The Official CRAPS Discussion thread

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    From the wizard of odds... I don't think so...

♠Ask the Wizard: Craps (Dice, and Rolling Dice)

Awww Jeff, I was hoping for something a little "spicier". ;)
  • BJ69 wrote: »
    The way I set up/hold/throw/put spin on the dice has 5's and 9's come up more often. It's just the way it happens. Do you mean to suggest that the way one throws the dice has no influence on the outcome whatsoever?

If you can set the dice and hit the diamond rubber at the same place from 14 feet away so that a 5 or 9 comes up then you are wasting your time at craps and should be pitching in MLB.
  • But . . . a baseball is round. And since when is the Croupier allowed to swing at the dice?

Let the baby have his bottle, moose. Maybe he is as "certain" when it comes to hand selection, too. :o
    The way I set up/hold/throw/put spin on the dice has 5's and 9's come up more often. It's just the way it happens. Do you mean to suggest that the way one throws the dice has no influence on the outcome whatsoever?

So how many thows?

100 / 1,000 / 10,000 / 100,000 / 1,000,000+?
  • A great way to learn craps is to play with the free wincraps software.

WinCraps - great craps software

or play the free craps game on Wizard of Odds: The last word on gambling strategy

Rather than pay for some videos.
  • A great way to learn craps is to play with the free wincraps software.

WinCraps - great craps software

or play the free craps game on Wizard of Odds: The last word on gambling strategy

Rather than pay for some videos.

Know of anything for Mac?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

Buy windows? :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Buy windows? :D

Thanks, but I just got off the Microsoft teet.
    Thanks, but I just got off the Microsoft teet.

I wish Microsoft was a teet. More like the guy with a van and some candy. :D
    I wish Microsoft was a teet. More like the guy with a van and some candy. :D
    and he uses the candy to get a kid to fix his flat and more candy for someone else to jumpstart the car. But you don't get the candy right away, you have to fill in some forms and send them in and wait 6-8 weeks and the candy comes postage due.

The wizardofodds craps runs on your browser.

It has nothing to do with the OS.

If I ran this site I would ask the wiz if we can run that program here.
    So how many thows?

100 / 1,000 / 10,000 / 100,000 / 1,000,000+?

1000's
  • Come on Moose, I gotta get to bed soon.

funny-dog-pictures-dog-has-patience.jpg

Say what you mean... If you're going to say something, say it.

Having balls is always +EV
    From the wizard of odds... I don't think so...

♠Ask the Wizard: Craps (Dice, and Rolling Dice)

Based on my experience (anecdotal) in the last 4 years since I picked up the game, I tend to hit far more 5/9's than 8's. The likelihood I hit a 6 is probably on par with or slightly higher than 5's or 9's.

Speaking of probability/odds....Odds are a 7 hits 1 in 6 rolls. There have been 3 occasions in the last 4 years in which I've rolled for 40-45 minutes and made 7-9 points. The probability of me doing this is obviously not very good, but I have done it. Of course, there are also times when I 7 out on the second roll.....

I'm sure over the long term things will balance out to their true odds/probability.
    I'm sure over the long term things will balance out to their true odds/probability.

^^^ This, assuming non fixed dice.
  • moose wrote: »
    If you can set the dice and hit the diamond rubber at the same place from 14 feet away so that a 5 or 9 comes up then you are wasting your time at craps and should be pitching in MLB.

1-I don't shoot from 14 ft away, I shoot from spot 1 beside the stick (either side.
    2-I never claimed to hit the rubber in exactly the same place.
    3-I stated I tend to hit more 5/9's than I hit 6's/8's (8's in particular)

Take it for what it is. I could care less whether or not you believe my observations/experience is valid.

I'll pitch in the MLB if you every end up on comedy central due to your overwhelmingly hilarious sarcastic wit.
  • Milo wrote: »
    But . . . a baseball is round. And since when is the Croupier allowed to swing at the dice?

Let the baby have his bottle, moose. Maybe he is as "certain" when it comes to hand selection, too. :o

You remind me a guy in gang bang getting sloppy 10ths..

Take your cyber shots if it helps you feel better about yourself....
  • Sitting down and relaxing..

Munching on the ol popcorn...
    Sitting down and relaxing..

You want a beer?
    Based on my experience (anecdotal) in the last 4 years since I picked up the game, I tend to hit far more 5/9's than 8's. The likelihood I hit a 6 is probably on par with or slightly higher than 5's or 9's.

anecdotal = I really can't prove it statistically, so I use this word to make people believe it.
    House always wins.
  • Come play/shoot anytime you want while I am sitting box. I promise not too laugh too loud!
    anecdotal = I really can't prove it statistically, so I use this word to make people believe it.

House always wins.

Anecdotal as in I don't write down every/any toss, nor do I write down every/any hand I've ever been dealt in poker.

House always wins...in the long run
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    Come play/shoot anytime you want while I am sitting box. I promise not too laugh too loud!

Yeah, no problem. Where do you work?

If you promise not to laugh too loud I'll promise not to laugh to hard at a grown man/woman sitting box as a profession 8-10 hours a day laughing at me...

I couldn't imagine a job more boring and annoying than hearing/seeing stupid slot machines i the background while people roll dice as entertainment. To each his own.
    Sitting down and relaxing..

Goes for a 2nd box...
    Yeah, no problem. Where do you work?

Guess you haven't been paying much attention since you joined the site. Anecdotally speaking of course. :D
    Guess you haven't been paying much attention since you joined the site. Anecdotally speaking of course. :D

What gave that away? My massive 28 posts since last March...7-8 of which are in this thread....
  • Played Craps at BCC at last night before heading to Mooses' for his cash game. I had my roll at +50 at one point, but the table got cold and I was -26 by time I cashed out. I guess should have left by few rolls earlier :D

I think I played OK, I only bet the pass line number (with odds behind) and 6 & 8.

Question regarding playing you odds: Do you guys ALWAYS play the odds on the pass line or only when the PL # is 6 or 8? I was playing every time, even when the number was 4 or 10. Is this -EV ?
  • Odds are 0 ev, so betting 0 ev chips, lowers the house edge because a greater proportion of your money is at 0 ev, while the house edge is only on what you have on pass/come. If you have a hard time taking max odds on a 4 or 10 then consider taking less odds. Even some odds, significantly lowers the house edge.

Odds House Edge
    Zero odds - 1.41%
    1X 0.848%
    Full double odds 0.572%
    3X 0.471%
    3-4-5X 0.374%
    5X 0.326%
    10X 0.184%
    20X 0.099%
    100X 0.021%

So even double odds drops the house edge by almost 2/3. ($5 pass and $10 odds).
  • See how much of a noob I am? I didn't even consider lowering (or raising) my odds. I always just put X2 behind the pass line no matter what. So far I have been betting $6 on 6 and 8, $5 on the pass line and $10 behind for odds, or $27 per roll. (Writing that down kinda shocked me. No wonder I lost $70 in a few rolls)

So should I always be taking the MAX odds then? I don't think I'm at that level of degen yet. Assuming I have $6 on 6 and 8, $5 on the pass line and $25 behind for odds that's $42 on each bet. Tough for me to gamble almost half my buy in.

Should I be buying in for more to ride the variance or not betting so much?