2010 Blue Jays Home Opener Thread

Ok...I have been asked to start this, so here we go.

Been going as a group for the past 2-3 years, this is where you will witness one or more of the following occur during or after this year's game.

1. One of us being warned for drunkenness before the first pitch.
2. Endless stupid prop-betting leading to odds overload
3. Reminiscing what the game would've been like had Roy Halladay still pitched for the Jays
4. DrTyore threatening to pull down his pants.
5. The crowd around us shaking their heads wondering what they did to deserve sitting around this group of hooligans.
6. The usage of a magnetic schedule to slap each other silly after the game.

So...again, who's in?

Monday April 12, 7:20pm first pitch - first alcohol intake at roughly 1:05pm.

1. westside8
2. Hobbes
3. JohnnieH
4. Hellmuth's Mole
5. DrTyore
6. stp
7. stp+1
8. Pinhead
9. Pinhead+1
11. blackmagicz
12. SirDonk
13. JohnnieH+1

Again...the past years we've always paid about $60-$70 for tickets in the 200 Bases section. If no objection, we'll aim for the same price/area unless someone really wants field level seats. The earlier we finalize this, the better seats we will be able to get as a group.

Edit: Tickets have been bought...everyone owes DrTyore $60 at the game.

Comments

• me

I'll drive. Can take 3 with me (4 would be tight)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    me

I'll drive. Can take 3 with me (4 would be tight)

SHOTGUN!

You know I'm in, although the 1st drink will be well before 1:05.
  • im an avid jays fan and would love to join.

As Im hated on this site, ill refrain from requesting to come, but I will most defenitly be there, and perhaps we can arrange to say hi at some point.
  • I can't see what Fed wrote, but if he's in, I'm out.
  • He wanted to know if it would be ok if he was in the same stadium at the same time as you guys? He might wave to you from across the field, but only if that's ok.
  • While I lived in T.O. I would have jumped in, but 4+ hours driving from Windsor... ok, I'll be honest, barely over 3 hours driving from Windsor is a little much for me. I may change my tune in a few weeks, who knows.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I can't see what Fed wrote, but if he's in, I'm out.

I wish I have that option, sometimes...
  • I would tentatively take a spot. Any price is fine (within reason). Also could drive and take 6 comfortably (at least fairly comfortably).
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    While I lived in T.O. I would have jumped in, but 4+ hours driving from Windsor... ok, I'll be honest, barely over 3 hours driving from Windsor is a little much for me. I may change my tune in a few weeks, who knows.

You only gotta get to Cambridge. :)
  • I would tentatively take a spot.

I would probably want a confirmation by mid-Feb so I can order the tickets before I leave Toronto for a month so I can purchase it then instead of waiting til mid-March when I come back and the remaining seats that are left are crap.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I would probably want a confirmation by mid-Feb

That's no problem, I just need a few days to confirm.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You only gotta get to Cambridge. :)

damn you Hobbes for making it reasonable... but I just realized I can't do it anyways. Class is Mon Wed Fri 7-10pm. Considering one guy got us all put thru a torture class because he skipped out to see Raw live, I'm thinking a baseball game would be a no go. I'll PVR it though and see if you guys get into any shennannigans :)
  • Ahh well, I tried.

Just scan the crowd for a bunch of Rogers Centre Security.
  • Ok, so fcktard isn't going with us? Does my SHOTGUN still stand?
    Ok, so fcktard isn't going with us? Does my SHOTGUN still stand?

Yes it does sir
    Ok, so fcktard isn't going with us?

Hey! I just said I need a couple days to confirm!

Seriously though, you can shotgun my ride if you want.
  • Let me check my work schedule and I will confirm next week.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Ok...I have been asked to start this, so here we go.

Been going as a group for the past 2-3 years, this is where you will witness one or more of the following occur during or after this year's game.

1. One of us being warned for drunkenness before the first pitch.
    2. Endless stupid prop-betting leading to odds overload
    3. Reminiscing what the game would've been like had Roy Halladay still pitched for the Jays
    4. DrTyore threatening to pull down his pants.
    5. The crowd around us shaking their heads wondering what they did to deserve sitting around this group of hooligans.
    6. The usage of a magnetic schedule to slap each other silly after the game.

So...again, who's in?

Monday April 12, 7:20pm first pitch - first alcohol intake at roughly 1:05pm.

1. westside8
    2. Hobbes
    3. JohnnieH
    4. Hellmuth's Mole

Again...the past years we've always paid about $60-$70 for tickets in the 200 Bases section. If no objection, we'll aim for the same price/area unless someone really wants field level seats. The earlier we finalize this, the better seats we will be able to get as a group.

I'm hurt that I wasn't put on the list by default.... of course I'm in!

Mark
  • Hey! I just said I need a couple days to confirm!

You're Luckbox, not fcktard :D
    Seriously though, you can shotgun my ride if you want.

Just drive to Hobbes!
    You're Luckbox, not fcktard :D

Hey! I resemble that!

JohnnieH wrote: »
    Just drive to Hobbes!

I can take 6-7 from there for that matter.

• I can take 6-7 from there for that matter.

YAY! I get to spend $100 on beer!
    YAY! I get to spend $100 on beer!

You'll drink more than 6 won't you??
  • Wait, people actually go to blue jays games?
  • Not sure how there isn't an 8-10 person list of the annual attendees but I'm obv in +1. I'm not driving any of you bastards though :P
  • You'll drink more than 6 won't you??

tall boys are 10 bucks at the rogers centre.. and make sure you keep moving around as they refuse to serve u after uve gotten 5 at the same booth.

you gotta keep moving around to the beer vendors to get a real good drunk on.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    tall boys are 10 bucks at the rogers centre.. and make sure you keep moving around as they refuse to serve u after uve gotten 5 at the same booth.

Ummm past evidence shows we are all capable of getting far more than this from a single beer vendor... Oddly enough we had also figured out the price of beer at SkyDome4Life, but thanks for the refresher.
  • Might be interested in this. Will have a definite yes or no soon.
  • +1. Anyone have a pair of earmuffs for the little one?

stp
  • epic_donk wrote: »

I have scientifically proven this to be untrue EVERY time I go to skydome.

Mark
    Ok, so fcktard isn't going with us? Does my SHOTGUN still stand?

no, it doesn't.

As everyone knows, the official calling of 'shotgun' can only occur when you are outside and in line of sight of the vehicle.

Here is a link of the Official Shotgun Rules to help you avoid future embarrassment from your lack of knowledge on this important tradition.