Question Week: Sharantyr

Comments

• Question from GF. As a female poker player, do you feel more comfortable playing at a table where another female is present or does gender of opponents matter to you? Does it affect your game in any way?

Hello Mrs. Bill!!!

~I can play either way. Best way I can answer this though is, for me, I find men easier to read than women for the most part. We spend our whole lives watching them...its only natural.

I am not biased though, male or female, I want your chips!
  • I believe the record still stands that Bowman has won more games as a coach than any other coach has coached.
  • You think?

74%20%20SCOTTY%20BOWMAN%20ROOKIE.jpg

~This pic is sooooo awesome!! <3 But the Habs suck;) He made the right decision to end his career in Detroit.
  • I believe the record still stands that Bowman has won more games as a coach than any other coach has coached.

Pretty sure Al Arbour has more games than Scotty's wins. Also Quinn and Keenan are getting close.

\ Threadjack
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~This pic is sooooo awesome!! <3 But the Habs suck;) He made the right decision to end his career in Detroit.

I have one of those cards irl.......

oh, and you are dead to me.

Edit : To include a question......

Are you happy that you have as many PFC Tournament awards as Scotty has Stanley Cups with Detroit? (I sadly, am still 2 short of his number with the Habs :))
  • When you are making tuna salad for yourself or others, would you consider adding relish to the mix? Personally, I heard this for the first time the other day and was shocked.

White bread or whole wheat?

Let's get serious. Harper.. Thoughts?

Layton?

Iggy?

Obama?

Putin?

Castro?

The Pope?
  • Pretty sure Al Arbour has more games than Scotty's wins. Also Quinn and Keenan are getting close.

\ Threadjack
    /reopen threadjack... For those interested... List of NHL statistical leaders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    \ Threadjack... again
  • I have one of those cards irl.......

~I already told you I would cave once...for you...and wear a Habs Jersey, but I will never buy one, you must provide it.
  • compuease wrote: »
    /reopen threadjack... For those interested... List of NHL statistical leaders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    \ Threadjack... again

May the ghost of Dick Irvin Sr. have mercy on my soul. :(
  • When you are making tuna salad for yourself or others, would you consider adding relish to the mix? Personally, I heard this for the first time the other day and was shocked.

White bread or whole wheat?

Let's get serious. Harper.. Thoughts?

Layton?

Iggy?

Obama?

Putin?

Castro?

The Pope?

~I like multigrain or the ancient grain breads. When I make tuna salad sandwiches, I like albacore tuna (it just tastes better), miracle whip, chopped onion and celery. Relish can work but I dont like it. I prefer to chop up dill pickles :)

~That is just way too serious a list for me :P I barely watch tv, unless its poker/sports/cartoons. I haven't really watched the news in quite some time as it just pisses me off most of the time, and I don't like to be angry. If something really important goes down, someone would tell me, or there would be a thread about it :)
  • I have one of those cards irl.......

Edit : To include a question......

Are you happy that you have as many PFC Tournament awards as Scotty has Stanley Cups with Detroit? (I sadly, am still 2 short of his number with the Habs :))

~I am jealous about the card...

~Are you happy knowing that it could take you as long to catch up to his record as it will for the Habs to win the Stanley Cup again?>:D
  • ~Currently playing the 2.20 1r1a and the 4.40 8max 1,000 capped on stars.

Out of the 4.40 185/1000. First time I ever tried this one. Kinda like it actually.

Held to the bubble in the 2.20. Was out front for most of it, then got crippled, and just couldn't make a comeback. Out 292/2664.

Try try again. But not tonight. Time for bed!
  • Question from GF. As a female poker player, do you feel more comfortable playing at a table where another female is present or does gender of opponents matter to you? Does it affect your game in any way?

Would you support me in INSISTING that WB's gf gets an account and starts a thread so we can talk more about this?

Awesome question and I hate you both for not putting it in my thread.
  • As a server, and tipping aside, what customer behaviour tilts you the most?

As a bartender, what is the worst pick-up line you have ever had used on you?

Which gender generally tips better?

Why do you think that is?

Does it matter which role you are in viz. tips? (ie server/bartender)
  • Milo wrote: »
    As a server, and tipping aside, what customer behaviour tilts you the most?

As a bartender, what is the worst pick-up line you have ever had used on you?

Which gender generally tips better?

Why do you think that is?

Does it matter which role you are in viz. tips? (ie server/bartender)

@}->-- Good morning!

~ I absolutely can not stand when people ask for one thing at a time, especially when you have asked specifically if there is anything else you can get them. This is even worse ofcourse when you are busy.

~I have only recently started bartending as ours of like 40 years retired. I have been a server forever. And I am not working in a traditional slingin tits n booze bar. It is fine dining restaurant bar.

As a server, I have heard *ahem* lots. Off the top of my head.....Excuse me miss (grabs a hand)....do you have a quarter?.... My mom told me to call her when I met the girl of my dreams. <--- Mr. Cheesey Award goes here.

~Overall, I think men tip waitresses better, while women tip waiters better.

~Depends on whether you like dangly bitz or jiggly bitz I guess :)

~Currently yes. As a server, everything I make after ringout, and tipout is mine. Lunch tip out is $2 each day so $10 a week. This is because at lunch we do everything ourselves. Evenings it is based on ringout, but there is a bartender, bussers etc. So, when I work as the bartender, I get tipped out based on my hours.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Would you support me in INSISTING that WB's gf gets an account and starts a thread so we can talk more about this?

Awesome question and I hate you both for not putting it in my thread.[/QUOTE

~YES!!! We must insist!
  • Tipout? Please forgive my ignorance . . . is this like pooling tips?
    Tipout? Please forgive my ignorance . . . is this like pooling tips?

~Yes. It is collected and split by hours between bussers/hostesses/bartenders. For lunches, each server tips out $2.00. It is the same every day because we do not have bussers or a bartender. The server does all that as well. For dinner shifts, because they have all of those people available to them, they tip out a % of their total ringout, and it is pooled, and again paid out to those people, based on their hours.

You do not have to share or split your tips with another server *Unless you are working in partners together*. We do that with larger reservations.
  • Are you at all a religious/spiritual person?

Have you lost anyone close to you, and has this affected your beliefs in any appreciable way?

Describe the ideal Sharantyr weekend . . .
  • Just home for a couple hours. Working a split today. As soon as I get my laundry in and run my errand, I will answer you Milo!

~Hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day!
  • what's the origin of sharantyr?
    Are you at all a religious/spiritual person?

Have you lost anyone close to you, and has this affected your beliefs in any appreciable way?

Describe the ideal Sharantyr weekend . . .

~I personally think of myself as more spiritual than religious.

~I have lost people close to me, and have been affected in emotional ways, but this is the cycle of life.

~My ideal weekend.... would be the one I am about to enjoy. I am heading to the cottage. Kanasta game with my family already scheduled for Friday. I will get to see if the ice has broken yet on the lake but I doubt it...havent been out there since Thanksgiving :( In the summer, sitting out in the sun, enjoying a drink...or having a fire, swimming, boating fishing etc etc etc. It is my favourite place to be.

Oh and don't worry..... I will be able to answer questions while I am there...tho at various times .... its dial-up (for now) :)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    what's the origin of sharantyr?

~It was the name of one of my friends characters in a game we played on a bbs back in the day. I always loved it, and it kind of got adopted as mine. It is the one I use for poker because for some reason my original name was taken (Arcanum).
  • ~Have a wonderful evening all! And many good luck vibes to those at the tables. I will happily answer questions when I get home from work. TTFN! @}->--
  • ~What a night! Had a feeling I would be home past everyones bed time tonight.
  • Except me, seeing how I just got home form work! :P
  • ~Good morning!

^^ EH, You are as bad as I am!

and Woot! Only one more lunch shift and 2 days off!! See you in a bit and have a great day everyone :)
  • How can you possibly be this upbeat?

Is Saskatchewan really the funnest place on earth, or merely the flattest?

You coming out east for the Poker Expo?
  • ~I am probably the happiest person you will ever know Milo.

~There is no way Sask is the flattest place on earth ....... not with my rack:P

~I saw that thread. I was already thinking towards that if I can...
  • What's with the red pot leaf avatar? Some sort of head-shop patriotism?