Duffer's Update Thread

Comments

• Nice to have a little extra. I would do it again in a heartbeat for Dev.
    Hit a couple of pot holes on the road but I am sure most would. Other than that He did a great job.....
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Me too. Still kicking myself for being such a nit and not taking the 70% cut. :(
    But it did represent a big chunk of what I use for staking.

You have a staking roll? Wow, that's big time.... :)

We's in the money boys, hookers and blow for all!
  • Excuse me...but doesn't January have 31 Days??

You still have time to bump that up some more bud! Don't stop now!!:D
    <yes, I am a greedy bastard...sue me>
  • compuease wrote: »

Charlie? Is that you out of rehab already! BUGGER lol
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Excuse me...but doesn't January have 31 Days??

You still have time to bump that up some more bud! Don't stop now!!:D
    <yes, I am a greedy bastard...sue me>

This is true.
  • $1000 Monday Buy in anyone ?

lol, Hobbes has a nice lil business on the side.:)
  • Interested :D

Won't leave a lot for you, though. You still guaranteeing our original stakes?
    Interested :D

Won't leave a lot for you, though. You still guaranteeing our original stakes?

Good point, I think I'll stick to the $1 SNGs tommorrow.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Good point, I think I'll stick to playing 1000x $1 SNGs tommorrow.

fyp
  • How about another one of those 8K-10K or 20K GTD that is like only 10 bucks and you put 3 or 4 entries into it.
  • Ok, last night of this adventure. Let's go out with a bang.

Let me know if you guys are ok with this.

6pm - $26 - $32k GTD
    8pm - $26 - $42k GTD

Plus five $26 - 45man SNGs

Total at risk would be $182 but the pay off could be HUGE. I will need at least four of you to approve tonight's schedule.
    Ok, last night of this adventure. Let's go out with a bang.

Let me know if you guys are ok with this.

6pm - $26 - $32k GTD
    8pm - $26 - $42k GTD

Plus five $26 - 45man SNGs

Total at risk would be $182 but the pay off could be HUGE. I will need at least four of you to approve tonight's schedule.

Yup.
  • Green light.

What is the maximum number of tables that you play? I usually see you playing 2 or 3 at a time.
  • I usually play 2 or 3, I can do three if one is a MTT tourney. Slower pace, lots of folding.
    the 5, 45man SNGs will be two at a time duriing the other tournies. Each one takes about 2 hours to play.
  • I'm good with it..... Make us rich!
  • That's four. I know HVEEPOKER will be in as well. I don't know if its superstition or what, but Pinhead has been strangely absent from this thread. I haven't heard a peep out of him since he shipped his funds.
  • dj, after lurking this thread i decided to play a few of these 45 man sngs (but the $5 ones). so far a first and third out of 4 attempts. i think i like these ;) the timing of these tournaments is great.
  • trigs wrote: »
    dj, after lurking this thread i decided to play a few of these 45 man sngs (but the $5 ones). so far a first and third out of 4 attempts. i think i like these ;) the timing of these tournaments is great.

He says as the Variance Monster watches from a short distance...preparing to pounce on his unsuspecting bankroll.
  • trigs wrote: »
    dj, after lurking this thread i decided to play a few of these 45 man sngs (but the $5 ones). so far a first and third out of 4 attempts. i think i like these ;) the timing of these tournaments is great.

I agree, the two hour time frame is just about right, not too long, but long enough to get in some decent play. Glad to hear you are off to a good start. Just keep within your bankroll limit and you'll do ok. I will caution you that I, too, was crushing them early on but had two 20 game streaks where I didn't cash once. You have to have the bankroll to sustain you through those. I recommend at least 50 buyins but 100 would be best.
    My goal is to win enough to pay every one back from my online winnings and give myself a starting bankroll of $550 for February. Which also means, you all double your money.
    compuease wrote: »
    So that means you need to profit $1100, ie have your online roll at $1650. I believe. That's an aggressive target... GL

I love it when a plan comes together. :)
    I recommend at least 50 buyins but 100 would be best.

And this assumes you are a winning player...
    I love it when a plan comes together. :)

The night is young my son...
    That's four. I know HVEEPOKER will be in as well. I don't know if its superstition or what, but Pinhead has been strangely absent from this thread. I haven't heard a peep out of him since he shipped his funds.

Happily lurking and watching my monies grow :) enjoy the last night and ship another big score for us all!
  • Q? If you don't cash until after midnight tonight does that cash count in January? :)
    Q? If you don't cash until after midnight tonight does that cash count in January? :)

I'll have to check our contract. Err, what I signed, ummm - I'll have my lawyers get back to you.
    He says as the Variance Monster watches from a short distance...preparing to pounce on his unsuspecting bankroll.

i'm pretty familiar with the variance on sngs. i learned poker and made my roll playing 10 man sngs back in the day on pokerroom.
  • Okie doke. I have faith in you .
    Off tomorrow so I think I am going to head down to Niagara and play some cash Poker.
    I will check on things when I get back. Hopefully we will get some great news from Duffer.
    Git er Doooooooooooooooooooooooone .
  • Well, I'm in for one more 45man SNG - then I'm calling it a month.