I am retiring....well sort of the sequel

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    The Prophet speaks the truth

lol, we have almost the exact same posts.;)

Ya for anyone else, it is a lil less stressful without poker, Nothing left to accomplish in online poker, won 4 mtt's and got the sit n go's down, only thing left is to play more live and go to the wsop.:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Nothing left to accomplish in online poker, won 4 mtt's and got the sit n go's down, only thing left is to play more live and go to the wsop.:)

Why would you quit (other then stress) if this is making you money?
  • ^^^^^

Wow. Someone set the bar low. :D
  • Drood(being 2 years since he came back) timex, Shaun Deeb, Peter Eastgate...................

Same thing brah.

Thrill is gone.
  • That level of deep, honest, introspection has me without words
  • Is this thread for real?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

lmao
    Drood(being 2 years since he came back) timex, Shaun Deeb, Peter Eastgate...................

Same thing brah.

Thrill is gone.

I hate pointing out the obvious but didn't these guys make billions of dollars before retiring? ^^'
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I hate pointing out the obvious but didn't these guys make billions of dollars before retiring? ^^'

Really? :)
  • Billions . . . millions . . . what's a few zeros between pals, Jeff?

Enjoy your retirement Philli . . . at least you're going out in the middle.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Billions . . . millions . . . what's a few zeros between pals, Jeff?

the middle of what?
  • the middle of a two dude sandwich where's he's the meat?

C'mon, someone had to smash that softball that got lobbed up!
    Drood(being 2 years since he came back) timex, Shaun Deeb, Peter Eastgate...................

Same thing brah.

Thrill is gone.

"Same thing brah" may be the best thing I ever read on here...you quitting work after a solid week?

Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, same thing brah, went out on top, nothing to accomplish brah, the thrill of shipping is gone...
  • Waiting for the blowout.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    "Same thing brah" may be the best thing I ever read on here...you quitting work after a solid week?

Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, same thing brah, went out on top, nothing to accomplish brah, the thrill of shipping is gone...

I aim to please, solid week of what?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

Has to be, cause there are how many just like it on here as well.

Sorry, trying to do something nice again and show that you can walk away from poker it is not that hard.

|The ignorance being shown here is amazing so FU.

oh I see now, ur another drunktard, dude this was like 3 fucking days ago ur a lil late.

As for the rest of you, is it like a magnet or a feeling that comes over you where as hey, everyone is dumping on Phil today so I must too!

Cause I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW.
  • Richard~ wrote: »

Ummmmmm, no only 1 has made multimillions.

I came very very close to a million dollars this morning on the way to work............
  • Milo wrote: »
    Billions . . . millions . . . what's a few zeros between pals, Jeff?

Actually going out on top, after 4 years too, thanks to my 1st year or so, never was down in total money for all the poker I have played and impossible to be a losing player unless I go nuts at higher limits which I don't see cause I have always said what is the point of spending 200-1k on a buyin.
  • I don't know Sharan, you may see me in a tournament your playing 1 day so I can outlast you!;).

(or actually have some fun)
    Actually going out on top, after 4 years too, thanks to my 1st year or so, never was down in total money for all the poker I have played and impossible to be a losing player unless I go nuts at higher limits which I don't see cause I have always said what is the point of spending 200-1k on a buyin.

just give up the b.s. and have a laugh at the thread, no point taking it seriously.
  • Philli, try to relax. It's not that anyone wishes you ill or doesn't believe your stories... well ok, maybe not the second part. But still, it's just hard to take some of the things you say seriously, like comparing yourself to pros who've made tons of money. I agree with your idea that, like them, the thrill of the game is gone. Fair enough. However, making a comparison between yourself and them comes off as outlandish and "ooh, look at me look at me".

Please remove yourself from your high horse and see the thread for what it is: mildly entertaining but difficult to take seriously as you think waaaaaay too highly of your game.

/thread

\begin rant defending yourself and opinions no matter how insane they come across as

You forget, some of us have seen you play . . . ^-^. Go . . . stay . . . whatever. Enjoy yourself, Philli, these threads are entertaining at times.
  • LOl,you all have fucking no clue.

I am on no high horse or bs, I already said what the point was and it is 100 percent true everything I said.

The only bs and laughable thing is everyone trying to argue common sense and the point I made cause you all know it is true and the same thing.

Not my problem people have no lives and need to look for trouble at 1 in the morning or be jealous or not believe someone, oh well but you don't have to say anything.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Philli, try to relax. It's not that anyone wishes you ill or doesn't believe your stories... well ok, maybe not the second part. But still, it's just hard to take some of the things you say seriously, like comparing yourself to pros who've made tons of money. I agree with your idea that, like them, the thrill of the game is gone. Fair enough. However, making a comparison between yourself and them comes off as outlandish and "ooh, look at me look at me".

Please remove yourself from your high horse and see the thread for what it is: mildly entertaining but difficult to take seriously as you think waaaaaay too highly of your game.

/thread

\begin rant defending yourself and opinions no matter how insane they come across as

inb4 you do the exact same, oh wait you already have with all your bad beat threads.

Your soooooooo way off it's incredible.

Are you going to say the same for GTA poker who has at least 2 of the same threads or darbday's threads?
  • Difference between taking time off, and "retirement". But, whatever Philli . . . tell yourself what you need to, and enjoy your time away from the game. But don't leave us here on the Forum. You're entertaining, if nothing else . . . back to work, now. ;)
  • Philli, I may be wrong as I haven't spent the last 37 hours on the forum scouring every thread, but I don't believe that either Darb or GTA ever compared themselves to pros that left the game, so not sure how you can make that comparison.

Also not sure how my bad beat posts have anything to do with you dillusions of grandeur regarding your game.

Again, as I said before, relax. Quit trying so hard to get attention and life will be easier.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Philli, I may be wrong as I haven't spent the last 37 hours on the forum scouring every thread, but I don't believe that either Darb or GTA ever compared themselves to pros that left the game, so not sure how you can make that comparison.

Also not sure how my bad beat posts have anything to do with you dillusions of grandeur regarding your game.

Again, as I said before, relax. Quit trying so hard to get attention and life will be easier.

+1
  • wheeeeeeeee
  • Philli, I think you're missing the point here. I suggested a while ago that you should stop playing poker...I don't think anyone here is debating that your decision is the correct one. People are taking issue that a long time poster and maybe break even player is lying about
    accomplishments when, for the most part, this is a place where people honestly discuss their wins and losses.

Personally, i never claimed to be quitting poker but i no longer play the live hours needed to make what i used to monthly playing live.
  • GTA, meet the "edit" function . . . "edit" function, meet GTA. I think you two need some alone time, so I'll be going now . . .