Official DP3 chat thread

124»

Comments

• ALL ROSTERS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED !!!

Hold onto your hats folks . . . draft day is tomorrow !!!

Mods can now remove the "stickies" for DP 2.
  • Milo wrote: »
    ALL ROSTERS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED !!!

Hold onto your hats folks . . . draft day is tomorrow !!!

Mods can now remove the "stickies" for DP 2.

Nice! Draft day and MXM all at the same time..
  • Draft will be delayed a short while . . . someone submitted 80 plus names for their roster . . . trying to corner the market apparently. LOL corrections will be made and the draft will proceed tomorrow.
  • Some interesting things coming out of this year's draft. Oscar Niemeyer showed up on over half of the rosters. Despite drafting second last, comp is on track for 4 of his top 7 picks. Not to be outdone, the Mill used some clever weighting to get ALL 5 of his top picks. New guy could be rookie of the year. DJ in last position is doing surprisingly well. Unfortunately for Johnnie, the middle of the draft is NOT where you want to be, losing 4 of his top 6 before drafting his first player.

More to follow . . .
  • Jack Klugman, Nelson Mandela, Fidel, Dear Abby, Prince Phillip . . . all popular selections, and all on rosters.
  • How many have chosen 27 yr olds ?
  • A few . . . not everyone specified ages with their submissions. Guess we find out when they croak. Unquestioned "winner" of the draft is "the mill" who managed to snag 9 of his top 10 players. Now, whether that pays off for him will be another story.

Teams will be up momentarily. Each roster will have 15 players.
  • Milo wrote: »
    We will wait . . . as hopefully will the players. I propose that any wins be paid out as of 1 January, 2012. I will make the draft order selections in secret beforehand, and hold off publication until the teams are set so that no shenanigans are possible.

I thought we were rolling retroactive to the first
  • Should we not have some sort of qualifier as to the level of fame?

I could have chose my Great Uncle Fred who was on death's door, or picked a bunch of convicted death row inmates, but I didn't because it seemed against the spirit of the pool - which is to pick celebrities that are going to die.

I guess in the future we will have to have a the same sort of qualifications that some other death pools have: 1) No criminals convicted on death row, and 2) be famous enough to receive an obituary in (paper of choice) to prevent the fuckers that want to game what is supposed to be a fun pool.

Al
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Should we not have some sort of qualifier as to the level of fame?

I could have chose my Great Uncle Fred who was on death's door, or picked a bunch of convicted death row inmates, but I didn't because it seemed against the spirit of the pool - which is to pick celebrities that are going to die.

I guess in the future we will have to have a the same sort of qualifications that some other death pools have: 1) No criminals convicted on death row, and 2) be famous enough to receive an obituary in (paper of choice) to prevent the fuckers that want to game what is supposed to be a fun pool.

Al

Absolutely agree.

C'mon a guy on death row? That's cheating.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Should we not have some sort of qualifier as to the level of fame?
    It is not something that has been discussed at any length. It is a little late now, imo.
    That is one opinion. "The Mill" thought otherwise.

Al

That is definitely something we can add on for DP 4. I am not comfortable with altering the rules because someone has exploited a loophole.
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    Absolutely agree.

Show me where we have made a rule forbidding it.

Look guys, this is obviously not something that any of us thought of, or about, until now. I am not exactly overjoyed by this but, in the interest of keeping this pool "legitimate", I do not see any course beyond paying out as prescribed by the rules, and adapting the rules for the next pool. I will take my share of blame for this and, as posted in the roster thread, if you all feel strongly enough about it, I will step aside and someone else can take over for the year, and no hard feelings from my end.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Absolutely agree.

+1

I don't like using the word cheating as I can not claim to know TheMill's true intention but as far as spirit of the competition it is an over reach plain and simple.

I think it says absolutely everything that needs to be said when Al uses the term "fuckers" in reference to this act.