BBQs: Propane, Natural Gas or Charcoal?

13»

Comments

• This whole thread is why I love this place... I've been gone all day moving furniture to Orillia and even though a flame war breaks out, it is all put out before I get in...

Medium/well for me Johnnie, I don't eat on the hoof beef..
  • For me, I love a saying I hadn't heard before I moved back to Ontario.

"Knock the horns off that thing, wipe it's ass and get it on my plate God damnit."

I like bloody.
  • For me, I love a saying I hadn't heard before I moved back to Ontario.

"Knock the horns off that thing, wipe it's ass and get it on my plate God damnit."

I like bloody.

Dehorn it, slap it's butt, and send it on out here. hooooo eeeeeee

rare is the only way to go. medium is a crime, "well done" is such a misnomer that the requester should themselves be placed on the spit.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »

Hold the E-coli.
  • Also bought a Weber Spirit...is awesome and only took like 45mins to assemble
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

Hold the E-coli.

A bit of lemon juice and you no need to worry about e-coli. :D
    Really only an issue in ground meats anyways
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    ......and the lawnmower just died on me.

FML.

Mine just died too. Picked this bad boy up today.

Did my whole yard approx 1/4 acre with charge to spare.

black-and-decker-spcm1936.jpg
  • Battery will be dead within 2 years. POS. Return it quick.
  • I had to sell my Weber in Cali and have now been BBQ less for over a year. Took a look ata store today and prices were about 1.5x what they were in the USA...will have to take a look online for a Weber Spirit, was a great BBQ

Would think there would be sales this time of year? Same BBQ I purchased for $399 in California is $599 here.

Broil King quality?

I should mention that I don't take great care of a BBQ and it may sit outside all winter since I use it year round. Not sure if this means I should buy lesser quality with the intention of replacing it when it starts rusting apart or buy better quality?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I had to sell my Weber in Cali and have now been BBQ less for over a year. Took a look ata store today and prices were about 1.5x what they were in the USA...will have to take a look online for a Weber Spirit, was a great BBQ

Would think there would be sales this time of year? Same BBQ I purchased for $399 in California is $599 here.

Broil King quality?

I should mention that I don't take great care of a BBQ and it may sit outside all winter since I use it year round. Not sure if this means I should buy lesser quality with the intention of replacing it when it starts rusting apart or buy better quality?

You sound like you treat your bbq like I do. Thus, at one point I decided that I shouldn't buy anything terribly expensive because I'm just going to wreck it anyways. Just adopt the philosophy that it's a thing that generates fire and you'll be fine with whatever you get and replace the burners every few years. You have technical skill, it's very easy to do.

Took me 10 minutes last summer and it was like I had a brand new bbq.

Sadly, every handful of years you just dispose of the carcass when necessary.