It was going to happen sooner or later...

13»

Comments

• Wow, not sure we've seen this sensitive thoughtful side of Kristy before... at least for a while :) sounds like sensible advice.... I'm going to file this away to repeat to my sons when my grandaughters get to similar age.. I'll sound like a genius...
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'll sound like a genius...

Good...'cause looks can be deceiving ;)
  • I think I'm going to make sure that I buy some road salt and sprinkle it on all the places where hell just froze over. Kristy and Mark making completely serious and amazingly deep posts to help people for generations to come. And in the same thread no less. Holy crap, that's the second sign of the apocolypse!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    word of advice..

Were I a gamblin'-girl instead of the God fearing woman I am..I'd put you on: "Sweetie, don't worry..when you grow up none of this will matter, and you're only 14..it isn't like you were going to marry the guy" response.

That's not a permanently scarring line, but simply spending some extra time listening and distracting her with fun things outside the house is usually better.

Who are you, and what the hell have you done to Kristy?!?
  • I have two teenage daughters and it doesn't get any easier. Just don't say "Whatever happened to so and so, I really liked him".

Also, I try to encourage "group dates", meaning a group of their friends go out together as opposed to just one on one.
  • "melee antoinette"