Sigh I couldn't resist

My first PCOL order.

Non-denom ASM Roman mold 312 spots cash set. My favourite mold - now retired. Chips like this will never be produced again.

Option A on top, B on bottom. Which do you like best?

Intended values: .25 or .50, $1, $5, $20
Bank $2900

moose-albums-moose-picture162-asm-roman-mold-cash-set.jpg

Comments

• You need a 12-step program. :D
  • Something like that, yes.
  • I'd go with "B". The black just looks a little "off" with the rest of set "A".
  • Milo wrote: »
    I'd go with "B". The black just looks a little "off" with the rest of set "A".

I agree exactly with this
  • I like the A set. Having a bold chip the highest denom is cool.
  • Not a fan of the grey, but the pink pops nicely. I would consider the pink in A to go with the B line, but then you have same colour edgespot on the blue.

I'd go with B.

You said non denom, but are you considering a label of some kind at all?
  • I have a feeling these will have no recess.
  • ASM Roman I'm pretty sure don't have recess.
    Oh well..HOT STAMP!!>:D
  • I'm torn. I like the pink as a main denomination chip for a cash game ($.5 chip in a .5/1 game or similar), but I like the blue/yellow chip better than the dull blue chip. I'm guessing the lower denomination would be the more used/important chip so I would go with the pink set.

A. Final Answer.
  • In set "B", if you # them L to R, then I would use #4 as the $0.50 chip, #2 as the $1.00, #3 as the $5.00, and #1 as the #20.00.
    In set "B", if you # them L to R, then I would use #4 as the $0.50 chip, #2 as the $1.00, #3 as the $5.00, and #1 as the #20.00.

It just comes down to if you like the pink or bright blue better IMO, as the dark bleu and grey are meh in both sets but would also be the least used chips. I like the pink because it's more unique and I would use it as the main chip in a lower denomination game (<1/2)
  • I have seen that colour combo (the pink) in a few different sets, so it is not by any stretch unique. Shadings might be slightly different, but not that different. Same is true of the grey, but you are right about it being a personal preference. I jusy happened to pick the right one.
    I have seen that colour combo (the pink) in a few different sets, so it is not by any stretch unique. Shadings might be slightly different, but not that different. Same is true of the grey, but you are right about it being a personal preference. I jusy happened to pick the right one.

Are you calling me gay?
  • Are you?
    Are you?

Are you coming on to me?
  • Depends on whether you're gay, Jewish, and/or retarded. I'm flexible on the last one, as I would not want to offend Cerberus.
    Depends on whether you're gay, Jewish, and/or retarded. I'm flexible on the last one, as I would not want to offend Cerberus.

I've been called 2/3 of those.
  • Dammit . . . just my luck, too. Oh well, back to being fabulous, I guess.
  • So they arrived today short two racks, which kind of ruins the set if they can't be found but anyways. Taking opinions again.

IMG_3375.JPG

Option 1:

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3378.JPG

Option 2:

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG
  • Option 2. Now that I see the blue w/black, it actually fits nice.

Very nice Moose..but I have to ask..what are you going to do with them??
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Option 2. Now that I see the blue w/black, it actually fits nice.

Very nice Moose..but I have to ask..what are you going to do with them??

Nothing unless I can get those missing racks. But yeah otherwise - play with them?
  • I'm actually liking milo's suggestion of option 1 with the blue as the quarters and grey $20s.
  • Definitely #1, esp. after seeing the black. Way too jarring when compared to the other chips in the set.
  • gta poker wrote: »
    are you coming on me?

fyp
  • Might go with these hot stamps.

rqcloseup2.jpg
    riverqueens-004b.jpg
  • The River Queen? something you're not telling us, moose?
  • Which you likey?

moose-albums-moose-picture164-moose-uc.jpg

moose-albums-moose-picture163-moose-lc.jpg
  • #2. Better with the lower case.
  • I suck at photoshop so I couldn't make the background clear. Denoms are now .10, .25, $1, $5, $20, shown in order.

moose-albums-moose-picture165-roman-mold.jpg