What does someone need to do to get banned from this site?

Comments

• costanza wrote: »
    should also mention that Comp gets alot of grief from people, but I really do think we need more leadership around here

scoops owns this bitch and never posts (lol?) , wes is MIA half the time, and Comp is here most of the time, but has difficulty making decisions
    Why should Scoops be here a lot, he's the owner, probably would be detrimental if he was here all the time.. You for sure wouldn't be here...:)

Bolded is funny since you were the one begging me not to ban darb..
    costanza wrote: »
    As far as im concerned, being mod is fairly simple.. keep threads on topic, keep negative/testing posts to a minimum , and do decisions based on what's best for the FORUM, not necessarily friends/members.
    You have no clue do you?
    costanza wrote: »
    I know it seems like I care too much, but this is my favorite site on the internet... with a bit more seriousness and better moderation , we can potentially grow and attract more people to post up in this piece.

If a noob was to join they would see locked/moved threads all over the place, heated political debates, relentless trolling, and other bullshit.. not very appealing.

let's clean this bitch up, get the pokerz talk going, and make this place the bomb like it was a couple years ago
    Ever been on 2+2 at all...?
    Actually there are more active members here than there were a couple of years ago. For sure there is turnover but that's pretty normal.

And two years ago it was the bomb? Wasn't that about when you showed up.. hmm.. and you claim it has gone down hill since you came?

FYI, there are not locked threads all over the place, most are moved into mod talk which you can't see... And I believe that almost all of the threads that have been locked or caused a lot of moderation either have had you or darb actively involved in, wonder why that is?

Summary: If you want me to step aside and turn this place into a free for all, I will.... As long as several respected members agree.. That does NOT include you and darb.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Why should Scoops be here a lot, he's the owner, probably would be detrimental if he was here all the time.. You for sure wouldn't be here...:)

Bolded is funny since you were the one begging me not to ban darb..

You have no clue do you?

Ya, obviously Darb is good for the forum... of course I want him here.

And actually I do have a clue sir, thanx for asking.

Ever been on 2+2 at all...?

nope, big sites aren't my thing .. too much trolling, even for me on that site

Actually there are more active members here than there were a couple of years ago. For sure there is turnover but that's pretty normal.

And two years ago it was the bomb? Wasn't that about when you showed up.. hmm.. and you claim it has gone down hill since you came?

been here alot longer than 2 years

FYI, there are not locked threads all over the place, most are moved into mod talk which you can't see... And I believe that almost all of the threads that have been locked or caused a lot of moderation either have had you or darb actively involved in, wonder why that is?

I didnt take part in any of the squabble... per se. I fully admit and have stated that im not educated enough on alot of the conversations to offer an official opinion either way.

I did "jaja" the shit out of milo.. probably in bad taste, but whatevs, cant all be perfect.

Summary: If you want me to step aside and turn this place into a free for all, I will.... As long as several respected members agree.. That does NOT include you and darb.

where did i say I wanted a free for all? it's obvious i want MORE moderation and leadership , not it taken away.
    And didn't you have a temp ban way back?

and please name the inconsistencies... Promise, it won't earn you a ban..

if you ban someone, ban them already. if they come back w another forum name, ban them again. if they are spewing racial hate, perma ban them.
  • Going FFA for a few weeks sounded fun, but (and this is the only time I'll say it), would have been better with darb...

Mark
  • FFA + darb = FTW!!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    if you ban someone, ban them already. if they come back w another forum name, ban them again. if they are spewing racial hate, perma ban them.
    That's not inconsistancies, that's just plain judge, jury and executioner...
    You don't believe in temp bans? If it's ban worthy it's permanent? no appeal, no recourse... I assume you are referring to fed here but I much prefer the "softer" touch, I do believe in rehabilitation for "some" offences...

If everything was permanent both you and GTA would have been gone long ago...;)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Going FFA for a few weeks sounded fun, but (and this is the only time I'll say it), would have been better with darb...

Mark

Are you saying darb should or should not have been banned permanently?

Imagine what it would have been like with both Kristy (and I do love Kristy :) ) and darb on here at their peaks? Each would have had to have their own personal mod...
  • Oh no,

Darb shoulda been gone at the first sieg heil. But if there was an unleashing of ppl on him, that'd have been fun. Nobody I really wanna hate on now.

Maybe I can get some of the fuckwit pro-life protestors down the street at Freeport hospital to sign up...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Maybe I can get some of the fuckwit pro-life protestors down the street at Freeport hospital to sign up...

Mark
    do it, do it.... well maybe wait until I get some help..;)

we'll start up two new sections, pro-life and pro-choice...
  • Milo wrote: »
    Trigs, those who wish for power probably should not be allowed to wield it.

lol i was just joking around. in all honesty, i think i'd make a good mod but like i said some people here hate me.
  • trigs wrote: »
    lol i was just joking around. in all honesty, i think i'd make a good mod but like i said some people here hate me.
    lol, we're all hated by someone....

If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012..

I think the only person I've noticed "hating" you are Darb and Fed so that isn't really a knock against you. I may not always agree with you but I think you would be a fair and reasonable mod.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    I think the only person I've noticed "hating" you are Darb and Fed so that isn't really a knock against you. I may not always agree with you but I think you would be a fair and reasonable mod.
    Just my 2 cents.

big no for trigs, hes too retarded.

My 2 cents.
    big no for trigs, hes too retarded.

My 2 cents.
    don't think you're opinion counts for much. This will not be a vote...
    don't think you're opinion counts for much. This will not be a vote...

Hmm...

ironing-mountain.jpg
  • Modding really isn't the problem here. I think comp does a fine job. The site in general is really losing its interest and those still here seem bored and seem to be getting more crazy than they used to be. Other than off topic flaming look at me type posts there is very little poker talk on the site anymore. Not sure if that's because poker in general is on the decline or people are generally just bored of message board chatter etc. I notice it on stock message boards too. The times they are a changin...
    i'll be mod. just give me the power!!

i'm on here pretty much every day anyway. pretty sure there are quite a few that hate me here though.

Trigs for prez!

/thread.:)
  • Trigs might actually be a decent choice for mod . . . he's a teacher, iirc, so he has experience with unruly children.
  • I'm anti trigs

Doesn't offer enough poker and he's a douchebag imho
  • Jah starting more crap itt
  • I think Comp does a helluva job dealing with us miscreants. If someone were willing, able and capable of providing him with help, I'm all for it. I think both Trigs and JohhnieH would be solid choices. I also firmly believe that both of them are man enough that, if they weren't doing a good job, they'd walk away from it.

Costanza, I think it's been noted a few times that your opinion on this isn't exactly going to be taken into consideration.
  • Democracy tho
  • Could have sworn Comp said there wasn't going to be a vote, so that statement makes less sense than some of Darb's non poker related ramblings.
  • Fwiw I don't see a need for more mods... Permaban racist hatemongerers and then deal with the rest of us. Ezgame

Only criticismis that darb should obv be banned for life for the crap here spews. I haven't read a post of hours since he lost his shit but from other posters on here I can see it has likely gotten worse
  • grunchity grunch grunch, just please shorten Darb's ban cos 2 years seems absurd, and his latest poker threads were ridic good and extremely informative!!!

(my 2 cents)
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    grunchity grunch grunch, just please shorten Darb's ban cos 2 years seems absurd, and his latest poker threads were ridic good and extremely informative!!!

(my 2 cents)

I think you're missing the point re: bannings on this site
  • probably am lol
  • not sure why people think my opinion means less than anyone else's??

if anything, it should mean more imo
    not sure why people think my opinion means less than anyone else's??

if anything, it should mean more imo

because you're a pro or because you seek attention like a tween?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    because you're a pro or because you seek attention like a tween?

coke.jpg
This discussion has been closed.