Bramalea, Saturday July 16th, 6:30 p.m.

Comments

• Sup Milo and all, its been a while. Hope all is well with all. Good food, easy money, i'm comin' hungry. I mean, in please.
    PM needed please.
  • Shifty wrote: »
    Sup Milo and all, its been a while. Hope all is well with all. Good food, easy money, i'm comin' hungry. I mean, in please.
    PM needed please.

You're in, Shifty. 93 Drew . . . sorry, but I do not recognize the handle so, as per the OP, thank you for the interest, but not this time.

PM coming . . .
  • sorry, but I do not recognize the handle so, as per the OP?

alright thought you still needed guys
  • OP is obviously too subtle. As this is my house we are playing in, I would rather not deal with strangers. Sorry to be blunt . . . but I am sure, if you stick around here long enough, we will meet up. As for my event, I am pretty much full now, regardless. Thank you anyway for your interest.
  • ok i understand, im new to live poker so i just joined this site. probably will meet you at some point
  • Hey Milo, Any chance I can get in on this still ?

Just found out my Saturday night is open. I will need address / directions. etc...
  • Sure thing, but only if you promise to leave the rungood at home . . .

PM on the way.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Sure thing, but only if you promise to leave the rungood at home . . .

PM on the way.

You like me, you really like me. not sure about the run good, but after the day I've had, partying with the guys tonight, poker on Saturday with eats, golf on Sunday. I doubt things could get much better.
  • Are your T's likely to firm up? I may be able to get a player from the Rocks if needed.
  • Yes, they are very likely to be there . . . sorry comp.
  • Shoot. Don't know how I missed this. Gf is gone for the weekend and I was looking for a game to play. :(

If a spot opens up and you're cool with me playing, I'd be in.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Yes, they are very likely to be there . . . sorry comp.

No problem at all, I didn't have anyone in particular in mind... However I could quite possibly get BigBob if you lose someone.
  • I will keep it in mind. Bob is good people and, like yourself, may fall asleep after he is fed . . .
  • Sorry, I have bail.
  • Sorry to hear that AJ. Hope the weekend goes well with your guests.
  • Milo if Bob can't make it out send Will (Hiphop..etc lol) an invite. You know him from Rodney's 1st game.

See you all tomorrow!
  • Thanks, Dan. Forgot about Will, our transplant from the left coast. We still have 17 , and if Big Bob is coming out that will fill us up. Sorry, Hiphop . . . would have been nice to see you again.

This is fun . . . cleaning is done, tables are out, just need to finish setting up chips, chairs, keep the caterer fueled with promises of foot massages, and back-rubs, and everything will be fine.

One other thing . . . the wife's name is KAREN, not MrsMilo . . . using my Forum name will confuse enough of my friends as it is . . . lulz.

Any last minute stuff, please call the house# provided in the PM I sent, as I will be intermittent on the Forum from here on out . . .

<<<<<<<< NICE, EH?
  • Hahaha. Yup, that's me.

In any case, if there's any last minute drop outs, feel free to send me a pm. Not doing anything today other than some laundry and some reading. If I hear nothing by five, I'll probably just fire up a bunch of mtts.
  • I haven't even called BigBob so if Will wants in no problem here.
  • PM sent, Will, hope you can make it. Thanks for the update, comp. Field is SET.
  • Thanks Milo! Also to Dan for the vouch. Hahaha. Got the pm. Looking forward to playing there. See you guys in a bit.
  • Thanks to all who signed up, even those who had to bail. Trip report will follow . . . off to finish the set-up.

One final bonus . . . Lamb skewers to accompany the Pork Satay kebobs. You folks are spoiled . . .
  • Game over . . . off to bed . . . report tomorrow . . . err, later today.
  • Okay, here we go . . .

Started the night with 17 players on two tables, after one of my regulars bailed at the last minute. Not too much action during the re-buy period, as I think the Forum crowd was trying to suss out how my regular crowd played. Six rebuys in total during the first four levels. Not sure of any highlights at the other table but I doubled my starting stack within the first 2 orbits after getting smashed by the deck. Most of that went Ninja's way (surprise surprise), and he built a monster stack that had to be close to 30k or more. Law of Big Numbers took over, as we short stacks began to pick away at the behemoth in our midst, and Dan slowly dwindled down, with the coup de grace coming after I had been moved to the other table.

Final table started with 4 regulars, and 4 Forum members, and the 50/50 split stayed constant most of the way down. Karen was the first out when her top pair was beaten by a turned straight.Next two bust-outs were due to dominated Aces. A8v.A9 in one case and AQv.AK in the other. asxn577 got caught with his hand in the cookie jar (more about the food later), but I promised him I would not reveal the bust-out hand, and I am a man of my word. Your genial host was the bubble boy, trying to push Devon off his JJ with 44. I had gotten away with a few steals earlier, so was due to get caught, I guess. That left MCflip, Devon and my pal Mike in the $$$. Flip was the short stack, and pulled a Milo, shoving Q8 into Aces. What ensued wasan almost 45 minute Hu battle between Mike and Devon. Back and forth lead changes until, ultimately, Devon's Q2 < Mike's A10.

Karen's cooking was up to it's usual standard, and I am sure everyone had their fill. Missed out on the Lamb skewers, but the stuffed potatoes were her best ones to date. I am currently having a dessert pizza breakfast, along with a cupcake. Left over Strombolis for lunch, too . . . yummies.

Off to watch Phillie Mick blow the Open Championship.
  • Thank you Milo and wify for hosting and cooking. Was good to see some familiar faces. Despite being card dead, unlucky, tired and did not money, I did not re-buy (must count for something). Can't wait to see how you top the menu for your next event.

Thanks again
    K
  • Thanks for hosting and thank Karen for cooking again. It was fun and the food was great!
  • Shifty wrote: »
    I did not re-buy (must count for something)

I play a rebuy like it's a freezeout that just has more loose all ins than other freezeouts. Online, with the advent of late registration, I've made a practice of registering about 30 seconds before the rebuy period ends. Of course I'm not going to be able to do that at the WSPC event on the 16th :D
  • Thanks, guys, I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves, just wish I could could have gone 1 rung higher on the ladder. Karen will be please with the reviews . . .
  • Lots of fun yesterday Milo (and I'd be saying that even if I didn't money). The food was AWESOME !! Never been to a poker game and been fed like that, my compliments to Karen. Excellent people to spend an afternoon / evening with as well.
  • Thanx Milo and Karen...,

It was truly a fun evening of poker...., definitely a lot of grinding for yours truly right from the onset..., the food alone was the motivation to stick around! And woulda could shoulda taken some home?!?!?!;) In any case, I'm already salavating on the menu list for the next event!

It was nice seeing everyone again. Ohhh and one highlite - Q9o is definitely the nuts..., other than 63o in the final table.;)

MC