League play Game #2

Comments

• Sorry I missed out. I'm on afternoons but would have pitched in...but had car trouble yesterday and didn't get online again until after work. Good luck though...and I'll be rooting Bill on for my stake in his game. :)
  • Comeon Shar, get my money back ;)
  • When do you two plan on playing your games?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    When do you two plan on playing your games?

While I can't speak for Shar, I believe the Sunday $300K guaranteed appears to be the best value.

Shar has mentioned this as well, but again I can't speak for her.

I haven't played in a MTT in a looooooong time so I'm sure I'm gonna be reading up on general strategies, etc. as I'm primarily a sng player.
  • I am planning to play the 300k gtd on this Sunday, October 17. I have already told my family I am not to be bothered. It is officially "fend for yourself day".

You in Bill?

~Shar
  • Sounds good. We should talk MTT strategy before then..

Or, at least I should ask you questions before then as I strictly play sng's. Much different strategy I would assume.
  • So, is this the one we're talking about?:

Holy crap finding MTT's amongst the bazillion that are running is much more difficult than finding my little sng's with the filters running!

They call this one the $55 DNG Sunday Special [$300K guaranteed] so I assume it's the one we're talking about. What's the DNG stand for? Wow, I feel like a babe in the woods full of wolves now not knowing this lingo!
  • Daily 90 grand I belive. And if you go into tourney > regular > med buy in tabs, it should filter it for you and it would be near the bottom of that list. You might have to play with your filter a bit, but it is much easier than listing all the tourneys.

Oct 17, 2010
    15:00 ET
    Stars

~Shar
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Daily 90 grand I belive. And if you go into tourney > regular > med buy in tabs, it should filter it for you and it would be near the bottom of that list. You might have to play with your filter a bit, but it is much easier than listing all the tourneys.

Oct 17, 2010
    15:00 ET
    Stars

~Shar

Looks like you've got the same one I do picked out.

Book it and see ya there.
  • awesome, I'll rail when I can! Good luck you two.

I'll be setting up and posting game 3 satellite tonight or tomorrow too.
  • OK watching both in action in the $300K, best of luck folks.. I'll post updates as I see them happen

Grahamer
  • Hate the fact that you can't chat with the people unless you buy-in to the tournament,....oh well...Currently 25 minutes in and Bill's doing well at 2840, Sharantyr is advancing with 3285 :)
  • Nice hand by Bill...

Bills starting stack - 2780.

Blinds are 40/80..couple of folds and then a raise to 120, bill comes overtop with 280. Big Blind and original raiser call.

Flop Qs2d10c, action is check , check, Bill bets 440. fold...call.
    Turn Qc, check, check..
    River Kd, bet of 640, call by Bill.
    Show down is AsKc for original raiser...Bill AhAd.

Well played Bill.
    Bill stack = 4440 :)
  • Bills on fire snagging another pot with three of a kind 5's for a pot over 1600 :) go Bill
  • Awesome colour commentary Graham! I feel like I'm actually there!
  • First break... Bill at $5,265 Sharantyr at $3,225 and over 1000 people have already bit the dust...It appears that late registration is over so the prize pool total is at $338,900.

Best of luck to both players :)
  • I'd be cheering at the tables, but they don't allow us Railbirds to comment :) great job and nice hand with the aces..
  • I'm watching too. GL guys.
  • whats bills handle again too many tables up for me to look it up
  • Same as here.

Same with Sharantyr.
  • Grahamer wrote: »
    I'd be cheering at the tables, but they don't allow us Railbirds to comment :) great job and nice hand with the aces..

You can comment if you have enough in your account to buyin..
  • That's not even a thinly veiled brag!
  • That's not even a thinly veiled brag!

lol, geez Bill, is $55. a lot these days? Maybe circa 1910, but not 2010..
  • GL to you both!
  • Shoot I wish I was on the forum earlier today I would have bought into this.
  • Moose, you can't just buy-in...you need to play on the Tuesday night tournament to try and represent the team :) feel free to come out next Tuesdday, I'm sure there will be another one :)
  • Same as here.

Same with Sharantyr.

ok then i was too lazy to think
  • My apologies to the players..I haven't been able to follow as closely as I had intended to....looks like things are going along nicely though :) Well done both of you.
  • WAIT A SECOND...what a nice move by Bill slow plays a nut Flush and gets paid for to the tune of $7,962 pot... very nicely done
  • Second Break and our Champions continue on..Bill now at $7,932...Shara riding along at $3,103...Patiences is a virtue for Shara because some of the people appear really agressive on her table :)

Well done both...over 3000 contestants have failed where you both power on :)