Want your PC fixed for free?

Ok, I'm bored and I would like to fine tune my skills at fixing pc's remotely... For regulars on here I will do this for free for the first few...
If your pc is running slow or sluggish, getting popups, your web browser is being highjacked, etc, very likely I can fix it from my easy chair. All it requires is that it can access the web at least slowly and your ok for me to take over control while you watch. We can be on the phone together while I work on it and I can call anywhere in NA for free. I have already done this a few times before for some of my regular clients and 1 person on here, wildbill...
If you would like to give it a try, let me know.... Anyone want their pc fixed tonight?

Comments

• I'm Wildbill7145 and I endorse this man's skills and integrity.

lol @ skills...... oh wait, you don't mean at the pokerzzz...
  • might take you up on this comp if you're available later on the week
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    might take you up on this comp if you're available later on the week

Sure, most evenings...
  • +1. I'll talk it over with the wifey first . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    +1. I'll talk it over with the wifey first . . .

Is she your tech support?
  • fix me fix me
  • Hey Jeff

Pretty sure mine's running pretty well overall, but a tune up isn't bad if you want to take a crack!

Mark
  • moose wrote: »
    fix me fix me
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey Jeff

Pretty sure mine's running pretty well overall, but a tune up isn't bad if you want to take a crack!

Mark

Do you want to call me or I call you. PM me your number and when you want to give it a try if you like.
    fix me fix me

You sir are FUBAR'd.

He was bluffing you. :D
  • Phone calls?

MSN / Skype FTW!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Phone calls?

MSN / Skype FTW!

Mark
    Problem is I likely will have to reboot your pc more than once and then lose control and we need phone convo for that. Or do you have a 2nd pc? Then we could use it for MSN or skype...
  • Mon night work?
    Mon night work?

Sure, I just finished with Mark, his wasn't too bad at all... Expected to see lots of pron... :( disappointed...
  • I've got a lap top running slower than molasses in January.
  • I've got a lap top running slower than molasses in January.

Want me to give it a try tonight? If so, pm me your phone number and be sitting in front of the laptop with it connected to the internet.
  • Definitely in on this. Possibly Tuesday night. Will let you know.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Definitely in on this. Possibly Tuesday night. Will let you know.
    Sure, just let me know. Remember it needs to at least power on and be able to access the net.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Want me to give it a try tonight? If so, pm me your phone number and be sitting in front of the laptop with it connected to the internet.

Yeah sure. I can play the forum game on my desktop. It won't hinder my intense poker concentration too much will it?

PM on it's way.
  • Thanks Jeff. Had my wife take a look since she's uses the laptop more than me and she thought it was noticeably quicker. Now I just need to find out why our internet is running the speed of snails.

Sorry it took so long but thanks a bunch.
  • Thanks Jeff. Had my wife take a look since she's uses the laptop more than me and she thought it was noticeably quicker. Now I just need to find out why our internet is running the speed of snails.

Sorry it took so long but thanks a bunch.
    No problem, your raw internet speed is definitely very low but if you are moving soon then it may not be worth it. Now if the laptop is still not running as fast as it was originally then the next thing would be to back up the data and reload from scratch...
  • this will tell you if its your connection or your computer....

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    Sure, just let me know. Remember it needs to at least power on and be able to access the net.

It's the one I'm on right now. Doesn't seem like it's a terrible lagger, but it takes a while to boot up.
  • Jeff, let me know when you have a bunch of time. I'd like to see if you can do anything with my ancient PC. It's really FUBARed. It hardly runs any programs and is super slow.
  • IN. Any night but Thursday. PM and we'll arrange a time.

Thanks Jeff. Been getting crazy popups, ESPECIALLY from this forum, but also from others. Constant warnings, driving me insane.
  • darbday wrote: »
    this will tell you if its your connection or your computer....

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Exactly what I use and recommend... The thing about this test is, it doesn't matter what condition your pc is in. As long as it connects to the net the test is accurate. A 5 year old pc and a brand new one will get the same readings. With results from this test you can hammer your ISP for better speed.
  • lol, getting lots of responses to this, maybe I'll have to hire an assistant....
    I will get to all of you this week, tonight may be difficult as I have my Monday night poker but if I'm out early (likely) we can fit 1 or 2 in. Anybody available during the day?
    Exactly what I use and recommend... The thing about this test is, it doesn't matter what condition your pc is in. As long as it connects to the net the test is accurate. A 5 year old pc and a brand new one will get the same readings. With results from this test you can hammer your ISP for better speed.

What kind of numbers should we be looking for on this site??

Not sure how/if this is related, but I just recently bought a new wireless router (old one was ancient and pretty sure on its last life), and have been having large issues with it dropping signal. Completely random too. I had next to no issues 4 tabling this past weekend, but other nights I get disconnected every two hands....For just enough time to fold my hand each time... Quite tilting.

I do not have a large house, and signal only goes from 2nd to main floor/basement sometimes. I turned off the settings that auto put it into power save mode according to numerous threads. Still having the problem. I do have wireless home phones in the house, so maybe interference? I have no clue with this stuff though.

Dunno if you can solve this issue or not, but let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks
  • reibs wrote: »
    What kind of numbers should we be looking for on this site??

Not sure how/if this is related, but I just recently bought a new wireless router (old one was ancient and pretty sure on its last life), and have been having large issues with it dropping signal. Completely random too. I had next to no issues 4 tabling this past weekend, but other nights I get disconnected every two hands....For just enough time to fold my hand each time... Quite tilting.

I do not have a large house, and signal only goes from 2nd to main floor/basement sometimes. I turned off the settings that auto put it into power save mode according to numerous threads. Still having the problem. I do have wireless home phones in the house, so maybe interference? I have no clue with this stuff though.

Dunno if you can solve this issue or not, but let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

start by connecting a computer directly to the router to see if the problem persists....