CPF Las Vegas February 2012!

Comments

• Hey all,

My (t) is look more and more less than likely. :( Just no vacation room this year, with all the other trips planned.

I do plan on taking part in one of these trips!!
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Hey all,

My (t) is look more and more less than likely. :( Just no vacation room this year, with all the other trips planned.

I do plan on taking part in one of these trips!!

Suxors.
  • Hotel prices have really come down from when I firt booked. Was able to get TI for the Friday night at $60 cdn.
  • New Spirit extra charge, effectively immediately... Less gambling money guys. :(

Spirit Airlines adding 'unintended consequences fee' - CNN.com
  • compuease wrote: »
    New Spirit extra charge, effectively immediately... Less gambling money guys. :(

Spirit Airlines adding 'unintended consequences fee' - CNN.com

I likes me the name of that
  • Well we've already paid so it does not apply. But this is a bit of doh! since we had to change Mario's ticket and pay a fee to do so, even though it was within 1 hour of booking.
    The new DOT regulation allows passengers to change flights within 24 hours of booking without paying a penalty.
  • moose wrote: »
    Well we've already paid so it does not apply. But this is a bit of doh! since we had to change Mario's ticket and pay a fee to do so, even though it was within 1 hour of booking.

Offer them a toonie and see if they'll do it
  • Seekthegrail and I have chopped on a car rental. If you three boys want in, it's $15 each.

Schedule so far:
    Mon: Ellis Island 4pm BBQ
    Tues: Hash House/Joker's Wild - craps/7 pm Razz Tropicana
    Wed: Palms spa/Gaylord's Indian restaurant
    Thurs: Brazilian steakhouse/Joker's Wild - craps/7 pm O8 Tropicana
    Fri: Bellagio Buffet

Winter Classic - Caesars Palace Las Vegas

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Content_Blocks/Gaming/Deepstack_Extravaganza/2012_Deep_Stack_I/DeepStackI2012_2.pdf
  • What did you guys book? Pretty sure we won't all fit in a regular car. We'll probably take the Deuce or a cab for the most part anyhow. If we do mooch a ride we will 'pay-as-we-go'

I haven't put too much thought into a set schedule, except for Ellis Island for the first dinner.

Honestly, I'm staying away from the craps table. It's fun, but I'm way too much of a noob to make money there.
  • Check Resturant.com for Hash + Gaylord gift certificate. Wait til they have 80% off and you're paying like $2 for a GC worth $25
  • Some pretty good cash game action when I was in Vegas last week. Got to shoot 5/10 with Jimmy Tran and Jamie Gold, and actually made money off both. :) The bigger games are definitely more lucrative.

Anyone going to be in Vegas for Feb 17th? Got an invite from Jamie Gold to his grand opening of his new poker room, if anyone wants me to forward it to them.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Anyone going to be in Vegas for Feb 17th? Got an invite from Jamie Gold to his grand opening of his new poker room, if anyone wants me to forward it to them.
    Is that the one that is $30. to get in? You have free passes?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Is that the one that is $30. to get in? You have free passes?

I will PM you the link tomorrow. I think there is a contact person that will put your name on the list. This link doesn't seem to be public. Jamie sent it to me on his cell when he was sitting next to me at the table. Guess I could forward you his cell no. and you could call him directly lol :)
  • @jah forward it to seekthegrail, he will be in town at that time

@johnnie it's a similar car to last time. If you aren't bringing suitcases it should be fine. You can be in or out on the car. Steve and I are only asking you to put $45 total towards the cost. It should be the same as a cab to/from the airport. Any other rides are a freeroll.

@wes did the restaurant.com thing before. it worked but Gaylords is just as cheap if not cheaper if you use tixfortonight in Vegas.
  • went to see Absinthe and Beatlemania this time in Vegas. Both were well worth the cost IMO. Absinthe was a big rude if your wives aren't into that thing. There are many discount codes for both shows online as well.

Played cash games at Planet Hollywood (was staying there for part of the trip), Bellagio and Venetian. Still think Bellagio is the best poker room for any stakes 2/5+. Made my most profit at Venetian, but seems to be mostly regulars (especially at 2/5), whereas Bellagio had a lot more tourists dropping in.

If you are a regular 2/5 player here in Canada, I wouldn't discount taking a shot at 5/10 while in Vegas. The game is a lot more looser than 2/5 and you can make money if you play standard TAG poker. Most players buy-in for $1,000 to $1,500, although the minimum buy-in is $400. There are usually a few players at the table with $10k (as there is no cap on the maximum buy-in), but this is the exception.
  • Just checked and a flight now would be $477.

Also booked Absinthe tix for Wed.
  • You guys must be getting pumped for your trip!...
  • Seat open. ...Mario can not come.
  • I will be at Ballys about a week and one-half after your stay...
  • With Mario out, I'm hoping we can still get the room for free with Beanies TR card. If not, that sucks, but it will not destroy our trip. I'll miss Mario but at least Beanie doesn't have to sleep on the floor.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    With Mario out, I'm hoping we can still get the room for free with Beanies TR card. If not, that sucks, but it will not destroy our trip. I'll miss Mario but at least Beanie doesn't have to sleep on the floor.

Wait a minute......you guys sleep in Vegas?

Have a great trip.
    Seat open. ...Mario can not come.

Was his flight booked?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Was his flight booked?

Yes.
  • Weather forecast, up to Thursday. Not to shabby!

16 15 16 20 22
    Staying at Bally's Feb 20-24. The room is FREE thanks to the mulit-player booking with a Total Rewards card. I don't think we'll be getting a car as this will most likely be a pure gambling trip.

Who's in?

1. JohnnieH
    2. Mario
    3. Beanie42!!
    4. Moose
    5. MrsMoose
    6. R-brotha (t)
    8. Compuease
    9. Westside8 (t)
    10. SeektheGrail
    11. TheGrail

So without doing an attendance check through all the posts, who's going now?
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    So without doing an attendance check through all the posts, who's going now?

Johnnie, Beanie, Moose, MrsMoose leave on Monday,

Seekthegrail and the Mrs are there now. We have a dinner date with them on Monday at Ellis Island.
  • add K9DR from chiptalk as well. Seven for dinner!
    add K9DR from chiptalk as well. Seven for dinner!

Nice!

Wes (as always) is tentative also.
    Nice!

Wes (as always) is tentative also.

Probably not this time around. Haven't found any cheap flights out