Fear the Bear Baby!!!!

Vancouver is so screwed!!!

1770352317.jpg

Comments

• Let's see, we had a war of attrition with some Hawks, dug in our heels to pummel some Predators and absolutely devoured some Sharks. Not too concerned about a few Bears.

Also, since we all love math, what's next in this pattern:

7, 6, 5, ???

1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round :D
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No.

Canucks in 5 prob
  • I have nothing against Boston in any way, it would actually be good for them to win with the season and injuries all that stuff....but if you would like to bet i will take vancouvers side...IMO boston HAS to field a full team to even have a chance including Marc Savard (who i think should never play again!) then Im still not sure, whats important from this is the leafs 1st round pick is going to play for the stanley cup!!! GO LEAFS GO! lol Phil Kessel is really worth it!
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No.
    Oh just shut up and pay up biatch! >:D
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Let's see, we had a war of attrition with some Hawks, dug in our heels to pummel some Predators and absolutely devoured some Sharks. Not too concerned about a few Bears.

Also, since we all love math, what's next in this pattern:

7, 6, 5, ???

1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round :D

I see the pattern being demolished in 6
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    Canucks in 5 prob
    No faith...such a sad thing to see happen to someone with a bit of potential. Truly sad
    getem76 wrote: »
    whats important from this is the leafs 1st round pick is going to play for the stanley cup!!! GO LEAFS GO! lol Phil Kessel is really worth it!

I'm sorry, this thread is about professional hockey. Please don't hijack it with lesser team trashtalk. Keep it professional and NO LEAFS NO!!

Now where the hell is Eric? Dude, need your support! Although I COULD take all these naysayers myself, would be nice to know I'm not alone.
  • My favourite Canadian team is the Habs. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO CANUCKS!
  • johnnieh wrote: »
    my favourite canadian team is the habs. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go canucks!

wagon jumper!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    wagon jumper!!!

AND HOW! :D

I don't follow the NHL religiously as some people but my I usually cheer for the Pens. They where the team of my childhood. Although as the years have gone by, my hatred for the Leafs has grown and I find myself wearing a Canadians shirt now. I know it's lame to have 2 favourite teams in the same conference, but that's the way it is.

I've been cheering for Vancouver in the West since the playoffs began. How uber-sick would it be for Luongo to hoist the Cup so soon after winning the Olympic Gold medal IN THE SAME CITY? Pretty cool.

That being said, I won't cry if Boston wins either. Any Original 6 team that wins before the Leafs is A-OK in my books. Even the Bruins :D
  • "I'm sorry, this thread is about professional hockey. Please don't hijack it with lesser team trashtalk. Keep it professional and NO LEAFS NO!!"

Now where the hell is Eric? Dude, need your support! Although I COULD take all these naysayers myself, would be nice to know I'm not alone.[/QUOTE]

ok this was more a joke slamming the leafs, but seems thats missed....none the less....back to what i asked, how much would you like to bet?? I will take Vancouver!! thats all, Im not slamming Boston at all, my point is what it is

for the record Im a HUGE leaf hater!!! Anytime they can look bad I will be there to laugh it up! My point was Tyler Segin plays, really whos pick was he??
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

I don't follow the NHL religiously as some people but my I usually cheer for the Pens. They where the team of my childhood. Although as the years have gone by, my hatred for the Leafs has grown and I find myself wearing a Canadians shirt now. I know it's lame to have 2 favourite teams in the same conference, but that's the way it is.

I've been cheering for Vancouver in the West since the playoffs began. How uber-sick would it be for Luongo to hoist the Cup so soon after winning the Olympic Gold medal IN THE SAME CITY? Pretty cool.

That being said, I won't cry if Boston wins either. Any Original 6 team that wins before the Leafs is A-OK in my books. Even the Bruins :D

The leafs are creeping up on 50 years!!! Fantastic stuff!
  • ps...Game 1 isn't until Wednesday? wtf?
  • Anyone who slams the Leafs is AOK in my book, so no offense meant or taken getem

As far as the request for a bet, since I'm up, I'll make a friendly wager of $20.
  • NHL needs to drag it out and make sure its no where near NBA, get all the money they can off a cup thats NOT 2 us teams to play for it, meanwhile I would think the ratings in Canada will be wild!!
  • wow. Just read that Boston hasn't won the Cup since '72? Only 5 years removed from the Leafs last Cup? That's just crazy.

Go Canucks :D
  • $20 done, Im good for it, say I lose I will leave in "kitchener?" or at some point I could zip out to an event at your place HA
  • getem76 wrote: »
    $20 done, Im good for it, say I leave I will leave in "kitchener?" or at some point I could zip out to an event at your place HA

I can 'hold' it. I will see you both this summer I'm sure.
  • truth is Boston will be fine, they have ANOTHER 2 1st rounders AGAIN (scary thought on a team making the cup!) they should win soon enough, even if they lose Marc Savard permanently...my belief isnt this year, but one year soon, the leafs??? minimum 5, thats how long it would take to fix what they have, its further out probably like 10-15
  • Yes, Boston's last Cup hoist was '72 and last finals series was 1990. WELL past due for it!! I've been a Bruins fan since birth...well, okay, since the Orr days anyway, and anyone who has entered my house knows immediately that I am. My season ends when their season ends, I follow nothing once they're out. Its great to be able to say my team is playing in June! :D

I can forward the $20 to Johnnie on P* to hold if you want getem.
  • Its all good either way, I would think I have enough people here I can trust and goes in the other direction too. Id perfer the physical bill whenever it comes/goes either way, thats the plan for me, probably get it to the middle man so to speak within a week...Boston's team will get better next year and the one after with the age of players a bit better (alot of youngins there!) the east looks to be getting slowly weaker to be honest, Habs should be ok for a bit yet (I think they kinda blew it honestly, they should have kept the foot on the gas! and Bostons throat) Washington is shortly going to fall off the radar, Philly needs a goalie badly!, the pens are really the only other team that will get better as they age! none the less, Boston have very few UFA's, alot of RFA kinda things but thats just more to fleece other teams with LOL
  • I will pay the winner $20, and the loser (hopefully AJ :D ) can pay me $20 whenever.
  • so then one more time, GO LEAFS GO!!...I find great humor in tyler Segin playing for the stanley cup, not like he was going to take the leafs there....but really if the bruins keep kessel, they might NOT have got past tampa...just IMO
    My favourite Canadian team is the Habs. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO CANUCKS!

This.

I did not know this - you must have been jealous when I was in Detroit for game 7 </BRAG>

Anyways, it's the playoffs, it's the finals. Anything can happen. I would like to say this is going to be an interesting series, but I am afraid that this will be more like the Vancouver vs. Nashville series

And getem76 - Bruins only have 1 first round pick left this year since they have the Leafs' first and the Leafs have Bruins' first. It's the Leafs that has 2 1sts but they're both going to be late first with one being from Philly and 1 from Boston.
  • ah, my mistake westside, thanks....but I will still take the leaf pick!! early enough in draft to have ended up RIPPED off again!

haha, makes them entertaining
  • Go canucks go!
  • All the Boston Pizza restaurants in the Vancouver area are temporarily renaming themselves 'Vancouver Pizza' Pretty cool.
  • And being from BC, we can play for game tickets on playnow.com... hell of an ROI for these tickets at a 10 buck buy in!
  • I would like to make it known that I am whole heartedly cheering for the BRUINS - even though they robbed us leafers in the Kessel deal (payback in Kaberle deal makes it a bit better though).

It makes me sick that all these people jump on the Vancouver bandwagon (or any other canadian team - edm anyone?) for the year that they go deep, then forget about them the following year.

Boston Pizza in BC changing their name is gunna look great when Timmy Thomas is skating around their rink with Lord Stanley above his head!
  • reibs wrote: »
    I would like to make it known that I am whole heartedly cheering for the BRUINS

WELCOME! Nice to see a friendly face here
    reibs wrote: »
    It makes me sick that all these people jump on the Vancouver bandwagon (or any other canadian team - edm anyone?) for the year that they go deep, then forget about them the following year.

THIS!! Pick a team and stick with them forever. If your team is out, suck it up and pray for next year!!
    reibs wrote: »
    Boston Pizza in BC changing their name is gunna look great when Timmy Thomas is skating around their rink with Lord Stanley above his head!

Oh this would be fun!!
  • Whenever the Olympics have been in a Canadian City, that city has won the Stanley Cup the following year.

1976 - Montreal Summer Games - 1977 Canadiens win Cup
    1988 - Calgary Winter Games - 1989 Calgary Flames win cup
    2010 - Vancouver Winter Games - 2011 ??