2010 Blue Jays Home Opener Thread

Comments

• Hobbes wrote: »
    Woot.

Just need a ride. Helmuth got room?

I think so since Mark has a date in the afternoon and is going to catch up to us in TO.

Are we still picking you up at the commuter lot by Homer-Watson?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I think so since Mark has a date in the afternoon and is going to catch up to us in TO.

Are we still picking you up at the commuter lot by Homer-Watson?

Yup.
  • I heard a rumour the game will be alcohol-free?!

Can anybody confirm this?
  • 1pm @ Homer Watson?
  • Anyone have room for 1? I can be ready anytime but would prefer the 1pm leave time or somewhere around then... I won't need a ride back though.

stp
  • Where are we meeting @ Rogers Center. I will be at work till around 6 downtown and I have not yet had the opportunity to meet you guys face to face yet (i know shame on me you take my money in online forum tournaments and you haven't met me....)

Can someone PM me or post info. I will be checking it tomorrow as I am out of town still right now till tomorrow morning.

Thanks!!
  • Everyone..Pinhead has all your tickets. Sorry I couldn't join you guys but have a good time.

JohnnieH/DrTyore, I believe one of you have Pinhead's # phone right? Blackmagicz, I'll PM you Pinhead's contact info.
    1pm @ Homer Watson?
    stpboy wrote: »
    Anyone have room for 1? I can be ready anytime but would prefer the 1pm leave time or somewhere around then... I won't need a ride back though.

stp

Hobbes, I'm planning on leaving New Hamburg at 1:30. I believe a stop or two in Kitchener so hopefully Homer Watson before 2 sometime.

Shannon, I think I can fit you in if Mark is not needing a ride. As far as I know right now I'm picking up Johnnie and friend, Trevor and Hobbes, I can handle 6 (or 7 in a pinch) so room for you if you want. Just let me know where to pick up.

I won't be around in the morning but I will check in around noon for any messages.
  • Ok I have Pinhead's contact info and expect a call later on today! Looking forward to the game.
  • Hobbes, I'm planning on leaving New Hamburg at 1:30. I believe a stop or two in Kitchener so hopefully Homer Watson before 2 sometime.

Shannon, I think I can fit you in if Mark is not needing a ride. As far as I know right now I'm picking up Johnnie and friend, Trevor and Hobbes, I can handle 6 (or 7 in a pinch) so room for you if you want. Just let me know where to pick up.

I won't be around in the morning but I will check in around noon for any messages.

cya @ 2 then

I'll PM you my cell
    cya @ 2 then

I'll PM you my cell

Could you get in contact with Shannon and maybe grab him since you both are in Cambridge?
  • I live over near Riverside Park, it would be solid if I could get a ride from you. If not though, I could likely get dropped off at HomerWatson...it just happens to be a pretty big road though sooo not sure where hahah.

Can't wait!

stp
  • Spoke w shannon and I'll pick him up and meet at Homer Watson & 401
    Spoke w shannon and I'll pick him up and meet at Homer Watson & 401

Zang!
    Spoke w shannon and I'll pick him up and meet at Homer Watson & 401
    stpboy wrote: »
    Zang!

Glad to hear it. Sorry for bugging the piss out of you guys this morning!

Any word on the game being booze-free? I'm actually not feeling too well today, (thank you very much Mrs. Horne!) so I'm not going to drink too much. I'll keep it under 10 for the day. I don't want to puke on anyone :)
  • Wtf, i just looked at mlb.com and the blue jays are 5-2. it must be a typo
  • Walleye wrote: »
    Wtf, i just looked at mlb.com and the blue jays are 5-2. it must be a typo

No, it's true. If Jason Frasor hadn't blow 2 saves, we'd be 7-0!

That being sad they're still headed for the middle of the AL East. They don't have the offence to compete long-term in that division.

Glad to see everybody out this year! Great to meet Blackmagicz and to hang with Pinhead and SirWatts again. Drtyore did indeed stay sober, but he managed to get into some shenanigans anyhow. I'll let him tell the story.

As for the game itself, it was quite entertaining with 5 home runs! John Bucks hit a monster 4th deck BOMB early in the game. I've never seen a home run with such length before. Unreal.
    Even with the heartbreaker in the 9th, the Jays did make it interesting in the 11th when they had 2 runners on with 2 outs and failed to score :(
  • Great time!!!

Highlights include

Dr.Tyore prop betting with two randoms a couple of rows in front....

JohnnieH letting us know before Fraser starts pitching that he if blows the save he will most likely be ejected from the stadium. Sure enough they hit a home run and Johnnie didn't disappoint (he didn't get ejected but he definitely gave it to them)

Definitely enjoyed the quarter props, although I didn't participate as I forgot my change....

It was great to meet everyone and now I feel even better about donating during the forum tournaments....because I know it will goto quarter props for the next Blue Jay game!!
  • JohnnieH letting us know before Fraser starts pitching that he if blows the save he will most likely be ejected from the stadium. Sure enough they hit a home run and Johnnie didn't disappoint (he didn't get ejected but he definitely gave it to them)

haha...I could have done 'better', but my sore throat really held me back. Also I only had 3 $12 beers :D
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    haha...I could have done 'better', but my sore throat really held me back. Also I only had 3 $12 beers :D

Kudos to the Blue Jays for lowering their prices in these times of economic strife.
  • Hey now!

I was well behaved! Anyways.. a quick report.

Out and about for pre-game festivities, get to SirWatt's place around 4:45 and head to the Longhorn to meet the others. They'd already gotten the bill, so street meat it is!

Get into our seats and immediately start the first round of prop betting - even / odd on # of hits in first innings, Watts is up $5. $5 on when the first run is scored, it stops when we fill up the first four innings, and Beanie42 takes $35 for top of 2 (I had bottom), and this is when my "hijinx" start.

Beanie says that he feels dirty, which perks up some gal two rows down, who turns and laughs. She comments on our betting, and we make a bet between myself her and her friend that the jay's will not hit a triple this game (EZ money). Aside from the betting between the other degens, Watts and I make some bets with these two including Tallet striking out a particular batter (and he did, WTF?), and the jays stranding a man on 3rd (ez money).

At one point the gals started taking pictures of each other, and I comment that there's tomorrow's lame facebook profile shot. They take a pic of your's truly, so I borrow a camera and take one which didn't look so great, so they said to take another one, when one of the degens make a suggestion as to the pose...

25186_10150164478375542_532520541_11919561_6243685_n.jpg

So.. thanks for that ladies.... Anyways, more random chatting, turns out they're from Elora after Matt started telling them all my personal information (WTF?). I mean, literally spelled out my last name so they could FB stalk me! Anyways... I decide to press my luck and ask for odds on an idea and I don't remember who, but I distinctly remember hearing 8:1 and 6:1 being called out.. so here's the proof asses - pay up!!

25186_10150164478380542_532520541_11919562_6419875_n.jpg

Anyways... long story short (spoiler - i go home alone). they're drunk, telling me they've spent all their money so can't even pay off the triple wager (which I told them I'd nullify for the above pic). And they're tellin us where they'll be after the game, they're getting a hotel room, and they're mad at their bf's because they found pics of their testicles on some girl's camera (I turned down their request to provide similar pics).

Post game I'm out with Pinhead, MrsPinhead, and Watts getting more street meat when I get a series of texts saying they're waiting for us at St. Louis, and various sordid activities that could follow.

Home safe and in bed by 2! Good times! It's weird remembering who won the game....

Mark
  • Oh! Nearly forgot...

Quote of the night "What's the difference between a german and polish? (some drunk asking the street meat guy)....

"Who's on the plane and who's on the ground" - classy

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey now!

I was well behaved! Anyways.. a quick report.

Out and about for pre-game festivities, get to SirWatt's place around 4:45 and head to the Longhorn to meet the others. They'd already gotten the bill, so street meat it is!

Get into our seats and immediately start the first round of prop betting - even / odd on # of hits in first innings, Watts is up $5. $5 on when the first run is scored, it stops when we fill up the first four innings, and Beanie42 takes $35 for top of 2 (I had bottom), and this is when my "hijinx" start.

Beanie says that he feels dirty, which perks up some gal two rows down, who turns and laughs. She comments on our betting, and we make a bet between myself her and her friend that the jay's will not hit a triple this game (EZ money). Aside from the betting between the other degens, Watts and I make some bets with these two including Tallet striking out a particular batter (and he did, WTF?), and the jays stranding a man on 3rd (ez money).

At one point the gals started taking pictures of each other, and I comment that there's tomorrow's lame facebook profile shot. They take a pic of your's truly, so I borrow a camera and take one which didn't look so great, so they said to take another one, when one of the degens make a suggestion as to the pose...

25186_10150164478375542_532520541_11919561_6243685_n.jpg

So.. thanks for that ladies.... Anyways, more random chatting, turns out they're from Elora after Matt started telling them all my personal information (WTF?). I mean, literally spelled out my last name so they could FB stalk me! Anyways... I decide to press my luck and ask for odds on an idea and I don't remember who, but I distinctly remember hearing 8:1 and 6:1 being called out.. so here's the proof asses - pay up!!

25186_10150164478380542_532520541_11919562_6419875_n.jpg

Anyways... long story short (spoiler - i go home alone). they're drunk, telling me they've spent all their money so can't even pay off the triple wager (which I told them I'd nullify for the above pic). And they're tellin us where they'll be after the game, they're getting a hotel room, and they're mad at their bf's because they found pics of their testicles on some girl's camera (I turned down their request to provide similar pics).

Post game I'm out with Pinhead, MrsPinhead, and Watts getting more street meat when I get a series of texts saying they're waiting for us at St. Louis, and various sordid activities that could follow.

Home safe and in bed by 2! Good times! It's weird remembering who won the game....

Mark

Uh who forgot to write CPF in marker on their boobs? Moron.
  • Now this is a TR. Everybody else who writes those long wordy ones are a huge fail.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Now this is a TR. Everybody else who writes those long wordy ones are a huge fail.

+1.... and I'm quite sure Kristy will give it a thumbs up as well...
  • I was 8 to 1 where do I ship the 2 dollars to? Stars or tilt
  • compuease wrote: »
    +1.... and I'm quite sure Kristy will give it a thumbs up as well...
    +1 on the sick tr Mark.

FWIW, if anyone is wondering where Kristy has been, her internet hasn't been working for like 5 days and it should be fixed tommorow. I DO NOT i repeat DO NOT have her locked in my basement. :-X
  • Walleye wrote: »
    +1 on the sick tr Mark.

FWIW, if anyone is wondering where Kristy has been, her internet hasn't been working for like 5 days and it should be fixed tommorow. I DO NOT i repeat DO NOT have her locked in my basement. :-X

128811265221577654.jpg
  • moose wrote: »
    Uh who forgot to write CPF in marker on their boobs? Moron.

At the very least one of em shoulda had some lipstick with em.....

Great trip report tho the CPF would have been ahem *Epic.