Dragon's den

Comments

• philliivey wrote: »
    Dragons' Den | CBC Television

not sure if they have the video for last night's posted yet to view:)

Sweet thanks! ... funny how that would have been the last place I looked.
  • new season in 20 minutes, woot woot, Looks like Mike Holmes making a guest appearance.

also shark tank is suppose to be Jan 8th:confused:
  • philliivey wrote: »
    new season in 20 minutes, woot woot, Looks like Mike Holmes making a guest appearance.

also shark tank is suppose to be Jan 8th:confused:

2 of my clients were on the show.
    I do not watch this show very often and last night flipped it on and my client that sells women's fashion excessories for shoes was making thier pitch and they got what they wanted, but had to give up a little more than they wanted. Then they showed hilights of upcoming episodes and low and behold another client making his pitch for his game, called Gockey

small world, isn't it

Milton Slim
  • shark tank is tomorrow on global at 9 p.m., couple of dragon's den guys on it.
  • looks and feels like it is going to be violent tonight,lol.

They seem cranky so far:D
  • pmsl at the sauce ladies, 40% with her awesome selling,lololololol
  • No one tell JohnnieH about the guitars . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    No one tell JohnnieH about the guitars . . .

ya,lol there guitar sounded really good imo
  • again it is very sad and depressing when people can't let go of bad ideas or are losing money after seeing shark tank last night.

Too bad that couple with the pillow idea are shit with numbers, they would have scored a deal and "be filthy rich".
  • Loved the guy that wanted to overhaul the banking system using poker chips. :D

Surprised they didn't have the snake oil salesman arrested.
  • hmmmmm more Barrie people on,lol

at least they were not as crazy as the last guy, nice to know they are breakin even after 1 mill in sales cause they were hiring, so I have to say I am out:D
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    2 of my clients were on the show.
    I do not watch this show very often and last night flipped it on and my client that sells women's fashion excessories for shoes was making thier pitch and they got what they wanted, but had to give up a little more than they wanted. Then they showed hilights of upcoming episodes and low and behold another client making his pitch for his game, called Gockey

small world, isn't it

Milton Slim

I would put an application forward if i knew how to get one.
  • squash you like the cockroaches that you are

litigate you into the stone age

gotta remember some of these sayings

pmsl
  • I would put an application forward if i knew how to get one.

What's your product. Best to PM for now, wouldn't want to let the cat out too soon!

Milton Slim
  • wow, usemybank was on tonight, I forgot all about them, they were like so 3 years ago and now being crushed by instadebit, click2pay and a million others,lol

interesting stuff..............
  • Season premiere tonight!!! wooot!

8 p.m. on cbc.

20 million in deals this season!:o
  • Gotta love O'Leary . . . but . . . in a TOTALLY masculine, and completely non-homosexual way . . . :-\

NTTAWWT . . .
  • This show is probably the only thing on CBC that isn't a total waste of government dollars. It is really entertaining, I really like Brett.

I have noticed a few times people have made fun of an idea and Brett sits there taking notes and then makes a unique offer and then the guys who were making fun of it try and get in on his deal. It is obvious the others really respect his business sense, he also seems to be involved in most of the ideas that they go back on and say ''look how well this person is doing now..'' .
  • Waffle dude is going to be a gozillionaire . . . I have had waffles like his (dough, rather than batter) in Holland. YUMMIE !!!

Jim is going to make that guy, and himself, a fortune.
  • Oh lordy!

More people who are disillusioned.
  • Sorry, But I hate this show. These moneybags want too much for so little.
    I will give you a couple K for half your company.
    hahahaha
    Guess this is why they have so much $$$$$$$$$$
  • Got to like Kevin's line "stop the madness".:wink2:
  • love the show. I was in the lobby of CBC on a day where they were having DD auditions/pitches.

some of the craziest stuff you've seen with people waiting out the doors of the studio with their stuff, others frantically reciting their pitches outloud to practice. Noted a few 'wtf is that?' products that I'm watching the show for to see if they make it to air so i can find out exactly what some of these crazy things were.
  • wtf was that shit!!! next Jenny Craig,lololol

20 years and lost everything, ummmmmmmmmmmmmm HELLO!!!!!!!
  • Ohhhh, next week looks good.

So Jim what is your offer......

Jim: Anything you want.

DAM!:o

(actually have they even made a deal in the last 3 weeks,lol)
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Sorry, But I hate this show. These moneybags want too much for so little.
    I will give you a couple K for half your company.
    hahahaha
    Guess this is why they have so much $$$$$$$$$$

I love the show, but would have to agree. They are constantly taking 50% of the company. This also though to the fault of the pitchers. They come in asking for $x when their company is only worth so little at that moment. The dragons never consider growth in the equation though and always value company as 5-10 times annual net profit. That essentially means that when a dragon makes a deal, they take virtual no risk cause even at the current state, they'll just break even. I think as a venture capitalist, you should have to shoulder some of the risk.

Being a VC means you are looking for the company with a x100 exit knowing that sometimes you are going to get some losses. There are no losses for these guys on this show.

I don't understand why these people would give up so much equity and why anyone would want O'Leary as their VC.
  • Whoever said the Dragon's were interested in "risk"? They've taken their chances, and the show is just gravy for them. As Kevin says, he is all about $$$. As for why the "pitchers" would do some of these deals, they want the $$$, they do not want to look foolish on TV, they are hoping that just making the deal will guarantee bigger success than they could get on their own.

Pick one.
  • Of course the VCs need to take risk. If their is no risk, then you might as well just finance through loans, although the banks are pretty caught up in stuff. But if you are already turning profits like the business that are getting deals from the den, it shouldn't be that hard getting a loan from the banks.
    Their are much better VCs out there. O'Leary is a bad option because he doesn't care about nurturing the entrepreneur, he's just looking for a good quick exit.
  • Just watched the latest episode, getting violent a lil more I see,lololol

Next week it's boston pizza vs marketing chick

JERRY JERRY JERRY!:D:D:D:D:D
  • I have watched this show a couple of times. Not saying the Dragons are stupid. But some of the people that have been on, HOLY F*$k .
    Cruella has to do something about that god awful streak in her hair..:)