GG Bin Laden?

13»

Comments

• HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    NO! He is not a true Canadian as far as I am concerned. Not even sure if he was born here to be honest. Canadians don't go to Afghanistan and toss grenades at their allies intending to kill them.

Give him a parachute and drop him off in the wilderness of Afghanistan and let God decide what happens to him.

It's bad enough that we have to pay for guys like Bernardo, Picton, Williams and that other steaming pant load Olsen. We don't need to start loading up our jails with people like this. Bad enough with the scum I mentioned above.

You know HVEE, you seem to totally believe the US side of this story. Have you read anything other than the "official" US version of this? It really appears to me that he was a 15 year old boy "soldier" and I'm not even sure he was that really. He was in a compound with other Afgahni's who more than likely were anti US however it was the US forces who attacked and he didn't "sneak" up and throw a grenade into "innocent" parties. It appears even from the American version that he had already been wounded and was fighting for his life. There is no comparison to this and him attacking US citizens in a neutral place.
    I'm sure if he had been tried shortly after the incident and not tortured and interrogated by who knows what means for months at a time he probably could have learned to be a usefull member of society. However now we (or the American authorities at least) have turned him into a bitter revenge planning young man who would be dangerous to be allowed freedom. And who is at fault for this? Remember you are talking about a 15 year old in a very dangerous and frightening situation like nothing we could even imagine.
    What would you have done in his situation? And be honest... No more rhetoric... You can't possibly compare him to those other Canadian monsters you mentioned.
    800OVER wrote: »
    HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I don't like the young offenders act either. I think it's the biggest Joke and a total embarrassment to our society.
    Falsehoods my ass.

Lucky you!

They replaced the YOA!!!

In 2003.

Mark
  • Well, they renamed it . . .

j/k relax.
  • And to think I never even considered putting Fed on ignore......

Congrats HVEE, you cracked me.

This message is hidden because HVEEPOKER is on your ignore list.

Heaven......I'm in Heaven
  • And to think I never even considered putting Fed on ignore......

Congrats HVEE, you cracked me.

This message is hidden because HVEEPOKER is on your ignore list.

Heaven......I'm in Heaven

Harsh Mole harsh... At least he isn't attacking anyone...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Harsh Mole harsh... At least he isn't attacking anyone...

idk, I wouldnt blame anyone for it.

The fact that he made an indirect notion that one must be born in Canada to be Canadian may offend someone that is married to, I dont know, someone not born in Canada.

/thread derail.

Plz continue.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    idk, I wouldnt blame anyone for it.

The fact that he made an indirect notion that one must be born in Canada to be Canadian may offend someone that is married to, I dont know, someone not born in Canada.

/thread derail.

Plz continue.

What WAS this thread about anyways? :)
    What WAS this thread about anyways? :)

In general? Stupid people espousing their opinions, and being wrong.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    In general? Stupid people espousing their opinions, and being wrong.

Mark

I didn't think I was THAT stupid...
    You know HVEE, you seem to totally believe the US side of this story. Have you read anything other than the "official" US version of this? It really appears to me that he was a 15 year old boy "soldier" and I'm not even sure he was that really. He was in a compound with other Afgahni's who more than likely were anti US however it was the US forces who attacked and he didn't "sneak" up and throw a grenade into "innocent" parties. It appears even from the American version that he had already been wounded and was fighting for his life. There is no comparison to this and him attacking US citizens in a neutral place.
    I'm sure if he had been tried shortly after the incident and not tortured and interrogated by who knows what means for months at a time he probably could have learned to be a usefull member of society. However now we (or the American authorities at least) have turned him into a bitter revenge planning young man who would be dangerous to be allowed freedom. And who is at fault for this? Remember you are talking about a 15 year old in a very dangerous and frightening situation like nothing we could even imagine.
    What would you have done in his situation? And be honest... No more rhetoric... You can't possibly compare him to those other Canadian monsters you mentioned.

All I said comp was that we should not have to foot the bill for him...
  • As far as believing everything that the US tells us, Well I don't. As a matter of fact considering how many times the story in regards to raid and Killing of Bin laden has changed in the last 5 days I am more likely to believe less.
    All I said comp was that we should not have to foot the bill for him...

You said a bit more, Ron, but no matter. As for footing the bill for a citizen, that is part and parcel of what being a citizen entails . . . and it goes both ways. We have certain responsibilities as citzens and, in turn, the government has certain obligations to us in return. You do not get one without the other.