Repercussions?

13»

Comments

• Here's one I didn't think about...

Victory poker doesn't even barely get off the ground (are they actually running?) and most of their market goes bye bye...therefor no funding for sponsored players...

jus' saying....
  • Dennis! You fear monger! Victory has the most well known player North of Toronto on the ground here in Canada already in place.
    Not to mention strong ties with the CPT and their stranglehold
    If anyone is positioned in the new market place to reap in new players.....

:bs::bs::bs:
  • jontm wrote: »
    Dennis! You fear monger! Victory has the most well known player North of Toronto on the ground here in Canada already in place.

:bs::bs::bs:

:confused: WUT.
  • jontm wrote: »
    Dennis! You fear monger! Victory has the most well known player North of Toronto on the ground here in Canada already in place.
    :

Yeah but now theyre stuck on the crappy cake poker network which nobody in Canada should be playing on anyways since there are so many better options.
  • There is a thread on 2+2. American players in the Northern States are now planning on renting places just across the border so they can continue playing
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    :confused: WUT.

Just having fun. Acetenbomber is a Victory rep of sorts having gained the most votes for his video in a contest that is offering a 100k sponsorship but months after it was scheduled hasn't kicked off yet, we are hearing May but that was before black Friday. IMO this will only help him, as one of the wild card qualifiers has huge connections and a massive american network, which is now worth dirt in the grand scheme of things...if they continue with this that is, great "reason" to cancel

Canadian Poker Tour or more specifically Heads Up Entertainment has connections with Victory, Cake and Party pretty sure they all have stocks in each other, good as time as any to try to band together, but either than Party, I am being a tad sarcastic as to how much pull they all could have. Victory and Cake won't be able to take US much longer and the Canadian Market that is actually convertible as long as the big three are around is pretty small

I have more faith in Betfair and BSPT and believe you me I say that lightly...
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    uh, not possible, unless they get citizenship.

You need to verify your accounts to cashout.

You need ID to verify your accounts.

You need citizenship to get ID.

LOL indeed.

You don't have to be a citizen to get ID. My lord. Is it unpossible to buy/rent vacation homes in other countries? Utility bills in your name, showing your Canadian address - done. You realize if you are a licenced driver in the US, you simply have to show proper ID in Ontario and you can get an Ontario Licence - gov't issued photo ID - done. You don't have to prove citizenship for any of that.

Anyways I'm with Comp. I highly doubt these online sites keep cash on hand to pay out every balance. I mean Canadian banks are required to keep a cash reserve of zero so do you think an online gambling site is going to keep dollar for dollar - no way. With the US accounts frozen every site has to be severely short of cash - hence already the delays reported here in people cashing out - what used to be hours for Stars has now turned into days. All it will take is a whiff of news of a site being unable to cash people out and there will be a run on accounts like hasn't been seen since the '30s. Most of these places have to be teetering.
  • The ones I play (PLO) are decimated.

Stars $33 PLO at 8:30MST, from 2K to 750 (went to reg at 8:45 last night, tourney was not there?, but it's on the schedule for tonight, but with only 750 gtd, not sure it's worth it)

Stars $22+R PLO at 6:05MST, from 4K to 2K

FTP $26 PLO at 7:15MST, from 5K to 2K (played this last night, there were 70 runners, normally well over 200...at least there was an overlay)

I think the same for the holdem, noticed the fiddy fiddy is now a fiddy 12.5K

Morning schedules seem to be the least affected due to the Euro schedule I imagine.

My overall thoughts are: this phuckin sux

I think the play will be alot worse without the yanks, my Party Poker ROI is where I'm getting that info, so it's not all bad, just mostly.
  • Received my cashout in instadebit this morning. delays are to be expected given the high volume of cashouts over the weekend, but our money is safe imo.
  • moose wrote: »

That's funny. It was uploaded in 2008 and has now come to pass.
  • Whats even funnier is that some of the video versions of this say courtesy of FleetStreet games, who went under, started bouncing checks and then had their dept and database bought up by PokerStars....
  • Incredibly funny video. Loved the last line "Thanks for keeping the neighbourhood safe!"
  • Those $12 180 man turbos takes forever for a new one to start now. Before it would take about 5-10 mins for one to fill, now its a good 15-20 minutes before 1 fills. Registered for a $36 one, and it never even came close to filling the entire night.
  • More Stuff.

ESPN is removing all advertising and poker programming pending review.
    NAPT not to air tonight and most likely cancelled in the US.

Pstars Million dollar game and Big Game have been cancelled.
    PAD and HSP will likely be gone also.

On a better note 2011 WSOP will air on ESPN Circuit events will on Venus.

You may not see any patches at WSOP along with advertising from any of the online companies.
    I noticed PStars advertising had been removed from the boards at HSBC arena in Barffalo during the game tonight.

IT'S ARMAGEDDON FOLKS. :o
    More Stuff.

ESPN is removing all advertising and poker programming pending review.
    NAPT not to air tonight and most likely cancelled in the US.

Pstars Million dollar game and Big Game have been cancelled.
    PAD and HSP will likely be gone also.

On a better note 2011 WSOP will air on ESPN Circuit events will on Venus.

You may not see any patches at WSOP along with advertising from any of the online companies.
    I noticed PStars advertising had been removed from the boards at HSBC arena in Barffalo during the game tonight.

IT'S ARMAGEDDON FOLKS. :o

Wow, that's pretty saick. Next their gonna spread the word that poker never existed, 1984 style
  • There is a little more I have gathered.

WSOP now figures (not sure about the number) 20 to 30 % or could be more than 30 % less players at the WSOP Main event.
    Patched pros entry fees in most cases were covered by the site they are sponsored by. Or a good portion.
    Someone has gone as far to say it may be around the same # prior to The time when Chris Moneymaker won his title.

Take this into consideration. US whiz kids who normally qualify on line will not be able to do so.

Take this into consideration. US whiz kids who normally qualify on line will not be able to do so.

Some will.
  • Dear HVEE,

Everything you read on 2p2 is not truth.
  • The reason the Stars hoardings were removed is simple. They want to sell that space to someone who will actually be able to pay them for it. Stars can't. At least, not as of last Friday. It isn't the Feds, it's just business.

And moose, I thought banks still had to keep a reserve on hand. I know it switched to a percentage amount when the US went off the Gold standard years ago, but I had not heard that it dropped to zero. You certain of that?
  • Milo wrote: »
    The reason the Stars hoardings were removed is simple. They want to sell that space to someone who will actually be able to pay them for it. Stars can't. At least, not as of last Friday. It isn't the Feds, it's just business.

And you don't think stars is making enough from non US players for this not to be a problem?
  • Just to look at things a little different.

WSOPE may just be overrun with the pros now. I can see it happening as the big 3 will no longer be able to or have no reason to advertise in the US.
    Maybe overrun is the wrong word. Let's say a lot bigger.

On Line last night at midnight.
    Tilt had 46000 plus Stars 165000 + players.
    The other thing I was thinking about a little while ago as the walking boss and I were talking about all of this.
    We really have not heard anything from any of the three companies.
    I think 3 or 4 people have been arrested now 1 turned himself in yesterday.

My take now is that the rest are sitting quite compfy in a country( or countries ) that the US has no hope in hell of getting them out of.
    If they wanted to regain some of their so called credibility why not come back to the US and fight the charges against them.
    I think Tilt is going to fall soon and I have seen some stories on the webz now that France and Spain are considering giving all 3 the boot. At least they are looking into it. It makes sense that the US allies would eventually follow suit
    Yesterday AP decided it was going to finally leave the US market , Not sure if they have yet or not.
    Victory poker has already done so.
    Also saw a story 888 bwin and party are now lining up for licenses to operate in the US when on Line poker is finally legalized.
    Stars ,Tilt and AB are totally phuked . Us players are pissed at the government and pissed cause they are not getting their money.
    If I lived in the states I think I would be more pissed at the Poker sites than anything else.

Stars I believe will pay out their players, Not sure about tilt. Something inside me says they may screw the players cause it's over for them.
    AP or UB to be honest lost any credibility with the cheating scandal and the fact they took US players money for the last 3 or 4 days just says . YOU'RE BEAT. I really don't think anyone is going to see a cent from them.

I can see Negreanu moving to Europe and getting out of Vegas. I don't think he will come back here.
    Way more tourneys in England and Spain , EPT and Pacific Rim.
    Just some thoughts and speculation.:)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Dear HVEE,

Everything you read on 2p2 is not truth.
    I know this Wetts. I do watch the news and read newspapers you know. lol
    I can see Negreanu moving to Europe and getting out of Vegas. I don't think he will come back here.
    Way more tourneys in England and Spain , EPT and Pacific Rim.
    Just some thoughts and speculation.:)

Because he plays so much online........
  • Milo wrote: »
    The reason the Stars hoardings were removed is simple. They want to sell that space to someone who will actually be able to pay them for it. Stars can't. At least, not as of last Friday. It isn't the Feds, it's just business.

And moose, I thought banks still had to keep a reserve on hand. I know it switched to a percentage amount when the US went off the Gold standard years ago, but I had not heard that it dropped to zero. You certain of that?

When Moose mentioned that, I actually looked it up. As far as I remember, they dumped that legislation in 1992 or something like that. You are correct there used to be a percentage that had to remain 'on deposit', but I think that is no longer the case.
  • Another Item I saw today. On Friday Morning the total combined worth of the big 3 was pegged at over 30 BILLION!:o

After the seizure around 15 Billion :D
  • That is a tidy tax write-off for someone . . . assuming Bubba stops the train long enough for them to file from the clink.
  • Daniel Negreanu: Went to his blog to see if he had anything to contribute .
    He has been asked I gather by Stars not to comment.

Just talking about playing a very slow game at the Aria, Golf etc

He is going to Spain to play at the EPT finals in Madrid and then will return for the WSOP.
    He is also expecting the field for the Main Event to probably return to 2004 levels , around 3000 runners.
  • Bank of Canada Act 1992

It surprised me too. I looked for it because I was going to quote the percentage, then found it was zero anyways.

BTW fun little email today - moneybookers nuked my $6k cheque. Says I have to link a bank accnt. Interesting.