Dead Pool II

Comments

• Agreed! The more the merrier!
  • Some things have happened, i am going to pass this year

thanks guys
  • Hope it is nothing too serious, Brent.

Okay, there were no last minute entries, so, if reibs stays retired we will have eight teams. As promised, here is your supernumary BONUS PICK:

Tony Little

If Mr. Little assumes room temperature in 2011, you will all receive $5.00 from your humble moderator. The reason I picked Tony is simple: over the past year+ I have observed him go from bulky fit guy, to just bulky guy, to recently looking overly slimmed down, and then back to bulky guy again. That kind of stress is bad for your body and, given his past history, I think there is a decent shot of something inadvertant happening.

I will announce the draft order late tonight, or tomorrow morning.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Tony Little

I hope I didn't wake the baby when I lol'd when I saw this. Too funny!

tony+little.jpg
  • That's not a recent picture . . . besides, I get a kick out of the thought that Cerb will be sitting in front of his PC waiting for the screen to refresh on Dead or Alive screaming, "You can dooo it".
    That's not a recent picture . . . besides, I get a kick out of the thought that Cerb will be sitting in front of his PC waiting for the screen to refresh on Dead or Alive screaming, "You can dooo it".

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Fanfuckingtastic!

Interesting side note: best Tony Little commercial is for the Gazelle, where he interviews The Genius, aka Lanny Poffo, aka Randy Savage's little brother. Excellent comedy gold!
  • Draft order has been determined . . . I will post it when I get back from New Hamburg.

Enjoy the wait.
    Draft order has been determined . . . I will post it when I get back from New Hamburg.

Enjoy the wait.

Sneak peek for the host?
  • The draft order always makes me giddy. Never bad to get first picks, never bad to get last pick as you get two in a row! Can never decide which I want more!

This is hopefully, please for the love of god, be more exciting than last year.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Sneak peek for the host?

Okay . . . look over here >>>>>
  • Winner of this year's Draft Lottery is DJGolfcan . . . and Cerberus gets the swing pick in last.

Draft order is as follows:
    DJGolfcan
    JohnnieH
    Crazykoby
    Hellmuth's Mole
    Wildbill7145
    compuease
    HVEEPOKER
    Cerberus

Some of you will notice familiar players on each other's teams. Did you reference the same DoA website or something?
    Winner of this year's Draft Lottery is DJGolfcan . . . and Cerberus gets the swing pick in last.

Draft order is as follows:
    DJGolfcan
    JohnnieH
    Crazykoby
    Hellmuth's Mole
    Wildbill7145
    compuease
    HVEEPOKER
    Cerberus

Some of you will notice familiar players on each other's teams. Did you reference the same DoA website or something?

Woohoo! 2nd pick!

I see Ron's runbad streak continues with the worst spot in the draft :(
  • So when's the draft, when's the draft!!?????
  • Ten rounds of the draft are complete, and I am taking a break . . . but first, some teasers:

With the number 1 selection in the draft, DJGolfcan selects, from the Nation of Islam (I think), Ruby Muhammad, who is (I think) the widow of Founder Elijah Muhammad.

This meant that, though JohnnieH got second pick, he managed to get his #1: Zsa Zsa Gabor. Crazykoby got his fave in Oscar Niemeyer (my favourite architect by the by). The Mole, going with last year's roster (with a few add-ons) took Seve Ballesteros. Wildbill was more eclectic in choosing Ronnie Biggs, of Train Robbery fame. Compuease, showing his years, perhaps, went with Pete Seeger, forgetting that Commies live forever. HVEE belied his terrible draft position in scooping up Aretha Franklin.

Of special note is Cerberus, drafting in the anchor position. I am unsure if this is good news or bad but, through 10 rounds, Cerberus has NINE of his top picks. DJ is close, with an equally disparate roster, but . . .

NINE . . .

Compuease is barely edging out Hellmuth's Mole for the title of "Most picked over" roster.

Final Team Lists later today . . .
  • I'm cruel but..

Go Ronnie go!!!
    article-0-0A4492A5000005DC-372_468x493.jpg
  • Ah, what the hell I've got some time on my hands this morning. How 'bout some opening pics of our first round selections..

Ruby Muhammad
    ruby_mohammed_110_americus_ga_p9bx.jpg

Zsa Zsa Gabor
    zsazsabmp.jpg

Oscar Niemeyer
    oscarniemeyer.jpg

Seve Ballesteros
    seve-ballesteros_1010027c.jpg

Pete Seeger
    PeteSeeger.jpg

Aretha Franklin
    aretha-franklin.jpg

From some of these pics, things are looking good for us this year!
  • I realize it's too late to change this now (unless everyone wanted to I guess) but I believe for next year there should be a provision for bonus based on age of death.

For example

$5 would be the payout for anyone on your list dying 80 yrs old or older
    $6 for 70-80 years of age
    $8 for 50-70
    $10 full pop for anyone you choose to die under 50 years old.

It would definitely change the dynamics of the draft lists and add a risk/reward element.
  • I realize it's too late to change this now (unless everyone wanted to I guess) but I believe for next year there should be a provision for bonus based on age of death.

For example

$5 would be the payout for anyone on your list dying 80 yrs old or older
    $6 for 70-80 years of age
    $8 for 50-70
    $10 full pop for anyone you choose to die under 50 years old.

It would definitely change the dynamics of the draft lists and add a risk/reward element.

OMG, where were you 2 weeks ago? I love this idea!
  • I think at this point, that would have to wait until next year but that's an excellent idea.

Now this may sound a bit over the top, but hey it's a dead pool so we're all going to hell anyway. I wonder if there would be a way to incorporate bonus $ for particular means of 'crossing the finish line'? eg. natural, accidental, intentional, etc. Predicting that would be particularly impressive in some situations.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    OMG, where were you 2 weeks ago?

The way my December has been going I was either doing the technicolour yawn, or working through a six pack of Advil cold and sinus.
  • Gawd, I could almost forgive you for being a Habs fan, Mole. Regardless, the Draft is complete. Eight teams with 21 players per squad.
  • Agreed with both new ideas for next year. The age thing is great. The concept of "calling your shot" is fantastic! I would add to it in that if it's something someone is known for (i.e. Charlie Sheen due to drugs/alcohol) then you would get an extra $1 from each person. If it's something random (i.e. Hank Azaria due to losing a pistol duel) then you get an extra $2 from each person.

Btw, what the hell Milo! Everyone else gets their first pick posted and I have to go back and dig to find out I got Lindsay Lohan!
  • This pic is shocking, utterly shocking...

Lindsay Lohan
    lindsay-lohan-drunk.jpg
  • Comp was the only Manager to have his entire roster exhausted, with Mole saving 1, and Bill having 2 players left out. Some notable non-draftees include:

Burt Reynolds
    Stan Lee
    Buzz Aldrin
    Mike Wallace
    Angelo Dundee
    Sean Connery
    Bill Cosby
    Andy Griffith
    Mickey Rourke
    Farley Mowat
    Betty White

Cerb continued his hot streak in the draft, losing only 4 of his top 21 picks. Sadly for him, it prevented him from getting to more than 2 of his "wrestler" picks.

Team Lists to follow shortly.
    Comp was the only Manager to have his entire roster exhausted,
    Is this good or bad? Hopefully they all exhaust all of the air in their lungs...
    Comp was the only Manager to have his entire roster exhausted, with Mole saving 1, and Bill having 2 players left out. Some notable non-draftees include:

Burt Reynolds
    Stan Lee
    Buzz Aldrin
    Mike Wallace
    Angelo Dundee
    Sean Connery
    Bill Cosby
    Andy Griffith
    Mickey Rourke
    Farley Mowat
    Betty White

Cerb continued his hot streak in the draft, losing only 4 of his top 21 picks. Sadly for him, it prevented him from getting to more than 2 of his "wrestler" picks.

Team Lists to follow shortly.

Not true as he was my number one pick in the Misc category :)
  • Stan Lee is comics, not wrestling.
  • With this groups previous record, I should take the non-draftees. :D
  • Gerry Rafferty, of Stealer's Wheel fame . . . also, Baker Street.
    Gerry Rafferty, of Stealer's Wheel fame . . . also, Baker Street.

Excellent album IMO Too bad. Maybe I have to tune up my tin foil hat.
    Did not see this coming.