Playing 1/3 w Chris Moneymaker - Vegas Report

13»

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    and you couldn't find it, no matter how hard we jammed it down your throat. See aces thread.

it was a lark thread KC, as evidenced by my comment, "being the devil's advocate".

devil's advocate: Definition from Answers.com

Originally Posted by pokerJAH
    You sit down at a new table, every player starts with $100 (say $1/$2 NLH). You are in the big blind and get dealt AA. 9 other players at the table and they all go all-in pre-flop. Action is to you, do you call or fold?

BEING THE DEVIL"S ADVOCATE, I would FOLD in this situation. What, are you f'ck mad ?? Yes, I would fold. Against 9 random hands, I am likely dominated. You can tell me to your black and blue in the face that I have pot odds to call, etc., etc. Personally, I think you make your money in a cash game after the flop.

I be interested to see if someone could provide statistics of their cash game play to see how much they have earned for all-in pre-flop hands vs hands that went to the flop.

Thoughts?

btw, this is why I asked the question in the first place as I was curious if anyone had these statistics for their online cash game history, but as usual I never got the information I was looking for:

"I be interested to see if someone could provide statistics of their cash game play to see how much they have earned for all-in pre-flop hands vs hands that went to the flop."
  • pokerjah wrote: »
    "i be interested to see if someone could provide statistics of their cash game play to see how much they have earned for all-in pre-flop hands vs hands that went to the flop."

watttttttttt?
  • I admire pokerjah for trying to post hands and trying to improve

Ya, thats when I stopped reading.

JAh, I think your avatar needs some sizzle lines coming off the cash the way you burn it.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Ya, thats when I stopped reading.

Reminder:
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I kinda want to have your baby.

• Preflop:

I have black AA, Villain is UTG and I whimp bet to $50, thinking I should vary my play and not make it $80 preflop. This will make me harder to read but will also make the villain harder to read... Mistake?

Pot:$107

Fop:

K9d5d 2 diamonds. I have no diamonds. Villain quickly checks ... I ponder and then raise to $100. Villain quickly min check raises me to $200. I ponder and call.

Pot:$507 Villain has $537 back

Turn:

K9d5dQc Villain pushes all in for $537, I have him covered. I think for a minute, some jerk calls "Time" Think! I don't think he would raise/call 55 preflop he seems too passive. 99? Maybe. He didn't re-raise preflop so he might not have KK. KQ or QQ seems possible. He's been playing pretty tight preflop. I've been running over the table, but I haven't been getting too out of line. I haven't shown down a loser in a big hand so I think he's a bit scared of me. I show him my black AA to try to get a read on him, He sits there frozen.... I ask, "Will you show me if I fold" ... No answer, no movement.. nothing. ???? What do you guys think?

Smells like some combo draw with a K...most like KJD or K10D....the fact that he just called your raise OOP and didn't raise UTG means you can remove KK/QQ from the equation like you said, I don't know if he limps with AKd or AQd UTG as most lead out for a little raise preflop.

I don't know why you didn't get it in on the flop...as shitty as it sounds this is big collision hand and playing with another "good" player as you labeled him I have to push on the flop with 1 pair and hope he doesn't have 55 or 99 in that spot.
  • I went to the fight last night and a hockey game broke out...

Why is this here? Quit junking up my flame war!

[X] bastards
  • Hey how did you playing at my house against PokerJah get into your flame war. Leave me outta it.

Yes you love being a douche and that's why we love ya Kristy.

Peace out

Bastards......LOL
  • Smells like some combo draw with a K...most like KJD or K10D....the fact that he just called your raise OOP and didn't raise UTG means you can remove KK/QQ from the equation like you said, I don't know if he limps with AKd or AQd UTG as most lead out for a little raise preflop.

I don't know why you didn't get it in on the flop...as shitty as it sounds this is big collision hand and playing with another "good" player as you labeled him I have to push on the flop with 1 pair and hope he doesn't have 55 or 99 in that spot.

I'm loath push all in with 1 pair after getting min check raised by a super tight nit.

SPR is 1 but still....
  • I'm loath push all in with 1 pair after getting min check raised by a super tight nit.

SPR is 1 but still....

You didn't say he is was a nit....LOL...that may change things.
  • You didn't say he is was a nit....LOL...that may change things.

I've remember him playing one hand in the 6 hours I've been at the table. He's been sitting on his $750 stack for the last 5 hours. When I nit quickly min-check raised me I was pretty scared. This is a guy I've seen make zero moves, big bets or bluffs. I know it's a small sample size but that's what I've got.
  • Woah... I completely missed this thread and only saw it because of GTA's video.

I played moneymaker online once (see here) and agree he plays super-aggressive. But any time I pushed back on him, he typically folded.

I think the report was great, but your plays obviously were a little confusing. I suspect that he was probably picking up some physical reads / tells from you, so maybe this was the problem. He's put in a ton of live hours with the best players in the world, so he is probably pretty good at reading his opponents.