Moose Cambridge Sat. June 5, 2010 $50 NL Bounty Tourney

13»

Comments

• so who won?!?
  • 1. Drtyore plus 8 bounties. Obv he was hot like the sun. Nice to be freerolling on bounties before even making the money in the tourney.
    2. labeach
    3. str82ace

Cash game was great. After a bad start to the tourney due to many last minute cancellations and some early bustos we ended up having a 10 handed cash game that ran until 12:30am. Juan made a boat against the nut flush in a monster pot in an epic final hand of the evening. Throw in quads and a few other monsters and it was a very good night for him.

Thanks to all who came. I hope you enjoyed yourself and will come again.
  • Hey Moose, thanks again for hosting, its too bad there were so many cancellations last minute but still had a great time. I really enjoyed the slow blinds and the big starting stack. Dealing and shuffling constantly for the 1st 30 minutes was tiring, lol.

Janet and Bob who arent on the forum, really enjoyed themselves and send their thanks. They would definately come again.

Mark and AJ, really enjoyed playing with you guys.

thanks
    labeach
  • Mario thanks for the beer. Waltsfriend showed up at 9:30 am to get her stuff after playing BCC all night. lol.
  • moose wrote: »
    Mario thanks for the beer. Waltsfriend showed up at 9:30 am to get her stuff after playing BCC all night. lol.

This is just an epic win!

Mark
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    You'd be proud, Johnnie...only order the grilled chicken, and didn't eat the bun.

Talk about a PLAIN dinner...sigh:-[

Joe, man...I should have known you didn't hit the queen, and were pushing on a draw. I just got unbelievably lucky hitting one of my 6 outs.

LOL if I hit the Q i play the same way. I was short chipped and thought that was a pot I could take down. When you started calculating the pot and everything (I had done that and knew my only bet was all in). If I got called and was behind I had outs to win. The more you talked the more I knew you were on the flush draw and as long as it wasn't A rag I knew I was ahead, and actually didn't mind the call. You had odds to call your 9 outter..... and you only had 6. But as we all know in poker it's not over until the last card is dealt.

The look on your face was priceless anyways when I flipped my cards. good game
  • My next deep stack I am going to steal another idea from the WSOP. $10k chips at the start and 3 lammers worth $10k each. You can use the lammers anytime up to the first break. At the first break if you haven't used your lammers, they are automatically converted to $10k in chips each. This should avoid the sickening early bust-outs and guarantee everyone about 2 hours of play minimum.

Of course then the tourney would have no bounty component but I think it's a good idea overall.