• costanza wrote: »
    lol this post sucks .jpg

get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=9340

Mark
  • I dont get it..
    I dont get it..

Case and point.
    At first I thought this was a troll or joke post. Then I realized he actually doesn't get the inference.
  • darbday wrote: »
    I feel like you're commenting on a situation that you did not witness.
    Yet again you fail to comprehend the point or even the gist. At no point did I reference one particular event. I was referring to these situations in general.
    For your information, I've been a member of this forum for 7 years so I have an extensive base of experiences on here from which to draw.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    Yet again you fail to comprehend the point or even the gist. At no point did I reference one particular event. I was referring to these situations in general.
    For your information, I've been a member of this forum for 7 years so I have an extensive base of experiences on here from which to draw.
    ok, didn't realize your rant was a derail completely separate from the topic of this thread.
    ok, didn't realize your rant was a derail completely separate from the topic of this thread.

Thereby making it pointless and out of context? Hardly. It was an explanation of the root of this whole matter based on why situations like this keep arising.
    If we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it. Or something to that effect.
    I dont get it..

4fa36b2f66feb.png
    Thereby making it pointless and out of context? Hardly. It was an explanation of the root of this whole matter based on why situations like this keep arising.
    If we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it. Or something to that effect.
    I agree this forum is wrought with ridiculous battles, however this thread was created because Mark would not stop harassing me on and off the felt, I was no longer able to chat with others in the chat box on stars, because it was filled with mark constantly calling me down, this was only part of what he was doing.

also you've taken issue with me for no good reason whatsoever.
  • Also in the other thread on the world and its solution, I see like 5 pages of people laughing at the thought that the sun revolves around the earth, and then another 10 of people trying to save face after looking completely silly for trying to prove me wrong?

Only I see that? hmmm..i guess its just me then.
    Also in the other thread on the world and its solution, I see like 5 pages of people laughing at the thought that the sun revolves around the earth, and then another 10 of people trying to save face after looking completely silly for trying to prove me wrong?

Only I see that? hmmm..i guess its just me then.

Yes. Only you see that. Your perception is warped such that you only see what you want to see. This makes it easier for you to continue on with your belief that you are are above reproach despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
    Yes. Only you see that. Your perception is warped such that you only see what you want to see. This makes it easier for you to continue on with your belief that you are are above reproach despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
    So now you are saying that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth as much as the earth around the sun?
    I agree this forum is wrought with ridiculous battles, however this thread was created because Mark would not stop harassing me on and off the felt, I was no longer able to chat with others in the chat box on stars, because it was filled with mark constantly calling me down, this was only part of what he was doing.

also you've taken issue with me for no good reason whatsoever.

I initially did not take issue with you. I found you a bit silly and I see some signs that troubled me so I offered some simple and friendly advice. But you continued on your crusade to bash us all over the head with your wisdom all the while selectively ignoring or perverting anything that contradicted this. Every time someone gets fed up with your completely disingenuous attempts at debate you feel you and your crackpot theories are validated.
    That's what's caused me to take issue with you now. As I mentioned earlier though, getting worked up over people online serves no purpose. I am going to accept the fact that I am completely unable to have a reasonable dialogue with you and I will do my best to avoid interaction. I still have some work to get done today then I'm off to work out, etc, etc. And my life goes on.
    I initially did not take issue with you. I found you a bit silly and I see some signs that troubled me so I offered some simple and friendly advice. But you continued on your crusade to bash us all over the head with your wisdom all the while selectively ignoring or perverting anything that contradicted this. Every time someone gets fed up with your completely disingenuous attempts at debate you feel you and your crackpot theories are validated.
    That's what's caused me to take issue with you now. As I mentioned earlier though, getting worked up over people online serves no purpose. I am going to accept the fact that I am completely unable to have a reasonable dialogue with you and I will do my best to avoid interaction. I still have some work to get done today then I'm off to work out, etc, etc. And my life goes on.
    As long as we agree, the sun revolves around the earth, as the earth does the sun.
    So now you are saying that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth as much as the earth around the sun?

Damn it. I was almost away and I saw this. I swear, last post.

Show me anywhere that I made any claim about my stance on the sun and or the earth's orbit. How is it possible that after everything I've said, the only thing you keep coming back to is this stupid orbit statement. It is the one statement that I've clearly said I don't give a shit about. Your insistence on fighting me on the claim that I have never made one way or the other simply proves my point about your warped perception.
    Damn it. I was almost away and I saw this. I swear, last post.

Show me anywhere that I made any claim about my stance on the sun and or the earth's orbit. How is it possible that after everything I've said, the only thing you keep coming back to is this stupid orbit statement. It is the one statement that I've clearly said I don't give a shit about. Your insistence on fighting me on the claim that I have never made one way or the other simply proves my point about your warped perception.
    My whole 'crazyness' is based on that, all the bullshit in the other thread is people laughing and suggesting im trying to weasel my way out of being wrong. Is that what happened, or am I seriously obviously clearly correct.

And yes I've noticed you have avoided answering the question while continuing to accuse me of avoiding things.
  • darb, I usually don't complain about spelling; I tend to chalk it up to a mistype. Unless I see it over and over in multiple threads.

It's intelligence, with an "i."

Please, don't take this the wrong way.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    darb, I usually don't complain about spelling; I tend to chalk it up to a mistype. Unless I see it over and over in multiple threads.

ha!

like i said 'smart people talk dumbly' is my excuse ;)

edit: you definitely win the crown today though.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    darb, I usually don't complain about spelling; I tend to chalk it up to a mistype. Unless I see it over and over in multiple threads.

I've been waiting to see how long it would take.

Mark
  • These threads reminds me so much of this exchange:

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
    Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
    Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
    Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?
    Man in Black: Australia.
    Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
    Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
  • Princess Bride is a FANTASTIC film . . .
  • I have always enjoyed Mark's company - and have engaged in many arguments with him - where there was no right or wrong - as is true so often - where you stand depends on where you sit.

On an unrelated note --- I hope you two do get the opportunity to meet --- KristySea and I used to share barbs on here --- and when we finally met we get along quite well...

Tom
  • Metro wrote: »
    I have always enjoyed Mark's company - and have engaged in many arguments with him - where there was no right or wrong - as is true so often - where you stand depends on where you sit.

On an unrelated note --- I hope you two do get the opportunity to meet --- KristySea and I used to share barbs on here --- and when we finally met we get along quite well...

Tom

Dafuq?? He lurks!??!

Good hearing from you Metro - still doing the hazelnut shots?

Mark
This discussion has been closed.