Question Week: compuease

why didn't you ask JohhnieH or myself any questions during our question weeks?

Comments

• Do you know Moses?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    why didn't you ask JohhnieH or myself any questions during our question weeks?
    I didn't? lol, maybe I was afraid you would ask me tough questions if I asked you some...
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Do you know Moses?
    Yep, actually he was the one who tought me my NLHE skills.... such as they are..
  • compuease wrote: »
    I didn't? lol, maybe I was afraid you would ask me tough questions if I asked you some...

Yep, actually he was the one who tought me my NLHE skills.... such as they are..

You should have got him to teach you to part the Red Sea. He's obv better at parting water than NLHE. ;)
  • 1 how many hats do you own?
    2. do you have one like Slash wears while rocking out
    3. do you miss Kristy (why/why not) (had to get KS in there : )
    4. Do you use computer punch cards as note paper? Guys at my office do
    5. Biggest poker score?
    6. Beatles or Stones
    7. Simpsons or Family Guy or Smurfs
    8. Tell us something no one would ever thing to ask.......
  • favorite member? least?
    occupation?
    how many kids?
    whats ur wife like?
    favorite food?
    favorite poker game?
  • Usual first question, Booze, meat, or . . . okay booze, or meat? Which one do you give up, and why?

How would you rank the Gold Medal victory in Men's Hockey with the Summit Series in '72, the Canada Cup in '87?
  • Seeing as how everybody else is getting their shots in, I'll take my turn poking the bear . . .

Is it true that Zippo Lighter Inc. sends you a royalty cheque every month for your invention of fire?
  • USE LARGER FONT! ALSO YOU MAY HAVE TO REPEAT THE QUESTION

Thank You
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    1 how many hats do you own?
    2. do you have one like Slash wears while rocking out
    3. do you miss Kristy (why/why not) (had to get KS in there : )
    4. Do you use computer punch cards as note paper? Guys at my office do
    5. Biggest poker score?
    6. Beatles or Stones
    7. Simpsons or Family Guy or Smurfs
    8. Tell us something no one would ever thing to ask.......

1/ Two, the fedora you usually see me wearing when I play poker and a baseball cap on occasion. Interesting story re the fedora, I purchased it from a street vendor on Freemont street right in front of Binions when I was there in November, 2008 with several of the members of this forum... They talked me into it, and you know what, I'm glad they did.

2/ Nope, not even sure who slash is...

3/ Always, she is at times controversial, therefore good for the forum. I hope she finds real happiness with Walleye, she deserves it. I consider her a friend, even though we at times are at odds with each other.

4/ lol, no, but do you know where I can get some? Actually I haven't seen any in more than 10 years since I threw out a box on one of my moves.

5/ 10 bazzilion.... oh wait, that was in a dream... Actually I have had zero big scores but several in the $1500-2K range, in both AC and Vegas as well as the Orangeville/Belwood now Brampton league.

6/ Beatles for sure, actually my brother-in-law plays drums in a pretty good Beatles tribute band.

7/ Simpsons

8/ I'm a pretty open kind of guy, no real skeletons in my closet... Let's see...
    Up until fairly recently I had never owned a new car, always thought the $$$ drop driving it off the lot was for losers. I gave that up after I retired from IBM.
  • boogeyman wrote: »
    favorite member? least?
    Don't really have a favorite.. ddmilcan is probably the member I know best, one of the founding fathers of the Rocks, someone I've played ball with and I consider a friend, but there are also several on here I enjoy being with. I'm afraid to name them since in my advanced state of memory decomposition I might miss someone and that would be bad..
    boogeyman wrote: »
    occupation?
    Well I did work for IBM for 33 years, with several different jobs there, from large systems(ie water cooled) service engineer, to account rep for a vey large bank, a couple of different mgmt positions (which I didn't enjoy). My last position (10 yrs) was as a project manager. This was before project management became a profession or was certified.
    how many kids?
    3 sons, all in their 30's, 8 grandkids..
    whats ur wife like?
    loaded question, she does on occasion read here... She is the apple of my eye, my confidant, etc... aw shit, we've been married almost 40 yrs, no one would believe that.. She is immersed in the lives of our grandkids almost to the point of obsession. She gave up smoking a little more than a year ago, I'm very proud of her for that. She is also dieting, actually trying to eat well, and has lost significant weight in that same time. She does play online poker, only small stakes. I've tried to get her to play live as I think she would do well but she doesn't like lots of people around her that she doesn't know.
    favorite food?
    Not sure if I have one but my wife makes a mean apple pancake, like my grandmother did.
    favorite poker game?
    Well I guess I play NLHE most but I do enjoy Omaha.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Usual first question, Booze, meat, or . . . okay booze, or meat? Which one do you give up, and why?
    lol, you think the last one doesn't happen? Booze is easy since I don't really drink any more, perhaps a little white wine on occasion.

Milo wrote: »
    How would you rank the Gold Medal victory in Men's Hockey with the Summit Series in '72, the Canada Cup in '87?
    I would have to say #1 would be 72, that was very emotional and tense, especially since most of Canada, myself included, expected us to crush the russkies... lol, didn't turn out that way. I would rate the 87 Canada Cup ahead of this one since there was still the element of the big bad Russian bear around. Hard the think of the Americans as real enemies as so many of them are friends from my IBM days.. Although the bragging rights are nice. Only problem is most of them couldn't give a tinkers damn about hockey.
    Seeing as how everybody else is getting their shots in, I'll take my turn poking the bear . . .

Is it true that Zippo Lighter Inc. sends you a royalty cheque every month for your invention of fire?
    Actually I didn't invent it, my good friend Moses did...
  • WP, sir . . . would you like us to give you a break from the questions so you can take a nap?
    WP, sir . . . would you like us to give you a break from the questions so you can take a nap?
    yawwwwnn... Ok at the moment... If I don't answer for a while you'll know I nodded off...
  • ~If you could go back in time and witness 3 specific historical events that occured, what 3 events do you choose and why?
    ~Farthest you have ever travelled and why?
    ~If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
    ~You have 5 weeks and 5 cities in the world to visit. What cities do you choose and why?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~If you could go back in time and witness 3 specific historical events that occured, what 3 events do you choose and why?
    I was there at the time so don't need to go back... But probably the 72 Summit series...
    Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~Farthest you have ever travelled and why?
    Actually never travelled outside of NA, although I was born in England I have never been back. I've pretty much been in all of the major NA cities though.
    ~If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
    Probably summers here and winters in different tropical destinations. I am not a beach fan and I like going to different places, not the same one regularily
    ~You have 5 weeks and 5 cities in the world to visit. What cities do you choose and why?
    Hmmm, Rome, London, Tokyo, Sydney, Rio... Primarily because I think they are all very different and I've never been.

zzzzz... getting a little tired now..
  • Politically speaking, would you say that Canada is becoming more like the USA, or vice versa?

I realize the political structures of the two nations are different, I am thinking more of the political climate, if you will. (ie Healthcare, etc.)

Also, IBM, huh? What was it like at Big Blue when the home PC market took off, and they were, to a certain extent, left in the dust?
    Politically speaking, would you say that Canada is becoming more like the USA, or vice versa?
    Neither, if anything they are becoming more diverse..
    I realize the political structures of the two nations are different, I am thinking more of the political climate, if you will. (ie Healthcare, etc.)
    Not sure where this is going to go, not paying much attention to be honest.
    Also, IBM, huh? What was it like at Big Blue when the home PC market took off, and they were, to a certain extent, left in the dust?
    lol, pc's were such a miniscule part of IBM's revenues at the time, don't think they ever got to 5% even. Biggest thing was marketing of O/S's, Microsoft beat our pants there even though we had the superior OS/2 technology at the time. For as much as we blast MS for there products at time, they were/are a vey good maketing machine.
    Back to IBM, it was a fantastic place to work for more than 20 years, changes started to make it a different place in the 90's. The corporate culture of most NA multinationals changed as well. The loyalty to employees went away and as a result employees loyalty to their company also died. Sad, but we in NA really lost our advantages there.
    However IBM is still very healthy with revenues/profits still at high levels...
    Just not the fun, adventuresome, progressive place to work anymore.
  • Blondes, brunettes, or red heads?
    What grandfatherly advise would you bestow on today's generation that would actually benefit them?
    Have you ever done time?
    What one legal issue would you like to see changed before you finish your bucket list?
    Do you HAVE a bucket list? If so, what one thing on it don't you think you'll EVER have the guts to do anyway?
    How old are you REALLY??
    Is it true that you were present at the invention of dirt?
  • How hard was it to hunt Velociraptor?
  • How many more age related gags will you tolerate before calling in some of your Old Testament pals for some fire and brimstone type retribution?

And, if I may, I've heard rumours that "Big Bang Theory" was first used as a descriptive for how you lost your virginity. Care to comment?
  • What did God's voice sound like when he said "Let there be light!!... Jeff... Jeff! Damnit, hit the switch!!"
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Blondes, brunettes, or red heads?
    All of the above... At my age who cares....
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    What grandfatherly advise would you bestow on today's generation that would actually benefit them?
    Enjoy yourself, it wraps up a lot quicker than you realize.
    Have you ever done time?
    Does being married almost 40yrs count?
    What one legal issue would you like to see changed before you finish your bucket list?
    legality of poker here in Ontario.
    Do you HAVE a bucket list? If so, what one thing on it don't you think you'll EVER have the guts to do anyway?
    Nope, no bucket list... However I would like to win the WSOP ME at least once.
    How old are you REALLY?
    Old enough to send you to your room.
    Is it true that you were present at the invention of dirt?
    Naw, dirt was from this generation, we were all clean.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    How hard was it to hunt Velociraptor?
    We didn't hunt the Velociraptor, it hunted us... Wonder we survived...
    How many more age related gags will you tolerate before calling in some of your Old Testament pals for some fire and brimstone type retribution?
    Not many!
    And, if I may, I've heard rumours that "Big Bang Theory" was first used as a descriptive for how you lost your virginity. Care to comment?
    Still looking for it...
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    What did God's voice sound like when he said "Let there be light!!... Jeff... Jeff! Damnit, hit the switch!!"
    Sorry no switches at that time... In fact I was still waiting for my good buddy Moses to invent the thingamajig to ignite candles...
  • Are you old enough to collect old age pension?

I assume you are retired, whats it like to do nothing all day everyday?

How does an old guy get into computers?

How did you become a moderator?
  • boogeyman wrote: »
    Are you old enough to collect old age pension?
    Nope, but when I do most of you will be paying it to me... I will enjoy it.
    I assume you are retired, whats it like to do nothing all day everyday?
    Retired from IBM but not retired...
    How does an old guy get into computers?
    It was just a natural progression from an abacus.
    How did you become a moderator?
    From being good at BANNING people who ask too many questions.
  • 1. Atlantic City
    2. Vegas
    3. Europe to play poker
  • what's it like to work for scoops?

How many times have you been close to banning Kristy?

Do I still have my 1 free ban for calling you young?

Are you happy you get day passes from the old age home?

Do you miss Graham?