Using My One Time

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    Congrats GTA, please don't change your name (or your game), it just wouldn't be you...
    Sounds like a fantastic opportunity from both a personal and business perspective.. Go with it and show those Americans how it's really done. :)

I spent 6 weeks in the San Jose area in 79 or 80 during my IBM days and enjoyed it immensely. My family (wife and 3 kids all under 6) came with me and it was quite the experience as my wife had never really travelled outside of Ontario up to that point.

Would you consider starting a blog (either here or linked to here) so that we could all share in your quest? Would be an interesting read, especially with your flair for creative writing...

As for the Million, since I have never played it, I am probably not the perfect candidate however am willing to give it my best effort and since I would likely be the least experienced at large BI online tournaments, ie biggest I have played is $20. My biggest online win is like $1200. on a FT deep stack a year ago.
    Perhaps beginners luck for an ol mod? lol, at least the regs wouldn't have a book on me..:)

I really loved the area in the short time I was there.

I used to have a blog but now I just post on here so that's what I'll keep doing...I don't expect anything too exciting to happen poker-wise for a while. I had the most fun playing 8 16 limit when I was there. Just splashing chips around and being social so that will probably be the initial plan until I grow tired of it and need to play some big bet poker. Hopefully once I get settled in I will start taking some shots at 5/10+.

Bay 101 and Garden City are within 10 minutes of my clinic so I will be posting some trip reports from there. I've found my 2 sessions back in Edmonton gloomy and boring since playing at Garden City. It will be fun to check out Bay 101 once I get down there.

I think the Bay 101 WPT is in early March before I get there.

I've never played the SM either and I don't plan on it. I can't sit in front of a screen for that long. I don't really care about anyone's results for this deal, it's more about who I think deserves a shot and (obviously biased) who I enjoy on the forum. I may have to add a couple more seats.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I used to have a blog but now I just post on here so that's what I'll keep doing...I don't expect anything too exciting to happen poker-wise for a while.

Not so concerned as to your poker exploits, rather your day to day adventures settling in and acclimatizing...
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    I've never played the SM either and I don't plan on it. I can't sit in front of a screen for that long. I don't really care about anyone's results for this deal, it's more about who I think deserves a shot and (obviously biased) who I enjoy on the forum. I may have to add a couple more seats.

I hear you on sitting in front of a screen for 12 hours or so, my longest was about 10 hours for that Tilt final table where I finished 5th or 6th... 10 hrs for $1200. just didn't seem worth it when I really think back..

Live just seems to be so much easier to pass the time..
  • Idea!!! Wonder if Vekked and/or BTR or Wetts would be interested in giving the winners some tips on going deep in one of these? ie tight first, ramp up, etc? My own feeling would be to play it similar to a live deep stack event.
  • Congrats on the one time! Put me down for the Sunday Million. Thanks.
  • Looking forward to railing the winners.
  • comp - see Vekked's post re SM from the anniversary week....(i think thats what it was from anyways?)

I'd love a chance at the SM!!! Hell, I'd even buy you an XXL coffee from Tims!
  • reibs wrote: »
    comp - see Vekked's post re SM from the anniversary week....(i think thats what it was from anyways?)

images4.jpg

wat
  • Congrats GTA !! Nice to hear you took down the job.

I would be interested in the Sunday Million deal as well.
  • reibs wrote: »
    comp - see Vekked's post re SM from the anniversary week....(i think thats what it was from anyways?)

Only if you can answer this riddle.

How many oz in an XL at timmies?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Only if you can answer this riddle.

How many oz in an XL at timmies?

oh noes
  • Fantastic news! Congrats!

Would love to be in for SM...

But more interested in you getting a pic in front of Alcatraz holding a sign that says "Ain't no jail gonna hold me!"
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Fantastic news! Congrats!

Would love to be in for SM...

But more interested in you getting a pic in front of Alcatraz holding a sign that says "Ain't no jail gonna hold anyone from PFC!"

FYP.. info, I was there circa 1982... Wish I had a sign then...
  • Congrats GTA!

I'll pass on the offer for the Sunday Mill, but I will rail from here.

Good luck, ponies!
    Thanks everyone.

LL Cool J - Going Back To Cali - YouTube

I got the job starting March 30 and am so excited to move to The Bay Area...it seems like a perfect place for me after all this moving around I've been doing over the past 5-6 years.

Anyone that wants a Sunday Million BI let me know ITT and I will select 5 players for the 60:40 stated deal to play in March when I am back from vacation.

One time:)

You know who else is from Cali?

Bro Montana.

Dibs on couch.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

Bro Montana.

Dibs on couch.

Hell, I'll take the bathtub..
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

Bro Montana.

Dibs on couch.

Fo sho. We have to hit up a tourney series in the Bay Area. I'm still going to try to make it to Vegas and maybe play a 1.5k WSOP event or 2 this year...will debate if a 1mo rental will be worth it depending on my work schedule during WSOP. I'm sure I can get super cheap flights to Vegas.
  • Congrats, that's very cool.

I'd also like a shot at the SM BI.
    Fo sho. We have to hit up a tourney series in the Bay Area. I'm still going to try to make it to Vegas and maybe play a 1.5k WSOP event or 2 this year...will debate if a 1mo rental will be worth it depending on my work schedule during WSOP. I'm sure I can get super cheap flights to Vegas.

Congrats man

Southwest is a good bet. I have seen $39 + their various fees 1 way before and I'm sure it'll come up again.

I guess I'll call dibs on floor and I'll bring sleeping bag.
  • You guys are all suckers. We know he takes good care of animals.

Dibs on the gigantic dog house, with jacuzzi, mini bar and big screen TV.
  • Bump...guess its a good time in Cali.
    Thanks everyone.

I got the job starting March 30 and am so excited to move to The Bay Area...it seems like a perfect place for me after all this moving around I've been doing over the past 5-6 years.

Anyone that wants a Sunday Million BI let me know ITT and I will select 5 players for the 60:40 stated deal to play in March when I am back from vacation.

One time:)

I'll throw my name into the hat for the Sunday Million. I don't have the rep that some here do, but I feel I'm on a bit of rush lately. Anyway, congrats on the new job and best of luck!
  • Congrats! in 4 sunday milly stake!
  • in 4 milly buy in.

juan time
  • Still on vacation...will set this up when i get back. Can everyone interested play sunday march 11?
  • Works for me
  • Works for me too.
  • Works for me.
  • Works for me.

Yep !