Bramalea, Saturday July 16th, 6:30 p.m.

Okay, I have been dithering about this long enough, and it is time to jump in the pool:

A NLHE Tournament is being held on the 16th at my place in Bramalea, roughly 5 minutes from the Ching Hill Poker League (for perspective). Details are as follows:

Buy-in: $25.00, includes $5.00 for catering (you will not be disappointed)

Stacks: Players will start with T5,000 in chips

Re-buys: Players will be allowed one (1) re-buy ($20.00 = T5000) during the first 4 levels.

Levels: Each level will last 20 minutes

Blinds: Will follow a modified WSOP schedule (no antes) and will start at 25 - 50

Breaks: Scheduled every four levels and will last 10 minutes. First break will be longer to account for the above mentioned catering.

My home is smoke-free, but the car-port will be available for those who wish to indulge. Adult beverages are your reponsibility, but a selection of pop/water, etc. will be available. Also, we have 4 cats, so anyone with allergies is advised to bring their own Claritin. Also, be advised that, should you leave your chair during play, Chester may decide to play your hand for you, and all he does is shove.

Finally, as this is only going to be two (2) tables, preference will be given to those with whom the Missus and I know or have played with in the past. Thanks for understanding. Roster follows:

1. Milo
2. Karen B.
3. Ian P
4. Mike M
5. Paul P
6. Richard V
7. Jim B
8. Hiphopopotamus
9. John M
10. compuease
11. Highflyer
12. asxn557
13. MCflip73
14. ddmilcan
15. Marilyn M.
16. Stewart M.
17. Shifty
18. djgolfcan

Catering menu to follow, when the wife gets it done. STR82ACE can vouch for the quality.

Address and directions will be PM'ed prior to the 16th.

SOLD OUT. Thanks, guys

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    STR82ACE can vouch for the quality.

drooling_homer.gif
  • Niiiiiice . . . wifey says thank you.
  • In! Gotta check out this new poker establishment....
  • I would, but I'll be married at that point, thus chained to the floor somewhere doing something.
  • Look, what you and the boss do behind closed doors is up to you . . . but spare us the sordid details, okay?

That said, pics or GTFO . . .
    Look, what you and the boss do behind closed doors is up to you . . . but spare us the sordid details, okay?

That said, pics or GTFO . . .
    Especially for those of us who forget what sordid details entails... Oh and yeh, pics or GTFO...
  • I would, but I'll be married at that point, thus chained to the floor somewhere doing something.

Listen to Walter's advise on this issue...consider it gospel!!

YouTube - ‪Marriage [Ball and Chain]‬‏
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Listen to Walter's advise on this issue...consider it gospel!!

YouTube - ‪Marriage [Ball and Chain]‬‏

He is coming to rama by the way;)

/derail.
  • Knew I could count on you, Philli . . .
  • Put me down as a maybe. I'll let you know sometime in the week.
  • Got you down as tentative . . .
  • In.

Add a T beside my name and I will confirm this week in case a waiting list develops. Had something come up on Saturday but hopefully I can still make it out.
  • No problem . . .
  • Milo...,

Would definitely love to attend but tentative for now pls.

Trying to clear schedule for that day and will let you know b4 the event.

Thx,

MC
  • Got it. Hope you, and the other (T)'s can make it out. Would love to see 2 tables going . . .
  • My caterer informs that the menu will be posted this weekend . . . should firm up a few of those (T)'s.
  • Can't make it. Next time for sure.
  • In, provided that I can get to the venue from Bramalea GO station. Taxi would be fine unless it costs more than the buyin. :)

Recommend that you arrange a loser table STT or cash table for those who bust out early (like me :) ).
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    in.

Wow, and you haven't even seen the menu yet . . . you get Icedog's seat.
    In, provided that I can get to the venue from Bramalea GO station. Taxi would be fine unless it costs more than the buyin. :)

Recommend that you arrange a loser table STT or cash table for those who bust out early (like me :) ).

Urm, please re-read the OP, and save the cab-fare. I appreciate your interest, and if we meet at the WSPC event, we might see you at the next one . . .
  • I re-read the OP and don't understand. Ching Hill Poker League doesn't show up on Google Maps. Please explain to me what the problem is.

EDIT: Was your post a conflict-avoidant way of saying that I'm not welcome because I'm too new on this forum and you don't know me? If so, that's okay, but it would be better if you actually said it.
  • EDIT: Was your post a conflict-avoidant way of saying that I'm not welcome because I'm too new on this forum and you don't know me? If so, that's okay, but it would be better if you actually said it.

This . . . consider it said. I do not want to offend, but events in the not too distant past have caused more than a few to re-think how they organize their games. As stated in the OP, I am trying to keep this limited to people I know, or have played with previously. If this limits my turn-out somewhat, I can live with that for the time being. Hopefully you can make it to the West Side event next month. To prove I am not just being a dick, I will even offer to play limo service from the Bramalea GO station to the WSPC location, in return for some gas $$$.

Also, your avatar looks vaguely familiar, but I cannot quite make out the text. Care to elaborate?
    To prove I am not just being a dick, I will even offer to play limo service from the Bramalea GO station to the WSPC location, in return for some gas $$$.

You are cruel sir!!! :D
  • Sssssshhhhhh . . . he's new.

Besides, the Cube is a comfy ride.
  • Milo, thanks for the clarification. I can completely understand your concerns about security. No offense taken at all, and none would have been taken even if you had been explicit the first time around.

Please help me, tho, to figure out which is the WSPC event. I'm happy to chip in for gas if it gets me there. (There is one event in New Hamburg I'm tentative for but don't have a ride for yet. Is that the one?)

EDIT: My avatar is a scan of Perry Rhodan #50, which I sold on ebay two years ago. :)
  • Please help me, tho, to figure out which is the WSPC event. I'm happy to chip in for gas if it gets me there. (There is one event in New Hamburg I'm tentative for but don't have a ride for yet. Is that the one?)
    Milo means the Westside event, Aug 13th. (West Side Poker Club)

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/double-dip-west-side-poker-club-25767/
  • Thanks for the clarification. Milo, kindly see my post in the WSPC thread.
  • As promised, here is the menu available for break after level 4.

Double baked, stuffed potatoes - Yukon Golds, baked, hulled, mixed with sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, chives and baked until golden

Pizza Strombolis - Rich pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and spicy pepperoni baked inside a golden pizza dough pocket

Deviled Eggs - Just what you would expect, but with a little curry and paprika to give it a twist

Pork Satay Skewers - Pork, marinated in a light Thai sauce, and BBQ'd

Red Velvet Cupcakes - Bite sized southern red velvet cupcakes, topped with a rich vanilla icing

Dessert Pizza - A sweet cream cheese base, topped with seasonal fruits, baked until the dough is golden brown.

Pop and ice for drinking, naturally, will be available when the doors open.