I am retiring....well sort of the sequel

Awesome title once again:p

So decided to leave no limit hold em, just really does not do it for me anymore, I may go back after extended break who knows, I am going to dabble into 5 card draw again, I don't think you can grow a bankroll off of it or maybe not even sustain a good profit from it but will give it a go.

I have been getting back into it the last 2 weeks and it is the most fun I have had in poker for some time, For the most part I am just playing .25/.50 limit and may go to .50/1 and even maybe 1/2 limit if things go good.

As for pot limit I may dabble into that as well, have to wait and see.

It is the only thing on pokerstars that I feel comfortable playing,merge has it too in no limit but no traffic.

Stars has sit n go's for 5 card draw, I use to do good in them when I first played, then I moved away from 5 card draw which I should not have done, have tried 2 since and has not gone well, I think they have mtt's for 5 card draw and have final tabled 1 and just missed in another so those are options as well for me in the game.

I know a few of you play omaha, GTA,Mark, Milo I don't think that would be a option for me, if I got no luck in nlh it will be worse in Omaha,lol and I don't know how you guys do it.

So I have moved all my bankroll to focus on 5 card draw and see where it goes.

Comments

• lol, really?
  • you guys are way behind..... I have been semi-retired for months :) I think NLH gets boring for everyone eventually.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    lol, really?

yes and no, Don't really get ur post,lol

Hard to say, not a good day in anything really.
  • Okay, Philli, I am going to recommend a book for you. It is called "Zen and the Art of Poker". Author's name is Phillips (iirc). You seem to take variance very hard. I do too, sometimes. When I find myself frustrated, I re-read various passages until I am back on an even keel.

GL with the 5-card draw. I may give it a shot tonight, just for shiggles.
  • philliivey wrote: »

I know a few of you play omaha, GTA,Mark, Milo I don't think that would be a option for me, if I got no luck in nlh it will be worse in Omaha,lol and I don't know how you guys do it.

I've seen Milo play PLOM, I wouldn't say it's an option for him either ;)

Mark
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, Philli, I am going to recommend a book for you. It is called "Zen and the Art of Poker". Author's name is Phillips (iirc). You seem to take variance very hard. I do too, sometimes. When I find myself frustrated, I re-read various passages until I am back on an even keel.

GL with the 5-card draw. I may give it a shot tonight, just for shiggles.

Think I have heard of that book, does it work for outside of poker?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I've seen Milo play PLOM, I wouldn't say it's an option for him either ;)

Mark

hahahahaha, looked like he was doing good in a mtt last night:)
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, Philli, I am going to recommend a book for you. It is called "Zen and the Art of Poker".

Inside the intriguing world of poker lies a fascinating exercise in strategy and extreme concentration--many of the same principles that underpin the one-thousand-year-old philosophy of Zen spirituality. Zen and the Art of Poker is the first book to apply Zen theories to America's most popular card game, presenting tips that readers can use to enhance their game. Among the more than one hundred rules that comprise this book, readers will learn to: * Make peace with folding * Use inaction as a weapon * Make patience a central pillar of their strategy * Pick their times of confrontation Using a concise and spare style, in the tradition of Zen practices and rituals, Zen and the Art of Poker traces a parallel track connecting the two disciplines by giving comments and inspirational examples from the ancient Zen masters to the poker masters of today.

btw, I am the king of variance over reaction!
    yes and no, Don't really get ur post,lol

Hard to say, not a good day in anything really.

no money 5-card draw, everyone solid
  • I am retiring....well sort of the sequel

No white hair, no Dickdo, retirement not allowed

I think it's a law, really!!!

Milton "Old enough" Slim:-\
    no money 5-card draw, everyone solid

Zing!

Actually have done better in 5 card draw the last week then a week in sit n go's,lol
  • ddmilcan wrote: »

:)

will really retire if win lotto max Friday.;)
    :)

will really retire if win lotto max friday.;)

son!!
  • Badugi...you will thank me later.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Badugi...you will thank me later.

I dipped into that when it first came out nothing serious, forget how to play it now,lol
    Zing!

Actually have done better in 5 card draw the last week then a week in sit n go's,lol

[ ] sample size

But in all seriousness, a week of doing well does not mean much, play it a bunch more before you decide.
    [ ] sample size

But in all seriousness, a week of doing well does not mean much, play it a bunch more before you decide.

ya I know, that's what I said in OP, just saying I am doing better in it, I have also played it a bunch, almost as long as hold em.

Like I said just trying it, I am not really sure which way I will go.

WTF is a Dickdo.
  • Ohhhhhhh I see. Google = friends.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    WTF is a Dickdo.

Tummy sticks out farther than the dickdo.......
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    WTF is a Dickdo.

Henway!
  • I think you mean supbro.
  • Decided to try some old strategy on a micro 9 man, did end up cashing, so a glimmer of hope maybe,lol still not sure what way I will go yet:-\.

Only micro so of course not like I was playing good players, but I tried and slowed down and think through hands, was able to get a few more value bets in and some stealing opportunities.

Once in the money the usual runner runner bullshit from stars like we all know:), had the same hand as opponent and he hit runner runner for flush,ugh!
  • Well I am following the advice of some on here and have dabbled into cash, last night was a disaster, today I am a smidge ahead after doing some adjustments, decided to try some old strategy and work on a couple of things and just cashed in a 27 man sit n go, nothing special just happy I cashed,lol.

But still not sure which way I will go yet.:)
    son!!

Dad!!

Can I haz my allowance?
  • Waiting for freeroll to start, playing a sit n go, tight azz table,lol holy crap

omg!!!! I sucked out!!!! the guy was 3 betting quite a bit so meh borderline call.

But bankroll might be slim to none, need to cash some or most of it out, fathers day and such coming, give me time to read up on cash games anyways, hopefully keep enough to give 9 man stt a go again on full tilt.
  • 15th can't come soon enough............
  • So besides a lil 5 card draw, I have not played any poker at all, can't remember the last time I played nl holdem or a sit n go online, I don't miss it at all.

Maybe in the new year I will start up again if it does slow down at work and that wetts guy agrees to be my mentor.;)
    Maybe in the new year I will start up again if it does slow down at work and that wetts guy agrees to be my mentor.;)

Stay retired, I don't think even Wetts can help you. Live stress free!

Prophet 22
  • Stay retired, I don't think even Wetts can help you. Live stress free!

Prophet 22

The Prophet speaks the truth