Glee

Yeah, I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but the fiancee and I always watch this show. I find it friggin hilarious. The woman in charge of the cheerios is phenomenal and offensive all in the span of 10 seconds or less. The whole show is great, but she's what puts it over the top to awesome. Thoughts and ridicule welcome.

Comments

• Never even heard of it... is it a comedy?
  • Yes. Hour long show on Fox about a high school Glee club. The woman from 40 Year Old Virgin that runs the store they all work at, same woman who runs the Big Buddies program in Role Models, is the one in charge of the cheerleaders. Same character, same hilarity from her.
  • Another show I watch and love......and I don't even watch much TV. Helps that I was a music geek in high school, but still a great show.
  • Yes...I will admitt I watch this too. Hey...at least it helps me with girls?
  • I saw the opener, loved it..and then forgot to keep watching it..

am going to catch up today..
  • YouTube - Glee "Single Ladies" football game

I'm officially hooked, the scene after this where the kicker talks to his Dad made me cry like a bitch with a skinned knee. :(
  • Twas quite well done.

It will be interesting to see if they have the balls to develop an openly gay plot line. I have my doubts as to whether US primetime network TV is ready yet, but it's long overdue.
  • Ellen (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its been tried. I don't want to see them pursue it, I want to see it succeed.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Ellen (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its been tried. I don't want to see them pursue it, I want to see it succeed.

Hmmm, I remember the show, even enjoyed it for a while. Guess I tuned out before she came out.

Wiki says ABC had to place a parental advisory before each episode after she came out. Is that true? Unreal.
    YouTube - Glee "Single Ladies" football game

I'm officially hooked, the scene after this where the kicker talks to his Dad made me cry like a bitch with a skinned knee. :(

There was a better clip of this before Fox took it off youtube. It had the 4 minutes right before the dance scene, which included the greatest burn ever by the running back (guy with the "badass" mohawk that cleans pools and then cleans the mom's the own the pools) after the opposing linebacker won't shut up:

Hey, anklegrabber, I fucked your mom.
    No, seriously, I cleaned your pool and then had sex with your mom.
    In your bed.
    Nice Star Wars sheets.
  • Wow! Tonight's episode was worth waiting 2 weeks for. Loaded with awesome. 1 hour was not enough.
  • Agreed Hellmuth! Awesome episode. They (Fox) are actually doing a really good job of bringing all of the sterotypes they're using and the disabilities some of the kids have without being sappy and pathetic about it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Loved the pregger girl's line "Even if this baby comes out with a mohawk, I'll say it's Finn's till the day I die."

Wasn't really a big fan of finding out Sue's sister has down syndrome and that's why she let the one girl onto the squad and made those donations to the school. They have a great evil character with her and that brings it down a notch to me. She doesn't need a heart. Winners have heart because they rip it from their opponents' chest.
  • My LOL moment came when they were discussing Arty's transportation.....

(Whited for those yet to be seeing)

Mercedes : Arty doesn't care, his dad drives him everywhere.

Arty : I do care.......it kinda hurt my feelings.

Rachel : We didn't think you would take it personally.

Arty : Well....you're irritating most of the time, but, don't take that personally.

The look on Rachel's face had me giggling enough I had to pause the PVR to regroup.
  • REALLY?!?!

You guys left me: (in white) I want to be perfectly clear, my penis still works.

I'm becoming such a whiny little bitch, aside from that moment and (*white) "The shark bite on Puck's spine" moment when he's buying pot...I pretty much cried through the whole show.:'(

For fuck's sake. Thanks Kristy. Direct quote from fiancee: tell Kristy I have a very big girl crush on her.

Great... unless... naw, I couldn't handle that even in a dream. :P
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Direct quote from fiancee: tell Kristy I have a very big girl crush on her.

Oh hi there Mrs. Cerberus, a/s/l? ;)

Srsly though, I'm suuuuper pumped for this..I'm going to pray every night for a Summer Glau cameo!
  • Worst. Episode. Ever.

I'm tired of Quinn and Finn all cozied up together..I wish they'd break up and get on with more Rachel/Finn stuff.

Also every single character acted in a way on this episode that made me hate them.
  • Agreed.

Last week - epic win

This week - craptastic fail

*Although I am prone to giggle when the dumb blond cheerio speaks.
  • I wasn't as disappointed as you guys with the episode. It definitely wasn't the hilarity of previes episodes, but I still laughed at the first half. It absolutely dragged for the final 20 minutes though.

And I agree Mole. That dumb cheerleader is quickly becoming my fav character, especially since they aren't overdoing it with her schtick. She gets one, maybe two lines a show, and they're all gold.
  • What is a ballad?

A male duck.
    What is a ballad?

A male duck.

See?! Pure fucking gold!
  • Pure gold of the week:

It's like cool epilepsy.

Awesome.
    Pure gold of the week:

It's like cool epilepsy.

Awesome.

+1

But another stinker otherwise.

The wife and baby plotline needs to die a fiery death.
  • They seem to be falling into a pattern of great/hilarious first half of the episode, then occasionally funny/not hitting the spot they want to with the emotions in the second half...

Ok, they got me with that last song. Probably just because I'm uber sappy mode with the move coming up, but I popped for that last number.

• The wife and baby plotline needs to die a fiery death.

This. I'm so bored of it, except that the sister makes me laugh... also more guidance counselor + Mr. Shue drama please! (at least they dropped that lame story line about her getting married)

plus I hate that they're making the gay kid out to be such a shallow douche.
    This. I'm so bored of it, except that the sister makes me laugh... also more guidance counselor + Mr. Shue drama please! (at least they dropped that lame story line about her getting married)

plus I hate that they're making the gay kid out to be such a shallow douche.

+1 on the shallow douche. He needs to be the powerful one as far as I'm concerned. He's clearly the smartest one of the bunch. Let him run things from the background, like a mini Sue. :)

Umm... the her getting married story comes back next week... sorry.
    Umm... the her getting married story comes back next week... sorry.

*sigh

Don't you think this destroys Emma's position as the 'go-to, awesome advice girl'?

I wish they'd make the important characters a little more accessible; nobody will relate with the person in the sham secret marriage living across town from one another that have never had sex.

btw: I'm stealing the term 'sexts' from this weeks show.

Impulse list of what I hate about each character:

Rachel: Hated on too openly and too much
    Wheels: They try too hard to incorporate him and it ends up looking like they pity him
    Finn: Too stupid
    Puck: Too stupid and over the top criminal
    Gay kid: Too malicious
    Emma: Lame wedding story line that negates her position as the common sense anchor
    Quinn: They switch on and off the smarts to suit the storyline, sometimes she's an idiot other times she's a sweetheart touched by the glee clubs efforts and then still, other times she's a cold calculating vicious bitch.
    Asian: Token role..she has no personality at all
    Other Asian: See above
    Aretha: See above
    Shaft: Definitely see above

Dumb cheerleader IS fabulous.
  • Just found out that Roger's On Demand has Glee on it. It's under the TV/Channel/Global. :)