BBQs: Propane, Natural Gas or Charcoal?

Comments

• Unless we can get some ladies ITT please stop saying orifice
  • Getting a little "puckered"?
  • My 2 cents. I have a fiesta that was bought in 2003, still running today. Never had any issues with it.(Propane)
  • bigslik77 wrote: »
    My 2 cents. I have a fiesta that was bought in 2003, still running today. Never had any issues with it.(Propane)

Had a Fiesta in high school, sweet ride.
  • Zehrs was a bit of a bust. They only has 3 units, all propane monsters although the price of the smallest was $249, not bad.

Off to TA now.

Orifice.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    moose wrote: »
    Propane and Natural Gas are under different pressures. You might get it to light but it won't burn properly without different orifices, which are larger for NG. You can buy them or do it yourself as below.

Converting a Propane Grill to Natural Gas | Mobile Home Repair

I guess the dozen or so that I've flipped over and the two I've used for 10+ yrs don't work? It takes 2 minutes to open the orifices up ever so slightly and use NG.

Missing from your OP. I apologize for providing a full set of instructions. When you teach your kid to drive, are you going to tell him to use the clutch or leave that part out?
  • moose wrote: »
    Missing from your OP. I apologize for providing a full set of instructions. When you teach your kid to drive, are you going to tell him to use the clutch or leave that part out?

I hope you don't mention opening his/her orifices a bit wider during driving lessons
  • I find it ironic that Wolff and Moose are having a 'flame' war in a thread about BBQs

Just purchased a Weber on clearance for $500 from $649, also with no tax and already assembled.
  • ps....Moose I'll take that extra propane tank.
  • While TA had a problem with their purchasing system they loaded the BBQ into our car and gave us a free utensil set and 2 bottles of sauce.

Finally done and headed back to the 'Burg.

Real men can drive stick, but are secure enough to allow their gears to be shifted for them. Or they buy a CVT. As an engineer you should appreciate having NO gears (so to speak).
  • Mission accomplished! Now to stuff hot meat into my face orifice.

401624_10151634419100324_684420323_23542589_1219778942_n.jpg

Thanks for the help lads!
  • that fit in your car or does car = truck?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Mission accomplished! Now to stuff hot meat into my face orifice.

Hot meat into your face orifice? With help from "the lads"? Awkward.gif.

Nice unit, though, Johnnie. Bet you've never heard THAT before . . .
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    that fit in your car or does car = truck?

Rav4. We had to take the lid off, and move the seats forward a few inches. No biggie.
  • ......and the lawnmower just died on me.

FML.
  • At least it died after cause you HAVE to replace/fix it.

If it died before, no BBQ.

Seeming as I was going to do it for Johnnie, I didn't feel the need to explain wtf I was going to do. I told him what he needed to do, which was get a gas line and a new connection hose.
    I was doing the rest.

D
    p.s. both our cars are Automatics...and Tyler's driving just fine with his new G1. I love my new Playbook as well...bought it after your recap of your playbook at Royal.
  • nice buy Johnnie. Well done....but, I hope the steak is med rare.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    nice buy Johnnie. Well done....but, I hope the steak is med rare.

Blue Rare, FTW :)
    ......and the lawnmower just died on me.

FML.

Push motorless mower FTW. Walmart for $64 (14") or $95 (18"). Bought one about a month ago. Earthwise brand. Took me, as a complete non building type, 10 minutes to pop it together. Takes about 40 minutes to mow the yard now vs 30 minutes with a gas mower. Only real downsides I've had are twigs get lodged in it with no ability to just mow through them, so you have to stop and remove said twig from the blade orifice. Also, if the lawn gets too long, takes about 1.5 hours to mow it, so you have to do it every 7-10 days.

However, my yard isn't exactly massive, so this works great for me.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Push motorless mower FTW. Walmart for $64 (14") or $95 (18"). Bought one about a month ago. Earthwise brand. Took me, as a complete non building type, 10 minutes to pop it together. Takes about 40 minutes to mow the yard now vs 30 minutes with a gas mower. Only real downsides I've had are twigs get lodged in it with no ability to just mow through them, so you have to stop and remove said twig from the blade orifice. Also, if the lawn gets too long, takes about 1.5 hours to mow it, so you have to do it every 7-10 days.

However, my yard isn't exactly massive, so this works great for me.

1. Suggesting I purchase anything from WM is a waste of time. I will never, ever do so.

2. The wife has promised a ride on mower for my 40th, which is only a few years away so I won't be getting anything new in the meantime.

3. I cut my lawn on Thursday and it's about double in height already.

4. My lawn is fairly large, which you would know if you ever got off your ass and attend one of my tournaments.
  • Propane? Lawn mowing?

Have you met my friend 3925430967_e12dff82cf.jpg

was thinking about the 2 burner version of that today at home depot for $399 assembled etc...let me know how it works out

anything larger seems like a waste for me
    1. Suggesting I purchase anything from WM is a waste of time. I will never, ever do so.

2. The wife has promised a ride on mower for my 40th, which is only a few years away so I won't be getting anything new in the meantime.

3. I cut my lawn on Thursday and it's about double in height already.

4. My lawn is fairly large, which you would know if you ever got off your ass and attend one of my tournaments.

1. Went with the cheapest place I could think of because... well, someone will back me up on this one :)

2. Promises schmomises. Didn't you also promise me that you wouldn't leave cab fare on the nightstand and sneak out before I woke up again, but there it was, that $3.50, sitting on the nightstand this morning.

3. Yeah, my lawn is going to be an every week thing too.

4. As per #2, I never see your yard in daylight :(

Kind of off topic, but i would recommend sportgrid.ca (see deck before/after photos) for your deck Johnnie. I installed it 3 years ago and it is brand new, and never have to stain deck again. Plastic tiles that go on top of deck/patio.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Kind of off topic, but i would recommend sportgrid.ca (see deck before/after photos) for your deck Johnnie. I installed it 3 years ago and it is brand new, and never have to stain deck again. Plastic tiles that go on top of deck/patio.

sounds not great...pics? do you have astro turf for your lawn:)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    sounds not great...pics? do you have astro turf for your lawn:)

Go to site for pics. Its actually an amazing product. Wood decks are a bitch to maintain.