Second Annual Forum Golf and Poker Tournament; Planning Stage

I'm going to get this started now. I haven't booked anything anywhere for anytime yet, just putting out feelers to see what interest is out there.

Here's the link to last years' trip report. The ones who participated had a great time and hope we can get double the players this year.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/first-annual-cpf-golf-poker-tournament-trip-report-20113/

Chances are good we'll play at Mayfield again, especially if Voodoo can get us a deal because of last year's screwup at the clubhouse (btw...anyone seen or hear from Voodoo lately??) Anyway, I'm looking at booking something in either late July or early August. Golf during the day, and then I'll host a freezeout tourney in the evening. Expect about $60 for the golf and $50 or so for the poker, plus food plus drink. I'll confirm this later when I get in touch with the course.

Some of you were offering to give us some swag after last year's event, and if you're still wanting to do this, we're open to anything/everything. Darryl was able to score trophies last year, not sure if we can this time around or not, but we'll take anything.

Believe me when I say you do NOT have to be a decent golfer to play. Hell, if you've never hit a ball before, you'll fit right in. Its a great time with fellow forumers for a day spent doing golf and poker and drinking and side betting. Hell, I might just log into the horse racing website again for extra fun.

If you're interested in joining us, please post here to give me an indication of how many to book for, and then I'll get the date and tee times booked up in a little while.

Who's In?

Comments

• STR82ACE wrote: »
    Chances are good we'll play at Mayfield again, especially if Voodoo can get us a deal because of last year's screwup at the clubhouse (btw...anyone seen or hear from Voodoo lately??)

Let's not count on Voodoo for this year for the time being.

I'll be in for this if the day works out...
  • I'm definitely interested. I'm away at camp from July 17-24 and then my mom is coming to visit from August 14-28. I should be able to get at least a t-shirt from my coach if not a dvd or two for swag.
  • In... to defend...
    Believe me when I say you do NOT have to be a decent golfer to play.

Well count me in!

I will try to organize the KW crew.
    Believe me when I say you do NOT have to be a decent golfer to play.

What if you suck and haven't hit a ball in over 5 years?
  • compuease wrote: »
    In... to defend...

Uhhh. Im pretty sure we didnt break it down to have a seniors division.

Im in.

Can score winner trophies again, verified today.
  • Providing there are no plan conflicts, me and these are in :-)

shoes.JPG

sounds like a fantastic day out.
  • Both Milo and Mrs.Milo would be up for this . . .

but if it is Mayfield figure $75.00 for the golf (w. cart) just to be safe.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Both Milo and Mrs.Milo would be up for this . . .

but if it is Mayfield figure $75.00 for the golf (w. cart) just to be safe.

Haven't been out yet at all, so you're right, the price might be closer to your estimate.

Seems like we have a decent group forming up, so I'll go ahead and get things rolling and decide on a day/time for this and post here with more details. Guess I'll book for 16, double what we had last year, just to be safe.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

+1 same here:)
  • If you can hold onto your beer, and your putter, you're good to go . . .
  • I don't golf but I can drive the shit out of a cart! :D

Depending on date and if I work, ill be there for golf carting :P
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Do you suck at drinking too? If not, you're more than qualified to join.
  • I would like to make it this year... June 22 to July 1 I will be at the WSOP so that is out.
  • Count me in for this
  • I'm in and willing to carpool with anyone else from K-W. I'm also willing to help organize one in K-W if there's enough interest.

If we're playing at Mayfield try to get off the course with the rivers in the middle of the fairway.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    I'm in and willing to carpool with anyone else from K-W. I'm also willing to help organize one in K-W if there's enough interest.

If we're playing at Mayfield try to get off the course with the rivers in the middle of the fairway.

Level? That's the best track imo. Hated the Blue Course last year, want the Red and White this time around.
  • I suck at golf as much as I suck in poker so I am be interested as well date dependent.
  • If the blue is what we played last year then that's the 9 I don't want.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    If the blue is what we played last year then that's the 9 I don't want.

Yes, we played Blue last year...TWICE!
  • Put down Pinhead as interested as well.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    Providing there are no plan conflicts, me and these are in :-)

shoes.JPG

sounds like a fantastic day out.
    Nice Strides. Have to get me a pair of those>:D

Im in if it is a weekend that the walking boss is not working.
  • I'm thinking about heading out to Mayfield this weekend sometime and get my first round in of the season. I'll check into available dates and times then.

If anyone wants to head out with me, just let me know.
    I'm thinking about heading out to Mayfield this weekend sometime and get my first round in of the season. I'll check into available dates and times then.

If anyone wants to head out with me, just let me know.

Time and day?
  • Not sure yet...haven't had a chance to call and see what if anything was available. It being the long weekend, might be sparse. I'll let you know.
  • I wouldn't mind playing/giving Turnberry a try either..
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind playing/giving Turnberry a try either..

Wes - this x100% let me know when you want to go.
  • Turnberry is the new executive course right? There's an idea...let me know if you book up, I'll tag in.
  • 16 par 3's and 2 par 4's for $50.00? You'd be better off playing Peel Village. $27.00 for 9 holes of the best golf course in Brampton. Play it twice for the full round, and it's still cheaper than Turnberry.
  • Milo wrote: »
    16 par 3's and 2 par 4's for $50.00? You'd be better off playing Peel Village. $27.00 for 9 holes of the best golf course in Brampton. Play it twice for the full round, and it's still cheaper than Turnberry.

umm... Milo... I think I found a hole in your poker game...

you + math = fail