NLHE DEEP STACK Freeze out/Bounty

12346»

Comments

• I'm with Wetts on starting stacks, I think for this size field this was pretty good. As "real" poker players (and I only pretend) we always want more play but this wasn't bad at all. Takes more of the "luck" factor out. It really depends on how long you want it to go, I think I said that this would take about 6-7 hours and that's about what happened... You let me know when you want it to end and I or several others can tell you how to make it happen. We could make it go 12 hrs if you wanted...
  • folded wrote: »
    cash game???? there was a cash game?

oh i remember, the game i only folded 4 times pre flop from 3:30 to 7:30. now that's poker....

Sincerely;

The Tom Dwan Show

You only folded twice......
    Unless I did nod off....

Signed "Oil Can"

Thanks for hosting Ron...

Milton Slim
    i hear you comp...
    i couldn't catch anything today.....

LOL

Liar Liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed "The guy beside Johnson"
  • I personally enjoyed this tournment and it's structure very much. I also think this is a great group of people to play with. I would very much like to play again if invited.
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    You only folded twice......
    Unless I did nod off....

Signed "Oil Can"

Thanks for hosting Ron...

Milton Slim
    Your welcome Slim.. lol... For a minute there I thought you were dead...
  • Lord_Phan wrote: »
    I personally enjoyed this tournment and it's structure very much. I also think this is a great group of people to play with. I would very much like to play again if invited.
    Oh I guess I'll invite you back. Thanks for the compliments.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm with Wetts on starting stacks, I think for this size field this was pretty good. As "real" poker players (and I only pretend) we always want more play but this wasn't bad at all. Takes more of the "luck" factor out. It really depends on how long you want it to go, I think I said that this would take about 6-7 hours and that's about what happened... You let me know when you want it to end and I or several others can tell you how to make it happen. We could make it go 12 hrs if you wanted...

Right off the start our table was playing tighter than a nuns (you know what.) There was not a lot of action and then all of a sudden BOOM.
    I just found that smaller stacks increase action but at the same time you would like to have everybody in for a while. Maybe an adjustment in the blind structure and drop rounds to 20 mins.
    Overall I would say that it was a great afternoon.
    Sorry AJ but the first one out at my tourneys always gets a ribbing. All in good fun ya know. lol
    I will have to see how my sched is for Sept before I can put another together. If not I will after we move for sure. Susie already planning a feast. Maybe during the Grey Cup if I don't go to BCPC .
    I think Wetts has me marked for Death after busting him out yesterday and last Thursday. lol. He'll get plenty of oppurtunity to do this in the coming months. lol
  • Congrats to all the folks who made it to the last 4.

I'll make sure not to take any chances with KK again.
  • shaznaz75 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the folks who made it to the last 4.

I'll make sure not to take any chances with KK again.
    BAH FRICKING HUMBUG!
    Your welcome, and thanks for coming out.
  • This is for Wetts....
  • Someone mentioned about thursday night tourny, just wondering where is that and who to contact for sign up..

thanks...
    Someone mentioned about thursday night tourny, just wondering where is that and who to contact for sign up..

thanks...

look in local games:

Chinguacousy Hill

You will find all about it there.
    If interested, let AJ know and he will PM you directions

Milton Slim
  • Great Tourny, Great Crowd! Had a good time, really enjoyed it.
    Thanks Ron!

Phil
  • pjb101 wrote: »
    Great Tourny, Great Crowd! Had a good time, really enjoyed it.
    Thanks Ron!

Phil
    Your Welcome.
    Someone mentioned about thursday night tourny, just wondering where is that and who to contact for sign up..

thanks...
    I'll be there. I am the one with the target on my back
  • compuease wrote: »
    That's just Larry, actually Cory was even more of a luck box, he cashed out for approx $700. However it's more than luck, they're not adverse to digging into their pockets as often as necessary to get going.. Some have deep enough pockets (me) but are too conservative and some just can't afford it to compete.. I have personally seen Larry go several hundred in the hole until he gets going, then cash out for several hundred or more profit... My conservative roots just won't allow me to do that...
    All you can do is get it in ahead and hope.... :)

Congrats on your HU win.. You and I are destined to meet somewhere down the road....

ahhh comp.... it may seem like we dig a hole then come blazing out ahead... that's because we see the flop more than once every 45 minutes......

and when your range is 2 thru Ace any suit, every flop looks like a good one!
    $80 buyin to cash out $700 was a good day, but, to see the old gang was also fun....

Having said that, i definitely enjoyed playing with the 2 senior rocks "oil can" and "old man johnson" for most of the afternoon...

thanks for hosting Ron..... definitely a great day.
    ahhh comp.... it may seem like we dig a hole then come blazing out ahead... that's because we see the flop more than once every 45 minutes......

and when your range is 2 thru Ace any suit, every flop looks like a good one!
    $80 buyin to cash out $700 was a good day, but, to see the old gang was also fun....

Having said that, i definitely enjoyed playing with the 2 senior rocks "oil can" and "old man johnson" for most of the afternoon...

thanks for hosting Ron..... definitely a great day.
    Your Welcome.
  • Hey guys, just moved to Guelph and looking for a semi regular game. Do not care if its cash game or tourny, just looking to play a little.

If you are still looking for players, feel free to send me a PM

Cheers

This guy was Durrr's mentor. Look out everyone!!!

Prophet 22

I gave everyone fair warning about Folded. It was one of those days 80.00 into 700.00. Sending multiple people home steaming. I feel bad for Dale the worst. Built up a nice stack only to have Cory steal it with a gut shot 4 on the river play 2 3 suited. However Doc put him to the test with an all in bet on the river with a flush and straight out there, Cory called with a set. No matter what you think of his play he's got brass!

The entertainment value was great! It has been for to long my friend glad you were able to make it out. I thought if I waited for you to leave the cards might change and the did. Took my last 21.00 out of my 80.00 buy-in up to 300.00 before cashing out at 255.00

Great time Ron

Prophet 22
  • I gave everyone fair warning about Folded. It was one of those days 80.00 into 700.00. Sending multiple people home steaming. I feel bad for Dale the worst. Built up a nice stack only to have Cory steal it with a gut shot 4 on the river play 2 3 suited. However Doc put him to the test with an all in bet on the river with a flush and straight out there, Cory called with a set. No matter what you think of his play he's got brass!

The entertainment value was great! It has been for to long my friend glad you were able to make it out. I thought if I waited for you to leave the cards might change and the did. Took my last 21.00 out of my 80.00 buy-in up to 300.00 before cashing out at 255.00

Great time ron

Prophet 22
    OH WELL lol Thanks for coming out.
    Besides a little rain and a couple of surprise early bust outs I think it was a great afternoon with a few people I have never met and a number that I have now played with several times. It's nice to put faces to the posters.
    Great group , Walking Boss was impressed . Big table got a little to crazy for me.
    As I said earlier depending on my schedule I may have another before we move but definately after.