HVEE's NEW YEARS OPEN DEEPSTACK BOUNTY

Comments

• HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    if anyone can possibly bring some chairs

I have 5 black folding chairs that I can bring. I can bring cut cards as well, they are standard sized, will that work?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I have 5 black folding chairs that I can bring. I can bring cut cards as well, they are standard sized, will that work?

yes the chairs will be a great help Ed. Thanks soooo much. problem i have found with these piatniks are they are not standard size. A little shorter and a little wider so the standard cut cards do not cover.
    I can try to make some. I will see what I can do. Worst case scenario, I use the jokers and flip em over
  • I'll also bring 4 chairs.

Tom
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    I'll also bring 4 chairs.

Tom

Thanks Tom.
    I can try to make some. I will see what I can do.

I have made some before. Take a piece of bristol board or even regular paper I suppose. Trace one of the cards on it, cut it out, take it to Staples and have them laminate it and then take it home and trim it to size.
    I can try to make some. I will see what I can do. Worst case scenario, I use the jokers and flip em over

Take 2 jokers (or other useless cards from the deck) and tape them together. Perfect size and very easy to distinguish from the rest of the deck.

Or get off your wallet and buy a bunch of cut cards:)
  • Hey Hvee

So now one more friend wants to play, so thats me + 3....4 total.

thanks

Marc
  • Hey Ron, got your addy, thanks. Please make me + 1 firm entries (that's me and hubby. Plus one more tentative (our buddy Steve). We too have chairs, just three but they're comfy. We also have a set of Gemaco cards and chips (13 gram clay) if you need anything like that.
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    Hey Ron, got your addy, thanks. Please make me + 1 firm entries (that's me and hubby. Plus one more tentative (our buddy Steve). We too have chairs, just three but they're comfy. We also have a set of Gemaco cards and chips (13 gram clay) if you need anything like that.

if you can I am sure we could use them and Thanks.
  • Marc wrote: »
    Hey Hvee

So now one more friend wants to play, so thats me + 3....4 total.

thanks

Marc

Okay Thanks Marc.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Take 2 jokers (or other useless cards from the deck) and tape them together. Perfect size and very easy to distinguish from the rest of the deck.

Or get off your wallet and buy a bunch of cut cards:)

I would buy but you guys keep sucking out on me and taking all of my money . lmfao Bastards:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Unless there is a big rush tomorrow or today. It looks like we will have 18/19.
    if this is the case I may add some chips to the starting stack or time on the blinds . Maybe even both. I will sit down on Sunday morning to take a look at it.
    Looks like a good field and should be an interesting day.
    Looks like a good field and should be an interesting day.

just make sure you aren't anything like your avatar and be a humbug with your chips. Give them to me.
    just make sure you aren't anything like your avatar and be a humbug with your chips. Give them to me.

You get COAL..... Naughty boy.
  • Sorry mate - I have a "family thing" and wont be le to make it on Sunday. I hope the event is a success
  • Sorry mate - I have a "family thing" and wont be le to make it on Sunday. I hope the event is a success

Okay thanks
  • 16 + 2 tenatives. If everyone is in 18. Perfect.

I am going to increase the stacks to 15K and leave the blind lengths at 30 mins. I can compensate with antes.

Dinner break will be at or around 5pm If everyone wants to get or order something in.
    16 + 2 tenatives. If everyone is in 18. Perfect.

I am going to increase the stacks to 15K and leave the blind lengths at 30 mins. I can compensate with antes.

Dinner break will be at or around 5pm If everyone wants to get or order something in.

That should be ok, with 18 players, 30 min blinds, 15K stacks it should end between 10 and 11pm, assuming 1 hr in break time. You already have antes in the structure and they shorten the time only slightly anyways. Maybe 1/2 hr. Is that finish time ok? If you want it to end an hour or 2 later leave the blinds at 25 min with 15K stacks. Or make the decision on blind length (25 or 30 min) at game time depending on the number of players.
  • compuease wrote: »
    That should be ok, with 18 players, 30 min blinds, 15K stacks it should end between 10 and 11pm, assuming 1 hr in break time. You already have antes in the structure and they shorten the time only slightly anyways. Maybe 1/2 hr. Is that finish time ok? If you want it to end an hour or 2 later leave the blinds at 25 min with 15K stacks. Or make the decision on blind length (25 or 30 min) at game time depending on the number of players.

If everyone else is okay with it Leave it. We could adjust on the fly. maybe skip a level or 2 if it is going to long. if we really had to that is. Then again we can play all night if that tickles yer fancy lol
    If everyone else is okay with it Leave it. We could adjust on the fly. maybe skip a level or 2 if it is going to long. if we really had to that is. Then again we can play all night if that tickles yer fancy lol

You don't want to change on the fly, just not kosher. So you want to leave it at 25 min, 10K stacks?
  • how about 300 starting chips, blinds double every minute?
  • Everybody gets 250 I get 100k. I still won't win. Har har hardee har har.

lets leave it at 10 with 30 min blinds
  • Ok, 10K, 30 min it is, should end between 9 and 10.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Ok, 10K, 30 min it is, should end between 9 and 10.

I will leave a swath of destruction in my wake and free you all up for an early bedtime. Sound good?
    I will leave a swath of destruction in my wake and free you all up for an early bedtime. Sound good?

HUH ? :o
  • my sister lives about 5 minutes up the road..so i can mooch dinner if i get knocked out early..which is a distinct possibility..^-^
  • marban wrote: »
    my sister lives about 5 minutes up the road..so i can mooch dinner if i get knocked out early..which is a distinct possibility..^-^

hahaha . maybe we can all go over.
  • Paging AcidJoe. Haven't heard weather or not he is in yet. Joe if you see this let me know okay?
  • 1st break Djgolfcan busted out.

Comp is the chip leader by the looks of things.
    1st break Djgolfcan busted out.

Comp is the chip leader by the looks of things.

This needs clarification. Comp is in the BB and raised 3x BB ($600) and I am the SB, with T-T. I figure he might be stealing with the button so I re-pop it to $1500. He just calls, and bells are going off in my head (he has Ak, QQ, JJ) - I just can't see him flatting AA or KK here.

Flop comes Ks-Th-6h

I am praying he has AK now. I lead out (who leads into the initial raiser with a set?) for $2000, he re-raises me, I shove all in and he calls. He flips over A-A and I have the set of tens.

Comp almost mucks his cards before dealing the turn and river. We convince him he still has a slim chance and BOOM - An Ace on the turn and I am done.

Good fun, thanks for hosting Ron, I'll be back. I think Comp just wanted me to get back online as soon as possible to make him some more money.