimmick!

For rarest, I would guess the original version. I don't know if there were any weird recalled versions that got made, like a Joseph Stalin Potato Head.
  • What do you think of Macke?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Favourite poster would have to be JohnnieH. When I look at the posts that I click the LIKE button for, it's usually his. Plus, he's a Dolphins fan!

Well, this made my day. Thank you sir!

How do you think the Phins will do this season? Playoffs?

What do you think of Ryan Tannehill so far?
  • Pretty sure the Stalin potato-head IS the rarest, as it was only produced in the Ukraine, and used a real potato.

Does Alpha know you refer to her in this fashion?
    Does she mind the obvious submissiveness (on your part) the name implies?
    Do tou think Big Bird is the master-mind behind the stagnant US economic recovery?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Stalin potato-head IS the rarest, as it was only produced in the Ukraine, and used a real potato.

^^lol.
  • trigs wrote: »
    ^^lol.

+1. That was pretty funny.
  • Macke wrote: »
    What do you think of Macke?

I dig Spiderman so you've got that going for you. I have a Venom Potato Head and two Spideys (they did the same thing with as Darth, giving him new legs and eyes). You seem like a fun dude :)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Well, this made my day. Thank you sir!

How do you think the Phins will do this season? Playoffs?

What do you think of Ryan Tannehill so far?

The Jets and Bills seem like a guaranteed 4 wins and that Pats are probably a split, so that's 5-1 in the division. I'd we probably end up 9-7, either squeaking into the playoffs or just missing out.

Tannehill looks to be doing a solid job of avoiding the number one pitfall for rookies in any sport: trying too hard. He's staying patient, not making a lot of mistakes, letting the run game help him. Could be pretty solid.
    Pretty sure the Stalin potato-head IS the rarest, as it was only produced in the Ukraine, and used a real potato.

Does Alpha know you refer to her in this fashion?
    Does she mind the obvious submissiveness (on your part) the name implies?
    Do tou think Big Bird is the master-mind behind the stagnant US economic recovery?

Yes she does and she pops for it :)

It's actually the name she uses on this forum, Alpha_Cerberus (or something like that). She did it as a rib on me when I posted a thread about getting her back for using my FB account to say "I love Nickelback." I must have left the thread open when I went out to grab some dinner for us so she created her account and completely kicked my butt. In all honesty, we have a very equal relationship, more so than any I've had before. She keeps me organized, I keep her positive. She makes me dinner sometimes so I bake her a cake. It's quite nice :)

If anyone's behind the economic downfall of the U.S. it's those goofball parents that told Sesame Street my man Cookie Monster was to blame for all of the obesity issues in the world, forcing him to be Veggie Monster. Stupid, twisted bastards!
  • I'm quite willing to name the individual in the cow story :)

If anyone's behind the economic downfall of the U.S. it's those goofball parents that told Sesame Street my man Cookie Monster was to blame for all of the obesity issues in the world, forcing him to be Veggie Monster. Stupid, twisted bastards!

Wat? Is this a real thing?
    Favourite hobby would be either video games or making 8 bit artwork from beads using the sprites of old video games. I'm at work right now, but I will post pics when I get home as trying to explain does the work no justice whatsoever.

31.... Fack, I'm getting old.

Alpha and I met almost three years ago. She does photography for our wrestling shows. Became fast friends and about 3 months after we met, both looked at each other, loudly yelled "MINE!!!!" and have been together ever since.

Favourite poster would have to be JohnnieH. When I look at the posts that I click the LIKE button for, it's usually his. Plus, he's a Dolphins fan!

I don't really have a least favourite poster. I think I get along pretty well with everyone here on the forum and tend to have a good rapore with all. But, in fairness to the question and to channel my inner Hobbes, I'll say Wes.

Family is mom, dad and my older brother, Hockref. Have two wonderful nieces, an awesome sister in law who tolerates my brother for some unknown reason and two hilarious grandmothers (3 if you count Alpha's, as she's awesome too).
    totally thought your BBM from Yesterday meant I was getting picked as least favourite poster.

I will post a fact check on his responses next week :)

yeah pretty sure i heard something about that as well.
  • Have you ever stolen a hot dog from a grocery store?

Have you ever fell out a tree into a creek?

Do you have an irrational fear of salt and pepper shakers?

What does the quote "it's not physically possible to do that to yourself" make you instantly think of?
  • hockref wrote: »
    Have you ever stolen a hot dog from a grocery store?

What does the quote "it's not physically possible to do that to yourself" make you instantly think of?

Family in the thread. This could get quite entertaining.

Sadly, it's true. Happened a couple of years back. Some parents group decided that, instead of taking responsibility for their own children, they'd blame a furry blue Muppet for their overweight and underexercised tubs o' lard. Fucking pricks. Can you tell I'm still bitter?
  • What the most confused you have ever been by a T shirt?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Space Quest.
    What the most confused you have ever been by a T shirt?

100% for about 2km

Cerberus wrote: »
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Space Quest.

These require eloboration, imo.
  • I dunno. I think the rules just say we get to ask questions and the person in the well answers them. He did answer them :)
  • Where did you hide the hot dog?
  • Will you elaborate on the answers to your brother's questions for us? Strictly for entertainment purposes you understand.

At least tell us what the t-shirt was . . .

How come Mom liked Hockref best?
    Where did you hide the hot dog?
    down the hallway, natch . . .
    down the hallway, natch . . .

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
    Where did you hide the hot dog?

In my belly.
    Will you elaborate on the answers to your brother's questions for us? Strictly for entertainment purposes you understand.

At least tell us what the t-shirt was . . .

How come Mom liked Hockref best?

Sure, what the hell.

Yes, but it was unintentional. See, some jerk of an older brother of mine, when I was 7 (correct me if I'm wrong, might have been 6 ) told me that the hot dogs in the big bulk bins at the grocery store were free samples. Thus, I grabbed one, walked around the store eating it and, if memory serves me correctly, handed the garbage to someone in the store and said "Thanks!"

Yes, one time. Same place actually, in Canmore, Alberta. I was always a large kid. My friends had all used a branch to swing across the creek. I go last, I grab the branch, halfway across *CRACK* and into the creek I go. I walked home covered in mud from head to toe. I knock on the door at the house, as I didn't want to walk in and get mud all over the place but didn't know what to do. Some jerk of an older brother answers the door, looks at me, closes the door, laughs for 2 minutes, then takes me around the back and hoses me off.

See, I should have said no to this one. After what he did to me, this fear is perfectly rational. When I was around 3, I thought the coolest thing in the world was that my older brother got to go to school. So, every day he came home I'd harass the crap out of him about what he did. He comes home one day and says "Guess what I learned in school today?"

I dunno, tell me!

"If you pour salt in one ear, pepper in the other ear and bang on the back of your head, your brain will fall out your nose."

Really?

"Yeap."

Wow... Hey, why are your hands behind your back?

Hockref takes out the salt and pepper shakers from behind his back and chases Cerberus around the house for the next 30 minutes until dad came home and grounded his sorry ass.

Have to be honest, this one took a while for me to figure out. I had to get him to pull 4 more quotes before I got it. For those who don't know it, Space Quest was one of those typing adventure games where you would move your little guy around on the screen and type in the actions. Well, if you type in stuff like "go fuck yourself" the programmers were smart enough to think ahead and it replies "it's not physically possible to do that to yourself." My favourite smart ass quote was from the second game. At the very beginning, you can walk off the edge of the space station and float away. The game then goes on an 8 paragraph rant about how much you suck and how much your friends are going to make fun of you for not even making it off the first screen. Awesome stuff.

The shirt thing. Well, around the time I was 11, I was walking to the store with some jerk of an older brother and one of his friends. His friend had a shirt on. Remember the old 7-UP character Fido Dido. Well, the shirt said Fido Dildo. I asked what I thought was a very reasonable question: who's Dildo? They spent the next 20 minutes laughing their asses off as I proceeded to get louder and louder in asking the same question over and over again. Finally, my jerk of an older brother says you're asking the wrong question. I ask what's dildo in a very confused manner, they explain and I am grossed out beyond all reason for the next 6 months.

Mom doesn't like him best. She just figures that he needs more love because I'm so full of awesomeness that I can get by with a little less. But she does send me more presents than him for Christmas.

And for those wondering, yes Hockref is my best man at the wedding. How f***ed up is that?
    In my belly.

That's true