The Official CRAPS Discussion thread

124»

Comments

• Very important changes to the craps system. Always take an even number of odds is your point is 5/9.

I changed it so that you're betting $16 odds rather than $15 odds if the point is 5 or 9.
    This is very important at places that don't pay off the breakage with .50 chips. Also take $126 odds if you're making a place bet of $25 and the point is 5/9.

Now the system reads.

Modified 13cards system Version 2.0
    for playing at places like Brantford ($100max bet +$500 odds bet).

Make a $5 pass/come bet and take $15 odds if the point is 4,6,8 or 10(or max odds) Take $16 odds (or max odds) if the point is 5 or 9 (or max odds)
    When it hits, take the $. You are now freerollin', even if your Bet loses.
    Make another $5 pass/come bet and take $15 odds if the point is 4,6,8 or 10(or max odds) Take $16 odds if the point is 5 or 9 (or max odds)
    When it hits again, PRESS (which means "double") $6 come/pass bet, with $30 odds
    When it hits again, PARLAY (which means "add it all and let it ride") to $12 Come/pass bet with $60 odds.

When it hits again, GO TO (which means "make the bet look like") ($25 Come/pass then take $125 odds) Take $126 odds if the point is 5/9.
    When it hits, PRESS to ($50 come/pass , $250 odds).
    When it hits, PRESS to ($100 come/pass, $500 odds). .
    When it hits, REDUCE to ($50 come/pass , $250 odds).
    After that, just add another $100 come bet with full odds every time until you cover all the numbers at Table Max. $3600 down.

If the point is 5 or 9 you can round your odds up to an even number if your pass/come bet was an odd number. This gives your slightly better than 5x odds.

Remember to always round your odds up to an even number is the point is 5 or 9 and your pass/come bet was an odd number.
  • I modified the system to use if you're not comfortable with betting $25 pass with $125 odds.

Now the max it gets up to is $15 pass/come with $75 odds ($76 odds if the point is 5/9). Also you odds bet is an even number if the point is 5/9.

What do you think?

Modified 13cards system Version 3.0
    for playing at places like Brantford ($100max bet +$500 odds bet).

Make a $5 pass/come bet and take $15 odds if the point is 4,6,8 or 10(or max odds) Take $16 odds if the point is 5 or 9 (or max odds $26)
    When it hits, take the $. You are now freerollin', even if your Bet loses.
    Make another $5 pass/come bet and take $15 odds if the point is 4,6,8 or 10(or max odds) Take $16 odds if the point is 5 or 9 (or max odds $26)
    When it hits again, PRESS (which means "double") $6 come/pass bet, with $30 odds
    When it hits again, GO TO (which means "make the bet look like") to $8 Come/pass bet with $40 odds.

When it hits again, GO TO (which means "make the bet look like") ($10 Come/pass then take $50 odds).
    When it hits, Go To to ($12 come/pass , $60 odds).
    When it hits, Go To to ($15 come/pass, $75 odds). $76 odds if the point is 5/9 .
    When it hits, REDUCE to ($12 come/pass , $60 odds).
    After that, just add another $15 come bet with full odds($75) ($76 odds if the point is 5/9) every time until you cover all the numbers at Table Max.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ok after at least 50 rolls - it's tough. The main problem is that to get a point you have to roll it first and then hit it again. If you place a point, you only have to hit it once to break even. You could just play a pass line but then you are expecting the shooter to make 7 points - really tough. I tried playing a pass line bet and two come bets but since you keep rolling the winnings into larger bets it's tough to get ahead of the initial outlay.

Will keep trying, though I've gotten to the $50 flat and $250 behind only a couple times and never hit.

Although I did play today at Brantford, playing 2-3 points at a time. After a brutal orbit of every player making a point and immediately sevening out - the dice finally make it back to me. I put my last $100 in so that I can make some bets - grit my teeth and resolve to bet everything until I am down to the felt (-$400). Well I make 4 points - 4, 5,6, 10 which pays the fire bet and come out on the 9 for a 5th point but alas don't make that one, which I think paid 250 to 1 or something. I don't make fire bets but a few people made money on the 4 pointer and everyone was very happy after such a brutal orbit, especially with making 4 easy and hard 10.

Started with the 5/25 then 6/30 and 12/60. Didn't have the balls to go to 25/125, which would have hit on the last point of 10 and I did make the 12/60 a couple times on a few numbers so it was a great roll. So I rolled my last hundo into $540 and cashed out a purple. My first BCC purple! I so love craps.

Very cool Moose!!

I put some more thought into the system and improved it a lot, see my version 2.0 and version 3.0.
    Strangely enough I just came from my basement where I had a 7 point roll, so I finally did hit a 100/500 and reduced to 50/250. Profit on that roll was 1266. So after 105 rolls I am up +85 on this system.

However in that time I also hit a $600 placed 6 or 8 three times. So on my biggest two rolls out of that 105 rolls the tally is:

13cards............. Reef
    1150 (approx)..... 1266
    1880.................. 376 (remember the dice determine what number you play under the Reef system and by luck my money kept landing on other numbers and then subsequently I would hit the 6 or 8 instead, which was placed by the 13cards system and would always win)

Now I haven't been tracking the net of the 13cards system but so far using 13cards' system it just seems easier to hit and the big rolls so far are more profitable.

I'll probably play this system up to 200 rolls or so and see how it goes.

Neat!

If you're going to trial the system...

Please trial my version 2.0 or 3.0 system that is improved by always betting an even number on the odds when point is 5/9.
  • I was just automatically making bets of 5/20, 5/26, 6/30, 12/60 anyways for 5 and 9.
  • da best craps strategy is follo someone whos rollin hot
  • At BCC again tonight.....pretty much every roll was get the number and roll a 7. I hate nights like that! lol
  • thread resurrection,

played craps for the first time last night. Have always wanted to play because it looks so fun even though I know the house wins over time. As Moose said early in the thread the social factor is huge.

Won 200 playing 1/2 at Niagara and my buddy wanted to hit fallsview for some slots. Watched the craps table for about 1/2 hour where a guy had about 1k in front of him and was playing well for a while. I asked one of the table guys a few questions (table wasn't busy with betting so it wasn't too big a deal) and got a feel for it. So the bettor is placing pass bets, then after roll out starts putting bets on 5 and 9, then hard 6,8,10. From what I've seen the 5/9 are -EV compared to the 6/8. Anyway, he goes on a bit of a down swing and I throw $100 on the table.

The bettor is about to leave and the dealer informs him it's my first time playing so he might want to stay. I went on a heck of a run. I didn't take max odds which is incredibly stupid I know now (I would have been up a tonne) but was playing like a nit.

I followed the 5/9 bets but not the hard bets as I didn't think the odds made sense to be profitable. I just quickly ran it in my head and it didn't seem right.

so with this silly strategy ($10 Pass, then 10 on the odds, with 10 each on 5 and 9) I just kept tossing fives and nines and hit my number a few times. When I finally seven-ed out I was up $130. Bettor dude was up quite a bit.......if only I'd bet max odds. I hit it twice I think before the seven out but rolled a seven out the gate after both.

So all in all a fun time and now armed with the Reef/13Cards/Moose knowledge trust from above I shall try to at least make sure I'm giving myself the most time with my cash while having a tonne of fun.
  • Hard ways (or any of the middle bets) are the worse bet on the table by a mile.

Congrats on logging your first winning session. Craps can be a real swingy game if you play it get the lowest house edge.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »

The bettor is about to leave and the dealer informs him it's my first time playing so he might want to stay. I went on a heck of a run. I didn't take max odds which is incredibly stupid I know now (I would have been up a tonne) but was playing like a nit.

Virgin shooters are gold - especially women.
    Virgin shooters are gold - especially women.

hey who you calling a virgin. I gots plenty of action under ma belt.....(just not at the craps tables) Must be the long hair messing up the poker gods and giving me a good first run out......but the beard should have given it away

I read on Wizard of Odds that they usually don't like to bet on Male first timers but love when women are noobs. Something about despising virginity in men and valuing it in women. one of the strangest things I've read about gambling......besides the germans thinking the last player in BlackJack must always play "correctly" or they mess it up for the whole table.
  • well thanks to this thread I played my first session of craps last night at bcc. Annnnnnnnd I'm hooked! :)

I didn't roll well at all, but I was taking advantage of the guys who were. Finished up a whopping $7 after about an hour or so.
  • Ok I needed an excuse to put Black Beauty back together. Tues is semi's. Say 1.5h of craps followed by the game? Posting thread now.
  • would love to, but gunna have to pass this time....
  • My new watch just acquired via ebay. You press the button and the dice roll and then the dial lights up showing the roll results as well - though this pic doesn't seem to be showing that correctly. It's showing 5 and 5 when it should be 4 and 6.

15819df6-3d29-4a0f-b22e-76d8ae8c463a.jpg
  • Nice watch