Dead Pool II

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Yes!

You have a knack for confusing me . . . yes, you object? Or, yes, move the deadline?
  • Milo wrote: »
    You have a knack for confusing me . . . yes, you object? Or, yes, move the deadline?

lol..the blind leading the blind ITT.

I have no objections to moving the deadline. Maybe we'll get a few more peeps to sign up.
  • There being no objections . . . the new deadline is on the 27th, as stipulated above.
  • Just submitted my list.... I am in favour of keeping it at $5. and am fine with deadline extension...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just submitted my list.... I am in favour of keeping it at $5. and am fine with deadline extension...

You had to use the word DEADline
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    You had to use the word DEADline

Well, I just needed to get my list in asap as I don't think it would be accepted from the "other" side... :)
  • got it . . . you're good to "go" . . .
  • I'm in favour of $5. Prioritization is almost complete. If GF allows me the time to finish this today, list will be submitted later on.
  • I'd love to join this. Can I get a definitive list of categories and rules? It's kind of spread out in the thread and I don't want to miss anything. Is there something you could pm me so I can make my list?
  • Consensus seems to be for the $5.00 payouts, so that is what we will go with. Have a Merry Christmas ghouls, and may all your selections be "live" . . . for another week, at least.

Check back for updates, and I will give fair warning of the impending draft, plus results. Also, I will monitor the obits for any players who may decide to jump the gun, so to speak.
  • Remember the DP1 is still active, Milo.

Flud, most of the rules are in the OP. Post any questions/comments/obscene jesters here.
  • Fludlerk wrote: »
    I'd love to join this. Can I get a definitive list of categories and rules? It's kind of spread out in the thread and I don't want to miss anything. Is there something you could pm me so I can make my list?

Just read post #2 in this thread and you should be able to get your roster in on time. Any other questions can be ironed out once you submit your roster. Your humble moderator will happily answer any and all questions, of course.

And DP1 will still be getting the attention it deserves, should anybody happen to bink a late "victory". What have we had this year, 2 payouts? Three?
    Just read post #2 in this thread and you should be able to get your roster in on time. Any other questions can be ironed out once you submit your roster. Your humble moderator will happily answer any and all questions, of course.

And DP1 will still be getting the attention it deserves, should anybody happen to bink a late "victory". What have we had this year, 2 payouts? Three?

Two.

DennisG had Rue whatshername from the Golden Girls and I had George Steinbrenner.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Two.

DennisG had Rue whatshername from the Golden Girls and I had George Steinbrenner.
    What a pathetic performance! ;) No wonder Dead Pool I participants don't want to try again... They wouldn't have a chance against the DP II experts.
  • Side bet to see if DP2 outperforms DP1? Anyone?
    Side bet to see if DP2 outperforms DP1? Anyone?

I'll bet...
    Side bet to see if DP2 outperforms DP1? Anyone?

$5 on the over.
  • compuease wrote: »
    What a pathetic performance! ;) No wonder Dead Pool I participants don't want to try again... They wouldn't have a chance against the DP II experts.

Oh, I'm back baby. The experience I learned in DPI honed my skills in disseminating the vast plethora of information available to create my completed list of people holding off death by hanging onto an icy cliff by their old brittle fingernails.

All on my list have been confirmed on Wikipedia to currently be alive, but they're so close I'm going to have to check every day between now and new years to see if they survive!!!!

It's in a MSword format, but I'll try and PM it to Milo now.
  • I will have my list together and PM you later tonight Milo. Sorry I haven't got it finished yet.

List has been completed and has been sent in 2 parts as my Piece of crap keeps logging me out.
    Sorry milo, meant to finish this last night.
  • We stand at 8 teams. The roster sheet has been updated, so that all Managers who have submitted a list are included (see post #4 to confirm). Mole, you cannot go with your original list, unless you re-send it to me, as I only have your DP1 team roster now, sorry.

Reibs, check your PMs around the 28th to confirm your withdrawal please . . .

MERRY CHRISTMAS GHOULS AND BOYS . . .
  • UPDATE: A last minute entry sneaks under the wire last night, and boosts us to nine teams. We may drop to eight, if reibs stays dropped out, but we shall see.
    Tune in on New Year's Eve for draft order and results.

Who will go #1? Also, who is my bonus pick?
  • Just sent reibs his PM, and I am jotting down the roster sheets. Tomorrow you will find out your bonus player, and Friday is DRAFT DAY. I will also post some possible side bets you may be interested in . . .
  • Milo send me a pm i want in. do i use names from the roster i posted earlier

brent
  • Sorry, Brent, but this needs to be out in the open, as the deadline has passed, and we extended it once already. I do not have a PM with a roster from you in my files, so I am not sure what you are referring to . . .

Okay folks, we have a request for a waiver entry by the Prophet . . . what do you say?

Brent, if the consensus is in favour, PM me your roster of 40 players (8 in each of 5 categories), and I'll make it work. Otherwise . . .
  • The more the merrier, I'm in favour of Brents "dead" money...

I'm ok with late entries up until the draft as long as you can handle it Milo... After all you are getting well paid. :)
    Sorry, Brent, but this needs to be out in the open, as the deadline has passed, and we extended it once already. I do not have a PM with a roster from you in my files, so I am not sure what you are referring to . . .

Okay folks, we have a request for a waiver entry by the Prophet . . . what do you say?

Brent, if the consensus is in favour, PM me your roster of 40 players (8 in each of 5 categories), and I'll make it work. Otherwise . . .

No problem wasn't aware of the deadline. I will pass until next year.

Brent
  • No No No......... let em in.
    No problem it's not like we have started the draft or anything like that.

An extra person or 2 may make it better also.
  • Sure, Brent can play.
  • Brent, if I get a PM from you with your roster picks before noon tomorrow, you're in. Same will hold true for anyone else that's on the fence.

NOON tomorrow is the "drop-dead" date.

Otherwise, I am not going to have enough time to get this done.
  • I also have no problem with Prophet joining if he can get his list in before the draft or whatever.