Brampton No Limit Poker Tournament May 29th $50.00

Brampton
Sunday May 29th, 1pm
No-Limit Texas Holdem Poker Tournament (Freezeout)
Maximum 40 players, top 4 payout.
1st $1000.00 ($2000.00 prize pool)
$50.00 3000 starting chips (all money to the prize pool)
+ $10.00 option extra 2000 chips to cover expenses. (food,drinks,tables,website etc)
Hot Dinner buffet and drinks included
Door prizes with every entry into tournament
Register by PM or e-mail to rodney004@msn.com
or also sign up at:
No-Limit Poker Tournament Freezeout - The Brampton North Poker Group (Brampton, ON) - Meetup

@ means coming for sure, if not please let me know in advance because it has to get cut off soon. Maybe 40-45.

8.HighFlyer ............

25.Drew +3 (interested)
26.+1

32. Darren

37.Paul Mac
38.Steve
39.Greg
40.Bon

Comments

• Rodney, can you give us an idea of the blind structure etc?
  • Meet-up site says it using a WSOP structure . . . I'm assuming for one of the smaller buy-in tourneys

Any other Forum (or Ching Hill types) want to go? I think I may give it a look.
  • Think I may as well...
  • Thanks for your support guys.

This poker event will be run weekly on Sundays.

We will be running the W.S.O.P. structure, I looked at the $1000 event and it looks fine to me, if there is no complaints we will go with that.

Also I have experience in running slo-pitch tournaments with between 12 and 40 teams
    when I lived in Cambridge and they went smooth so I cant see why this shouldn't if anyone has any doubts.

There will be a hot dinner served Beef or chicken with snacks and pop or water.

Lets get 34 players and make this a weekly event!

Cheers Rodney
    (GO CANUCKS)
  • I'm interested but can't make it but I will the following Sunday.

What main intersection is this tourny happening? I'm hoping its not too far from my place.
  • Might be interested enough to make an appearance myself. Have to check with the warden and find out what else is happening first though.

HotRod004 wrote: »
    (GO CANUCKS)

That's enough right there to put me on tilt!

BRUINS FTW!!
  • If I may suggest...keep/show a running list of who's coming
  • Athenaios wrote: »
    If I may suggest...keep/show a running list of who's coming

+1, and just realized, I won't be able to make it on the 29th as I am in St Thomas for a baseball tournament that weekend. However will definitely make future ones. One thing you may want to consider is not having it weekly, may be a little too much. Remember the old Orangeville league? When it went weekly it really started to hurt the attendance. +1 on your efforts though, would love to get a regular Sunday tourney going. I really miss the Sunday Orangeville one.

Oh, and why 34 for max attendance? Seems like an odd number.
  • LOL yes its a odd number but I have room for 3 8s' and a 10player. Orangeville had 60+ players this isn't as big so not as hard. And its more central for everyone.
  • HotRod004 wrote: »
    LOL yes its a odd number but I have room for 3 8s' and a 10player. Orangeville had 60+ players this isn't as big so not as hard. And its more central for everyone.

You'd be much better off squeezing 9 on 4 tables and limiting to 36 players. Balances all the tables a lot better and easier to merge when the time comes.

BTW...will there be a computerized blind clock running like Tournament Director or some other program? If so, the new TD will flag you who, when, and where to move players.
  • Yes there will be a laptop or Ipod running for the clock.

I may be able to squeeze 5 8 players tables if need be.

There is a list of names on meetup .com
    No-Limit Poker Tournament Freezeout - The Brampton North Poker Group (Brampton, ON) - Meetup

Compuease what SS team are you on? Sorry but most teams are knocked out sunday morning!

The intersection is Torbram/Countryside its the border of Brampton/Caledon by Airport road.

Cheers Rodney
  • HotRod004 wrote: »
    Compuease what SS team are you on? Sorry but most teams are knocked out sunday morning!
    Cheers Rodney
    hehe, I retired a couple of years ago... This is a rep team one of my grandsons plays for... And you are right, if they get knocked out and I can make I will be there but I wouldn't know until Sun am. Hope this takes off and I will do my best to support and get you players. Sundays is a great day for tournaments imo...
  • I started a new thread in the off topic section to play on June 11th,12th.
    Its in Kitchener, maybe we can get enough guys and play slo-pitch and Buzzards HPT event the same day! Just a thought.

Rod
  • STR82ACE, if you're going, carpool?
  • You ever here the joke about the
    Newfie (Srt82Ace) and Cape Bretoner (me)?

Nevermind........
  • Milo wrote: »
    STR82ACE, if you're going, carpool?

Will let you know.
    HotRod004 wrote: »
    You ever here the joke about the
    Newfie (Srt82Ace) and Cape Bretoner (me)?

Nevermind........

Ain't no joke. Cape Bretoner's ARE Newfies with the shit kicked out of them!
    :D
  • I am interested in coming, put me down as tentative for now and I will confirm next week.
  • Will do, thanks.

Rod
  • Seniors Match play qualifiers

Time and location -good in the future

Milton Slim
  • Seems like chinghill not in chinghill.

OK.

List me plz.
  • I was just going to post this. Thx, Wetts . . .

Ching Hill North, lets call it. Only problem is, as we're all newcomers, who gets the win?
  • Your in Wetts! Thanks

I put up a list on page one, it would be great if we get 32 players.

Doing door prizes also, I have 3 travel bags to give away.

Cheers
  • Please add me and send me some directions

Thanks
  • Address is available through the link in th OP . . .
  • SMEKN ur down, lookin good!! Cheers
  • In, please pm me address
  • jbird8306 wrote: »
    In, please pm me address

Link in OP . . . sheesh, this will be like old home week. Str82Ace, will our finishes count for points?
  • OK Jbird Ur good to go! Cheers

JBIRD check out this link let me know if ur available !

I know yiou can play, we played together before a few years back.

Rod

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/slo-pitch-tournament-kitchener-june-11-12-a-25442/
  • another 2 more added!

Shaping up to be a great event, byob and we will serve up the food.

Nice comfortable location, If your thinking about coming out just give me a heads up early so we can prepare better.

This is the first event here but expect more on Sundays.

No football, hockey is almost over, what else are you going to do on Sunday afternoon?

Most likely its going to rain anyway so don't plan on going to the beach! lol

E-mail me at rodney004@msn.com to register....

Cheers Rodney