CPF League play (give it a go?)

Ok, looking to take a crack at pooled league play. We can try this a few times and see if it takes off or not to more events, and/or events with bigger buyins. Just want to get one under our belt to see how smoothly it goes (or doesn’t)

Here’s the idea.

Play in a private tournaments on stars for $1 (that’s the lowest they allow users to create, anyone know how/where we could do this online for free would be an asset)
This will serve as a satellite to a $50-55 buyin on any major site. (preferably stars or ftp) You can’t play an event, finish ITM and say “oh, that wasn’t me playing for the league, it was my own etc) you must announce when you will be playing the tournament at least a few hours before it starts.

Anyone who takes part in the tournament sends me $5.25 via player to player transfer
The winner of the $1 tournament will receive all the funds that other players have sent me which is to be used to buy in to a $50-$60 event.

Satellite winner plays the event within a reasonable timeframe, and posts on the forum with as much notice possible so we can rail you J

Field of players who take part in the satellite own a 30% share of any winnings from the larger event which you would be responsible for transferring.

So, example:
10 people play the $1 satellite (but transfer $5 to me) “Bill” wins the event.

I send the pooled transfers to “Bill”

Bill plays a $50 event on pokerstars and wins $500.
Bill keeps 70% ($350) the remaining $150 gets transferred to the 9 other players who took part in the satellite to that event ($16.60 ea)

Soooo, anyone interested, you can register on stars. I set it up for this Tuesday Oct 5th at 7pm EST. once you’ve registered, please transfer $5.50 to Kanadian on stars

Comments

• I would be up for this except Monday nights are our regular Milton league games.. :( Good luck as I thinks it's a good idea..
  • sorry if i arbitrarily chose a bad date. Which opens the question of..

do we as a group allow folks to send their buyin, knowing they can't play, but simply to be part of the 30% pool? I for one think absolutely yes...for anyone that would be interested at least.
  • coolio. Feel free to register/send @ will if interested. If there aren't enough players it will be refunded.
  • Make it a 10 person sng. Time can be arranged as soon as you collect $50. Winner takes the monies and buys into a Stars $55 event. Each person ships $5. If they don't play the sng they can ship $6.
  • Mondays are no go for me, but keep us posted if there is one on a different night :)
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Mondays are no go for me, but keep us posted if there is one on a different night :)

this....Mondays & Wednesdays no good
  • should i go ahead and change it to tuesday>?
  • Most nights are good for me and would be extremely interested in this, however I think that another night then Monday would be good as I know a lot of other people are tied up on that night.
  • alrighty, given how monday already doesn't seem to work, I'll change it to Tuesday October 5th @ 7pm. (I'll edit OP once done)
  • With any luck I will be home from my moose hunting trip Tuesday morning or prior with a couple of big bulls...and maybe only a couple lies. I am taking it 7pm is est? I will ship monies if I make it back in time.
  • yes, it's EST Dennis.
  • Can't find it. Is it already full Sloth?
  • Old-Sloth wrote: »
    alrighty, given how monday already doesn't seem to work, I'll change it to Tuesday October 5th @ 7pm. (I'll edit OP once done)

Its not full, it moved here....
  • I looked there...can't find it. Is it under private?
  • meh, a little early for the western 9-5'er....maybe next one
  • tournaent ID is 315808758

when logged into stars, hit cntrl + t to search by tournament ID

creating personal events doesn't allow SNGs or capping players.

i remember now, with CNPL, we used poker4ever which allowed for private freerolls which didn't require any buyin at all, so we could maybe look into that as an option if we're looking to save $1.10 each time.
  • May I suggest that you don't even worry about the 1.10. The winner gets the couple bucks, the seat and ofcourse bragging rights, just to keep it simple?

And perhaps its possible to run say 2 or 3 on the same night? This is a forum with people across Canada, and there could be 1 for each time zone, and if you can join more than one, great!

I think this is a great idea you have, and I think its fun to play against those on here. I really don't mind giving stars the 10-30 cents to host this...its quick, its easy
    (and I wouldn't have to try and download anything new!!!)

Whatchya think?

~Shar
  • Next week is bad for me but I'm in going forward
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    May I suggest that you don't even worry about the 1.10. The winner gets the couple bucks, the seat and ofcourse bragging rights, just to keep it simple?

And perhaps its possible to run say 2 or 3 on the same night? This is a forum with people across Canada, and there could be 1 for each time zone, and if you can join more than one, great!

I think this is a great idea you have, and I think its fun to play against those on here. I really don't mind giving stars the 10-30 cents to host this...its quick, its easy
    (and I wouldn't have to try and download anything new!!!)

Whatchya think?

~Shar

sounds good. So...another question for the group.

Say we set out to send the winner to the nightly $55 on stars.
    What if we get 16 players out and have $80 or so (16 * 5) what do we do with the surplus $25 after transferring the $55 to the winner?

2nd place plays a $20 buyin? or does 1st place play a $50 and a $30? what do you all think?
    what do we do with the surplus $25 after transferring the $55 to the winner?

ill play too, and ill take the surplus...
    sounds good. So...another question for the group.

Say we set out to send the winner to the nightly $55 on stars.
    What if we get 16 players out and have $80 or so (16 * 5) what do we do with the surplus $25 after transferring the $55 to the winner?

2nd place plays a $20 buyin? or does 1st place play a $50 and a $30? what do you all think?

I'd like to see the excess go to 2nd place to play a tourney.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I'd like to see the excess go to 2nd place to play a tourney.

that's what I figured too. Makes the most sense.
  • I think that's a good idea too
  • Very cool idea. Hopefully things will start to slow down at work for me so I can get into the regular games and these PFC sattys.

and, yeah, any time there is an excess there should be at least one more buy-in for second, third place etc..
  • Sounds good, in.
  • I'm kind of low post count but can I enter this? Would probably be able to make it 2/3 weeks.
  • I would be able to make most of these but 5 is cutting it really close for someone in Western Canada who works a normal job..anyway to move it an hour or 2 later in the future?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    I would be able to make most of these but 5 is cutting it really close for someone in Western Canada who works a normal job..anyway to move it an hour or 2 later in the future?

will do.