Bristol St. presents... The 2010 Bristol Street Summer Shootout (Waterloo)

Comments

• I can switch my heat 3 for your heat 1 Sandy. let me know as soon as it's confirmed so I can be there on Wednesday. Cheers, Steve "SeekTheGrail"

Thanks Steve. I will switch to game 3 with you.
  • Switch is marked above, and I've also added Mario to the tourney as that was an oversight on my part. If you see a ($) beside your name in the reserve list it means you're paid up.
  • Also... updated the payout for a 21 person tournament. I've kept the percentages as they were, as I wanted to make sure each person got something for making the final table.

Due to tournament size, I've remove the 2nd place payout for the pre-lim matches.

Originally, I was going to award 6-8 their money back to put more cash into the top spots but, after running the numbers, it didn't make much difference at all.

As before, the big paydays will be for people that can win both their heats!
  • One other switch. joeheartsdi is now unavailable to play Heat 1. Unless there's someone else from Heat 4 that would like to switch with him, I'll do the switch myself.
  • Hi Rob. I have been away on vacation and just returned yesterday. I see the sign up for this event closed on the 31st. But if you do want another player, I would love to play, and I am available on any of the prelim dates. Tomorrow is no problem, and all the other dates work for me also.

I totally understand if you need to say no because of the rules you laid out. Just thought I'd try.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Sean
  • No worries, Sean. We haven't started the first Heat, so I've added you to Heats 1 and 3, which works out nice as each heat now has 11 players. (Giving everyone the same odds to be on a 5 or 6 seater table.

I'll update the payouts in a sec.
  • Sure is great to see Bristol St (aka Rob) back running again, doing what he does best running and organizing all these unique poker events. Thanks so much Rob, you don't realize how much you are appreciated. Several others try (and did a great job as well) to fill in the gaps while you were busy but theres nothing quite like a Bristol sanctioned event....
  • i would like to attend but i never received any info ?never been to bristol st im a NEWBIE!:biggrin2:
  • Hobbes wrote: »

now that's funny
  • anyone available to switch heats 1 for 4? i definitely cant make it tomorrow :(
  • As posted, I'll switch with ya.

Updating the original post...
    anyone available to switch heats 1 for 4? i definitely cant make it tomorrow :(
  • I might have a conflict now for day 2. Anybody able to switch from day 3 to day 2 so that I can switch to day 3?

Ranger
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    I might have a conflict now for day 2. Anybody able to switch from day 3 to day 2 so that I can switch to day 3?

Ranger

I'm easy, I'll switch unless it helps someone else to do it instead.

Sean
  • I may be a few minutes late tonight. Please blind me in.
  • Well done Hobbes! Well deserved crushing of the inferior table.*

*i hate you.
  • Thanks Sean. Rob can you please switch sstar and me for days 2&3? So Sean will play on Tuesday and I'll be there the following Monday.
  • Congrats to Hobbes and Labeach2002 for advancing through the Heat 1 pre-lims!

Results have been updated.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Congrats to Hobbes and Labeach2002 for advancing through the Heat 1 pre-lims!

Results have been updated.

Thanks. very nice HU match. Even though I had you outchipped ~4:1 going in you managed a double up to make things very interesting.

You should have kept saying "It's Hobbes' to lose" :)
  • i need to trade the 4th for the third??????let me know?:biggrin2:
  • proffisher wrote: »
    i need to trade the 4th for the third??????let me know?:biggrin2:

I can switch if you still need this.
  • Switching 33BW33 and proffisher.
  • Oh! Forgot to mention the sickest beat of Heat #1.

At the beginning of the tournament someone asks, "Are we doing the high hand jackpot for this tournament."

I respond with "Not for this one." and I endure the jokes of "He's already spent it!!"

Ranger's first or second hand is Quad Aces which would have won the ~$100 jackpot for that hand.

Sorry Ranger!!! Sick beat.
    Oh! Forgot to mention the sickest beat of Heat #1.

At the beginning of the tournament someone asks, "Are we doing the high hand jackpot for this tournament."

I respond with "Not for this one." and I endure the jokes of "He's already spent it!!"

Ranger's first or second hand is Quad Aces which would have won the ~$100 jackpot for that hand.

Yeah that sucked but I had a good run of winning hands just after that one which helped me get past it fairly quickly.
  • A reminder that tonight is Heat #2 for the Summer Shootout!

Dress appropriately, as crappy, humid weather comes with all tournaments. It's almost a guarantee now.
    A reminder that tonight is Heat #2 for the Summer Shootout!

Dress appropriately, as crappy, humid weather comes with all tournaments. It's almost a guarantee now.

Pants are optional! Woohoo!
    Oh! Forgot to mention the sickest beat of Heat #1.

We had quad 6s too - natural.
  • Congrats to beanie and DrTyore, moving on to the Final Table. Two heats to go, Heat #3 next Monday, and the Final Heat next Wednesday.
  • you mean next wednesday is the final heat?
  • Whoops! Yes. Corrected above.
    you mean next wednesday is the final heat?
  • Hey all,

Friendly reminder that tonight is Heat #3! Also, as posted in the OP, "If you can only play in one heat, I'll consider opening up $15 spots for one heat if we don't fill up with 32 players."

One of the player's MattR, is now unavailable for Heat #4. (Last minute appointment for his pregnant wife.)

If there's anyone that's not yet in the tournament that's would like to play, you can purchase his seat for $15. Let me know.