Day 9
    $220.00---$455.48----$235.48
    107%
    Day 10----$94.00
    $48.50----($45.50)
    (48%)

Total----$1415.05---$2096.84----$681.79
    48%

Today could have been huge. A 6th, 7th & 8th in the 45man SNGs and a coin flip away from going deep in the $32k GTD. I won another $26 token so we will try again tomorrow.
    I feel like I am really close to a big score, stay tuned.
  • Keep running good and playing well sir!
  • I will be updating the results after tonight's session. Volume has been down the past two days, what with work getting in the way. Friday night and Saturday I am playing live tournaments but will make up for it on Sunday.
  • I can't win anything any more. Doesn't matter how much a favourite I am. Two hours of play just to bubble. FML.

Full Tilt Poker Game #27252950603: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (211752714), Table 1 - 600/1200 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:31:37 ET - 2011/01/13
    Seat 2: pikinfool (7,400)
    Seat 3: Maby1 (12,095)
    Seat 4: dufferdevon (7,785)
    Seat 5: Oliveira Junior (3,340)
    Seat 6: abattea (6,095)
    Seat 7: hampfer80 (8,425)
    Seat 9: Festina_Lente01 (22,360)
    abattea posts the small blind of 600
    hampfer80 posts the big blind of 1,200
    The button is in seat #5
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to dufferdevon [Kc Ac]
    Festina_Lente01 folds
    pikinfool folds
    Maby1 calls 1,200
    dufferdevon raises to 7,785, and is all in
    Oliveira Junior folds
    abattea folds
    hampfer80 folds
    dufferdevon: i'll show
    > I had just won the last two hands w/o showdown (A9 & TT) - so I didnt want the table to think I had gone crazy
    Maby1 calls 6,585
    dufferdevon shows [Kc Ac]
    Maby1 shows [As 7s]
    *** FLOP *** [3d Ah 4c]
    *** TURN *** [3d Ah 4c] [9h]
    *** RIVER *** [3d Ah 4c 9h] [7c]
    dufferdevon shows a pair of Aces
    Maby1 shows two pair, Aces and Sevens
    Maby1 wins the pot (17,370) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
  • I have changed the way the numbers are formatted in excel. Just keeping the rake back seperate from the wins/losses. This has been one strange week. It could have been huge, but I just can't seem to get my big hands to hold up at the final table any more.
  • 35% ROI is pretty decent imo
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    35% ROI is pretty decent imo

I agree and if I am at 35% ROI at the end of the month, I will be over the moon. Its just that I have been playing way better than my results are showing.

Since I am going to be playing live the next two days, I think I will take a break from online and review a bunch of tournies, just to make sure I am playing as well as I think I am.
  • out of curiosity Devon, do you find your play is different when playing with your own money vs. other people's?
  • ut oh.... been a few days, busto? :)
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    out of curiosity Devon, do you find your play is different when playing with your own money vs. other people's?

I was happily surprised that I am not playing any differently. Although, I must admit, I am being way more careful about tilt and playing higher limits. I really am starting to come to terms with how much variance there is in online poker and you have to have the bankroll to sustain it.

It reminds me alot of the sales bucket. Make 100 calls, get ten leads and one sale. Do that for 1000 calls and make 10 sales. Same in online poker, over time I cash in 1 in 5 tournies, play 500 tournies, that's 100 cashes. Problem is, they aren't as regular as that, but over time, they are.
  • I just caught that str8 suk out. Wrong cards came off buddy.
  • Starting to get back on track. I really should have just stuck to the 45man SNGs for the entire month. Our profits would be really sick. I have rededicated myself to just playing them for the rest of the month.

The one deviation will be the $26 token sattelites. I'll keep playing those and use the tokens the week of the double guarantee tournies.
  • Didn't feel like making a screen shot of the entire spreadsheet. But here are the hi-lights.

Buy ins
    Won
    Profit
    ROI
    Rake Back
    Total

$2,728.40
    $3,410.18
    $681.78
    25%
    $63.40
    $745.18
  • I guess it was bound to happen sooner of later but I have gone 15, 45man SNGs without a cash. Fortunately, I had a nice cash in the $10k GTD and have been off setting these losses with heads up SNGs.

Here's what are up to for the month.

Buy ins
    Won
    Profit
    ROI
    Rake Back
    Total

$2,979.40
    $3,824.59
    $845.19
    29%
    $84.01
    $929.20
  • This has been a difficult few days. I still feel like I am playing well but am not getting any breaks when I need them. And by breaks, I mean my hands holding when the chips go in the middle and I am the favourite to win.

This last tourney, I get knocked out with AQ vs AT - AIPF - with only 11 players left.

Buy ins
    Won
    Profit
    ROI
    Rake Back
    Total

$3,424.10----$4,123.29
    $699.19
    20%
    $84.01
    $783.20
  • The poker grinder life style is not an easy life is it? Just a small sample.. Imagine having to make a living this way?
  • compuease wrote: »
    The poker grinder life style is not an easy life is it? Just a small sample.. Imagine having to make a living this way?

OH MY GOD. Right now, I want to give up playing recreationally. lol. There is no way in hell I would try to grind this out for a living. I still think I could make a decent part time income though. :)
  • Despite my apparent melt down in the BBV section, reports of our bankroll's demise is greatly exaggerated. I will however keep the suspense going until tomorrow evening. There is a slight drop in overall profits, but we're still well in the black. Warren Buffet would be proud of these returns.

I am taking tonight off from playing but will be back grinding again tomorrow.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I am taking tonight off from playing but will be back grinding again tomorrow.

You have 5 days left to MAKE US RICH! Do NOT disappoint us :mad:
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    You have 5 days left to MAKE US RICH! Do NOT disappoint us :mad:

Sometimes, its better to recharge the batteries than to have them working at half capacity. I can say that Fri/Sat/Sun is going to be one looooooong session of poker. I am looking forward to it.
  • You sir are withstanding the pressure of these whip wielding backers with more composure and confidence than I ever could. I'd turn into a quivering glass of water under the pressure.

I have no real business in this thread, but just wanted to throw an atta boy your way.

Good luck to you before this ends and I hope you make these overlords some serious cash.
  • Devon has done a great job this month for his backers. I'm very pleased with the results thus far, and should he ever need another backer, I wouldn't hesitate.

Duffer, you KNOW I'm only breaking your balls a bit with my earlier comments. You should be proud of your accomplishment this month.

But I KNOW you can do better too! ^-^ Gogetem!!
    Devon has done a great job this month for his backers. I'm very pleased with the results thus far, and should he ever need another backer, I wouldn't hesitate.

Duffer, you KNOW I'm only breaking your balls a bit with my earlier comments. You should be proud of your accomplishment this month.

But I KNOW you can do better too! ^-^ Gogetem!!

Oh, I know its all in fun, until someone loses some money. :)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    oh, i know its all in fun, until someone loses some money and their thumbs. :)

fyp ;)
  • After four losing days in a row, things have finally started to turn around. I have learned more through the last four days than in the first three weeks of this challenge. Most of all, the importance of getting proper rest and limiting my session times.

Here's where we are so far. But this weekend is going to be good, I can feel it.

Buy ins
    Won
    Profit
    ROI
    Rake Back
    Total

$3,959.50----$4,590.39
    $630.89
    16%
    $84.01
    $714.90
  • GoDufferGo!

Looking forward to a nice return next week, Devon. Make the most of this weekend. Rail you when I can.
  • This weekend did not start out so well. I was down $130 yesterday and was worried that I wouldn't even double our bankroll, then boom. Sunday started out much the same but the $15k GTD on Full Tilt was my best finish in about 3 months. 5th for $1014.80 !!

So here is where we are so far, with one day to go. I have to go to Milton tonight for a live league tourney, so I doubt I will be playing online again today.

Buy ins
    Won
    Profit
    ROI
    Rake Back
    Total

$4503.00
    $6004.69
    $1501.69
    33%
    $108.68
    $1610.37

$805.19 to be split according to your percentages. Not a bad investment, if I do say so myself.
  • Well done devon
  • Very Nicely Done, Devon! You played very well this month, and your ROI is impressive. Glad I made the investment.
    Very Nicely Done, Devon! You played very well this month, and your ROI is impressive. Glad I made the investment.

Me too. Still kicking myself for being such a nit and not taking the 70% cut. :(
    But it did represent a big chunk of what I use for staking.