WSOP Final Table Live Coverage

In the United States it's going to be on ESPN3.com. This is obviously no help to us. Is it going to be available at all in Canada? If not, do we have any plans?

Comments

• Live? probably not, I would think tsn will be showing it, no doubt weeks after it has happened,lol
  • ryanghall wrote: »
    In the United States it's going to be on ESPN3.com. This is obviously no help to us. Is it going to be available at all in Canada? If not, do we have any plans?

Satellite FWIW...
  • Final table will be on ESPN on November...guess it...Ninth. Series will finish on the 8th..should be interesting on the short time frame for them to put it together.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Final table will be on ESPN on November...guess it...Ninth. Series will finish on the 8th..should be interesting on the short time frame for them to put it together.

ESPN or ESPN3? If ESPN, are you sure? I have it from an aquaintance of mine who works for Cogeco cable that it will NOT be on the regular ESPN which the majority of cable providers carry.
  • This quote from one site..
    ESPN will be airing the complete WSOP final table coverage on November 9 from 7pm – 9pm PST, giving them very little time to put together the polished show that viewers have come to love.

To manage the incredible feat, ESPN employs a 71-person crew with 21 cameras.
    “We are really going to give our viewers and unprecedented look at how the final table will play out,” stated ESPN producer, Kathy Cook.

For those of us die hard poker fans, ESPN3.com will be running a delayed live stream of the Final Table with veteran EPT commentator, James Hartigan assisted by a rotation of well-known poker pros.

So...maybe espn3 will have it same day but delayed?? HU action takes place on the 8th though...so two airings??
  • ESPN3.com will be live stream, no hole cards. I would assume the next day, regular ESPN broadcast will be with the hole cards, etc.
  • So, ESPN3 will be doing the live stream on the 6th and 8th then I presume...with ESPNs on the 9th..
  • I remember last year it was pretty much the same thing. TSN aired the final table on the Wednesday and then HU the Thursday, if I remember correctly.
  • OP was asking about a live stream, I'm pretty sure he is capable of looking up the time of the chopped-up crappy final table product airing himself
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    OP was asking about a live stream, I'm pretty sure he is capable of looking up the time of the chopped-up crappy final table product airing himself

^^^^^^^^ This.
  • lol,

yesant ffs!

But anyway, don't forget the ever entertaining 2p2 thread!
  • I think pokerlistings will have hand by hand commentary of the final table. It will be written of course. Although, I followed it two years ago, and it was very entertaining.

The ESPN chopped up broadcast does not do the tournament justice. It is a long grind and lots of folding. However, you also miss some of history between players that set up plays later on.

Its great to have running while you are playing online.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    OP was asking about a live stream, I'm pretty sure he is capable of looking up the time of the chopped-up crappy final table product airing himself

Because every thread here stays exactly on topic. Is this where the rolling eyes comes in?
  • They are listing a live feed here..

ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV
  • DennisG wrote: »
    They are listing a live feed here..

ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV

you beat me to it Dennis. how did your database program work out for u.

Brent
  • Haven't had a chance to play around with any yet..too busy with work and getting for winter and the new kidlet...
  • There are 6 players left. anyone else watching this even? There are currently on break.. Grinder is the chip leader.

Prophet 22
  • Watching it since around 10:00 p.m. Not for much longer though . . . my pillow is calling. Good luck to Duhamel.
  • I still have it going while playing a few sng's on Stars.
  • Top Chip Counts

1 Jonathan Duhamel 190,100,000
    2 John Racener 29,200,000

Looks like the title is coming to CANADA

Prophet 22
  • Props to Racener for hanging in there, but . . .

gogogogogo CANADA
  • So want to see this happen, chances don't come better than this. Go Canada!
  • I really want to know what Jarvis and Cheoung had at the beginning of the final table when Jarvis lost most of his stack
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I really want to know what Jarvis and Cheoung had at the beginning of the final table when Jarvis lost most of his stack

Matthew Jarvis was eliminated from the 2010 WSOP Main Event final table when his pocket nines lost a dramatic coin flip against the ace-queen of Michael Mizrachi. Jarvis finished in eight place for $1,045,738. Card Player TV caught up to him just after his elimination.
  • The real question that will haunt Grinder, is how he over played his A 8 and was dominated and then out after he had such a huge chip lead.

Prophet 22

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp
  • Great for Duhamel. I would say SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP It. especially Racener is outchipped 18 to 1. This is a great thing for Canadian Poker. For one of us to win Poker's Greatest Prize right in the Americans Back Yard is totally amazing.
    Nothing against the Americans. BTW , Just proud to be a Canadian .
  • This is the hand I want to see.

Hand #3: Joseph Cheong Takes a Chunk from Matthew Jarvis

Joseph Cheong has the button in Seat 2.

Matthew Jarvis opens to 1.175 million from early position. Joseph Cheong reraises from the button to 2.675 million and action folds back around to the original raiser Jarvis. He makes the call and the flop comes down 10h5c2c and Jarvis is to act first.

Jarvis checks to Cheong, he checks behind to see the 7d come down on the turn. Jarvis takes his time on fourth street before he slides out a bet of three million even. Cheong makes the call.

The 8c is the river card. Jarvis takes his time once again. He fires out two tall stacks of chips with some extra on top for a total of 4.275 million. Cheong pauses for a few moments and then announces that he is all in, drawing a massive uproar of cheers from the audience. Jarvis doesn't snap call, but rather maintains the same pose he has been the entire hand. After a couple of moments, he mucks his hand and Cheong is awarded the pot.

Jarvis is knocked down to 7.8 million while Cheong rises to 33.775 million.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Great for Duhamel. I would say SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP It. especially Racener is outchipped 18 to 1. This is a great thing for Canadian Poker. For one of us to win Poker's Greatest Prize right in the Americans Back Yard is totally amazing.
    Nothing against the Americans. BTW , Just proud to be a Canadian .

Urr . . . it's 6:1. Two double ups and Racener is in the lead.
  • Have not been following it at all this year, heard the grinder snapped and spewed all his chips,lol

Gonna watch it on t.v. (anyone know when tsn showing it yet?) but other then that I could care less this year who wins.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Have not been following it at all this year, heard the grinder snapped and spewed all his chips,lol

Gonna watch it on t.v. (anyone know when tsn showing it yet?) but other then that I could care less this year who wins.

TSN is showing the final table Tuesday November 9th at 10pm