Official DP3 chat thread

Comments

• We will wait . . . as hopefully will the players. I propose that any wins be paid out as of 1 January, 2012. I will make the draft order selections in secret beforehand, and hold off publication until the teams are set so that no shenanigans are possible.
  • So you are going ahead with the draft without Mole?

And any deaths that occurs after midnight don't count?
  • Can't speak for Milo, but I think we're waiting for Mole's submission (that sounds kind of funny!). Upon arrival, Milo will do the drafting and any deaths between midnight tonight and draft day will be applied once the teams are chosen.

That's my read on it.
  • Can't speak for Milo, but I think we're waiting for Mole's submission (that sounds kind of funny!). Upon arrival, Milo will do the drafting and any deaths between midnight tonight and draft day will be applied once the teams are chosen.

That's my read on it.

Mine too
  • These . . . while there may be a slight advantage for Mole due to this delay, he will NOT be eligible to draft first, so even if her were to select a predeceased player as his #1 (or #2 for that matter), odds are against him getting the win by nefarious means.

Same thing will apply to DJ, although I am still expecting his roster today. Regardless, DJ will be ineligible for #1 status as well.

I will have everything ready to go so that, as soon as I get Mole's roster, I will announce the #1 draft winner, as well as the order of selection. I will then go through the draft and post teams ASAP, and any winners will pay out at that time.
  • My roster is finally submitted.
  • Okay, we are just waiting on Hellmuth's Mole to submit a roster and then off we go . . .
  • The question has been asked as to whether or not managers can alter there roster while we wait for Hellmuth's Mole to submit his picks.

I am inclined to say that changing the draft order for your roster is fine, but dropping/adding players would eliminate you from contention for the #1 pick.

What say you?
  • I don't think that we should start until we find out about Mole, ie it is up to each manager to "monitor" each of his picks to ensure they are still breathing up until the day we go "dead".
  • compuease wrote: »
    I don't think that we should start until we find out about Mole, ie it is up to each manager to "monitor" each of his picks to ensure they are still breathing up until the day we go "dead".

Starting after jan 1st would definitely change my draft order/picks..I'm cool with waiting but my team is my team, If a player on another managers team expires between now and moles roster, I will be more than happy to pay out and vice versa. Late Rosters hit the ground running without #1 draft pick and a the original rules intact. His team must all be breathing when they enter.

My humble 2 cents
  • No penalty will accrue for list changes.
  • Milo wrote: »
    These . . . while there may be a slight advantage for Mole due to this delay, he will NOT be eligible to draft first, so even if her were to select a predeceased player as his #1 (or #2 for that matter), odds are against him getting the win by nefarious means.

Same thing will apply to DJ, although I am still expecting his roster today. Regardless, DJ will be ineligible for #1 status as well.

I will have everything ready to go so that, as soon as I get Mole's roster, I will announce the #1 draft winner, as well as the order of selection. I will then go through the draft and post teams ASAP, and any winners will pay out at that time.

Are you serious? I have an advantage? If I don't have the same chance to get Zsa Zsa as everyone else then please remove me from consideration and proceed without me. It was my fault not to research this before leaving and not planning on taking a few hours of my vacation to research who might die in the next 12 months but having a disadvantage in drafting as compared to everyone else is of no interest to me.

Thanks anyway..
  • Jeez . . . take a pill. Is this about me not speaking French?

Screw it . . . I am acting unilaterally. Seeing as how we were willing to wait for the Mole to ship his roster anyway, EVERYONE will be entered for the #1 pick. Also, as no one seemed to object, Managers may alter their lists, up until the time I receive Hellmuth's Mole's roster. Once I have Mole's roster via PM, all submissions are FINAL and I will commence with the draft.

Besides, Etta James looks like a better #1 anyway . . .
  • Mole, you are waaaaaaay over reacting... Milo does all of this for nothing but the fun of it... And for the record I support his efforts. I am ok with having no penalty for any entries no matter the timing, however if Mole does not want to play, it's his loss.
  • Also, for the record, you were not the only Manager who was late. But w/e
  • Wish I would have seen this earlier; oh well, next year I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey I would be ok with you (or anyone else) submitting an entry as long as you stayed with it for the year.
  • Not sure why you think I was overreacting. I have no interest in joining if I am automatically down $5 to start. Zsa Zsa or Etta it doesn't matter, the #1 pick will die in 2012 and without an honest chance to have it why would I play?

And I honestly don't care that much if you want to go on without me. Jeez, I gotta start using a smiley for every 3 words like philli.

Now, I have already used up my self inflicted time limit of being in a Starbucks for 2012, so so long for now.
  • Chris, relax . . . and send in your roster, okay? We're not starting until the 7th, and back-dating from there, so you've got time.

compuease wrote: »
    Hey I would be ok with you (or anyone else) submitting an entry as long as you stayed with it for the year.

This . . . if no other managers object, and you can get a roster in by the end of the week, you are in.
  • Holy fuck, this isn't that hard.

Why don't we keep the '11 pool running until the '12 teams have been chosen? No 'back dating' or 'team monitoring' is required.

Shit, Cerb might get lucky have score a late win.
  • Always thinking of me... at least when you can get an extra kick in :|
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Holy fuck, this isn't that hard.

Why don't we keep the '11 pool running until the '12 teams have been chosen? No 'back dating' or 'team monitoring' is required.

Shit, Cerb might get lucky have score a late win.

DP 2 is officially over.

Back dating will not be an issue.

No way are you scoring a late win with Zsa Zsa . . . she's good 'til February at least.
  • Wow, took me a while to notice this. I hope this whole situation is resolved peacefully, fairly and Mole is in the Dead Pool. I am hoping we go with whatever option everyone is satisfied with.

I have no problem with what everyone appeared to have agreed upon earlier in this thread.

I want a present of some sort (it had better be good) from everyone for kicking all your fucking asses in last year's Dead Pool.
  • Oh you're gonna get it alright. Just not sure if it'll be flaming dog poop, cat poop or my poop.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Oh you're gonna get it alright. Just not sure if it'll be flaming dog poop, cat poop or my poop.

Cannot be all three? ???
  • I'm OK with whatever too.

Al
  • Anybody know where the Mole is? Sent him a PM yesterday with no response . . . Definitely do not want to wait past this weekend, but he has not confirmed one way or the other . . .
  • Present.

Home now but worked today on 3 hours sleep (love flying to/from Detroit but it has it's warts). Will submit tomorrow night.