2010 Dead Pool list

Is anyone here as sick as me and want to get in on a Dead Pool for 2010? I've always wanted to do DPL, but never had the chance.

Here's what I propose:

After we compile a list of entrants, we hold a live draft via a new CPF thread, IM or over the phone.

Each participant will draft 10 people from "pop culture" They can be actors, musicians, sports figures, broadcasters, journalists or whatever. Each draftee is worth $10. Whenever a drafted celeb dies in 2010, we ship the CPF member who drafted the departed $10 via P*(or another site if possible)

The Pool will become live on January 1, 2010 and run all year.

Comments

• This is very, very wrong.

Im in.
  • These "people" don't include PFC moderators does it? If so please don't include me..... :)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    This is very, very wrong.

Im in.

This. Is. Very. Very. Wrong.... But incredibly funny!! I've never, ever heard of such a thing. I'm sure someone has created a site that gives you odds on who's gonna kick the bucket...Time to do some research!
  • I'm in

Mark
  • 1. JohnnieH
    2. Wetts
    3. Wildbill
    4. Drtyore
    5. Milo
    6. DennisG
  • Okay, so do we have to pick off of the established list? Or can we just pick based on our own sick depraved minds?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, so do we have to pick off of the established list? Or can we just pick based on our own sick depraved minds?

Sick depraved minds. There are no odds given based on age, health or quality of life.

Once we know who wants in the pool, I'll randomly draw names for the draft order. Then via MSN or whatever we'll pick (in order) the people whom we think are biting the big one this year. Any "famous" person is up for grabs.
    If someone is offed that was picked, you ship the cookies to lucky prick who picked the departed.
  • so if someone dies, then everyone ships a 10 spot to the winner? or is each pick worth 10 bucks and we chuck into a prize pool everytime it gets down to zero?

If you need a primer on this, check out the move Dead Pool. Mr. Eastwood kicking ass. this one has a twist we won't institute though....they were actively trying to make their picks "win"

The Dead Pool (1988)
  • This sounds interesting...lol I am in.

*gone to compile up and coming drug addic...I mean...stars...*
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    so if someone dies, then everyone ships a 10 spot to the winner?

This.

I did see the movie, many moons ago. I believe Jim Carry plays a rock star that gets wacked?
  • How many do we draft to each team? 4? 5? Not sure I want in, yet, but I am thinking about it . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    How many do we draft to each team? 4? 5? Not sure I want in, yet, but I am thinking about it . . .

I was thinking 5.
  • Yeah, I'm in.
  • So...when we gonna do the draft? I have a list of about 15...lol..yep, been doing my homework. :) I am good via msn, or if we can all arrange a time to be on here, could do it via new thread..
  • Oh! I haven't done any research yet! Doing that now...

I don't msn, etc. so I'd have to do it here.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    So...when we gonna do the draft? I have a list of about 15...lol..yep, been doing my homework. :) I am good via msn, or if we can all arrange a time to be on here, could do it via new thread..

Let's make the deadline (pun intended!) for sign-ups Wednesday at 12pm (noon), then have the draft Wednesday evening if that ok?

I propose a new thread, that we'll use to draft, once I figure out the draft order. That way, everyone can see the drafts "live" from the posts.
  • Please don't anyone pick me as one of your choices...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Please don't anyone pick me as one of your choices...

Don't worry Jeff, you'll bury us all!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Let's make the deadline (pun intended!) for sign-ups Wednesday at 12pm (noon), then have the draft Wednesday evening if that ok?

I propose a new thread, that we'll use to draft, once I figure out the draft order. That way, everyone can see the drafts "live" from the posts.

Wednesday night works for me :)
  • Oh Crap! I've got my list ready, but Wednesay is out for me.

Anyone for Tuesday?
  • Why not just do it through a forum thread. Everyone has x amount of time to make their picks or something.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Why not just do it through a forum thread. Everyone has x amount of time to make their picks or something.

That's what I was thinking, but it would suck if you had to wait a few hours to make your pick.

If everyone agrees to this, I'm fine with it.
  • I am out, just so you know . . .
  • if someone impartial was willing...we could send the lists (in order of preference) to them, and they could conduct the draw...
  • DennisG wrote: »
    if someone impartial was willing...we could send the lists (in order of preference) to them, and they could conduct the draw...

That's a great idea Dennis. Between now and New Years, I'm going to be stuck for time. We want to make sure we get it done by then just in case we get an early 'out' from some new years eve overdosing celeb!

Now who do we know that's old enough, responsible enough and trustworthy enough to complete this type of task..... Why Compuease of course! If everyone promises not to put him on their list, maybe he'll be kind enough to help us out!

And everyone should confirm that all their picks are in fact currently alive as of draft/draw time. I had a few that I was thinking about only to be corrected that they are in fact currently stiffs.
  • I believe the correct term is to have assumed room temperature. I will hold the names, if you like. Let me know, I am off work all week.
  • If we're doing the 'send the list to person X and they put it together' then I'm in too. I move Wednesday and my internet gets turned off tomorrow night, so I need to know by tomorrow morning. If we're doing live draft, would some awesome (i.e. Milo) be willing to take my list for me to do it?
  • I will gladly take everyone's lists. How do we determine draft order?

I suggest an order like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, etc.

Also, if you like, I can randomly determine the draft order via some hi-tech super secret system.
  • Works for me Milo. :)

-edit...liked it better when I didn't know the super secret system
  • Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll generate my draft list (I actually found almost 25 people I think will kick the bucket this year! I actually could have kept going.), and wait to see what others think. I demand a Kojak like Fedora be used as the draft hat if Milo's doing this.