Playing 1/3 w Chris Moneymaker - Vegas Report

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    Maybe you should think about your game and try to improve instead of posting hands where you make the same mistakes over and over again.

I try to post hands that will give you a feel for the action at the table and I don't mind providing hands that I know I could have played differently (and probably better). Its easy enough to only mention hands that were well played, or amazing calls that you made when the other player was on a total bluff, but to me that's just simply braging and it doesn't really reflect the nature of the overall session. If writing these types of trip reports helps your ego, power to you.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I decide to fold and wait for a better spot

facepalm.jpg

pokerJAH wrote: »
    I decide to call and hope Chris comes along for the turn.
    facepalm2ly3.jpg

facepalms.jpg
    Chris announces that he is betting $50 blind. The flop comes 692r and I have hit my trips. I announce quickly that I am all-in (for about another $400)
    He starts asking if he can see one of my cards and I tell him it will cost him $400.
    facepalm.jpg

in short,facepalm8bu0ph9.jpg
  • ^^ well played.

zoolook 4mod!
  • Echo!!

Haha.
  • +3, but geez ease up on the guy, as he was prob drinking at the same time:)
  • Cool beans!!

That post summed it all up zoolook.
  • can't much blame anyone for making these mistakes...

Just look at the the top threads on this site in the last few weeks / month.... Tim Horton's and Tits...

These two have views around 1500-200 the highest "viewed" post in Poker strategy (NLHE) and even the Online one barely tops 1200... (obviously discounting the "who's online right now" ones)....

PokerJah's fail isn't just his.. it's CPF's.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    can't much blame anyone for making these mistakes...

Just look at the the top threads on this site in the last few weeks / month.... Tim Horton's and Tits...

These two have views around 1500-200 the highest "viewed" post in Poker strategy (NLHE) and even the Online one barely tops 1200... (obviously discounting the "who's online right now" ones)....

Mark

Plz ban.

Are you fucking drunk? Go back and read Jah's fold AA preflop thread and tell me he can be taught poker. You can't..and the fact is that not everyone can play this game well.

Stupid post with no actual backing in logic.
  • also you're a fag for commenting on threads/view counts in the Off Topic.

Look at any forum and these are always the highest viewed. People's lives don't revolve around poker..this is a community of WHOLE people.
  • Ps. I still love you, but goddamn that is some dumb shit.
  • DrTyore wrote: »

the horror, the horror, the drama....
  • Please post more of your hand histories so we can help you. I feel bad that you were not more profitable on this trip and didn't take Moneymaker to the cleaners.

I think everyone has said was I was thinking after reading this.
  • Please post more of your hand histories so we can help you.

Are you on a diet blackmagicz?

banging.jpg
  • LOL

I was just trying to be nice :P
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    also you're a fag for commenting on threads/view counts in the Off Topic.

Look at any forum and these are always the highest viewed. People's lives don't revolve around poker..this is a community of WHOLE people.

It's a bit sad but very true.....I actually find myself coming here more to get away from poker. There are only so many times I can read about how to play J's pre flop.

I'm here to look for games, get some online poker info and laugh.
  • This isn't really a poker forum anymore, but you would think that most people that have been around for a while have a basic understanding of the game, no?
    This isn't really a poker forum anymore, but you would think that most people that have been around for a while have a basic understanding of the game, no?

I probably played over a thousand hands in Vegas over six days and provided details of 0.3% of the hands. You assume, based on a sample size of 0.3%, that I don't have an understanding of the game? I welcome any member of the KC & the Sunshine Band posse to come out any Friday night and teach me how to play 1/2. Come and get my money.... apparently I'm giving it away.
    KC & the Sunshine Band posse to come out any Friday night and teach me how to play 1/2. Come and get my money.... apparently I'm giving it away.

I've actually been waiting for someone to make that joke since I joined. GG you.

I don't want to be a douche..wait, no..I LOVE being a douche. Have I not won every game you and I have played? Acid Joe's, That Wpt sat., and my record of taking you out in two hands in the HU has still not been beaten.

Cole's notes: HEADZUP4ROLLZ ON STARS
    (my 'roll' on stars is currently $7.50)
    I've actually been waiting for someone to make that joke since I joined. GG you.

I don't want to be a douche..wait, no..I LOVE being a douche. Have I not won every game you and I have played? Acid Joe's, That Wpt sat., and my record of taking you out in two hands in the HU has still not been beaten.

ROFLMAO.....I'D quit poker after that PWNing...

So come and take my money; I think I can play 1/2 pretty well and its an open invite to prove me wrong.
  • the smash mouth, fuck you and your mother era of pf.ca is here

thank god
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    I think I can play 1/2 pretty well

what

ps: well played if your entire posting history (i'm getting this from bbcz, obviously not going to read at risk of head explosion) here is an incredibly convoluted plot to get action at 1/2
  • zoolook wrote: »
    ps: well played if your entire posting history here is an incredibly convoluted plot to get action at 1/2

no, I'm just sick of people criticizing my play when in fact they i) have a bankroll of $7.50 on Stars or ii) they haven't played a live cash game in recent memory; if they are confident in their abilities as cash game players, I would love to see them in action. If they dominate the table, I will be the first to admit it.
    i) have a bankroll of $7.50 on Stars

Oh WTF, that's it...HU4RO...oh wait, that already happened.

You're right. What amount would you like to play for? let's make it worth our time.

PM me to buy a piece.
    Oh WTF, that's it...HU4RO...oh wait, that already happened.

You're right. What amount would you like to play for? let's make it worth our time.

PM me to buy a piece.

I only play 1/2 live once a week on Fridays; online you never really know who you are playing.
    no, I'm just sick of people criticizing my play when in fact they i) have a bankroll of $7.50 on Stars or ii) they haven't played a live cash game in recent memory; if they are confident in their abilities as cash game players, I would love to see them in action. If they dominate the table, I will be the first to admit it.

lol, you are playing 1/2, the lowest limit spread in most poker rooms and refuse to learn how to play better. I guarantee that I play more hands in a week than you do in 2 months.

i) my bankroll is likely 10-20x your bankroll,

ii) I play more than you and at higher limits than you

iii) I am the first to admit when I play a hand improperly and am constantly willing to learn from others

iv) bwwwwwwwwwwahahahaha you are terrible at the pokerz
  • love your new avatar pokerjah:)
    lol, you are playing 1/2, the lowest limit spread in most poker rooms and refuse to learn how to play better. I guarantee that I play more hands in a week than you do in 2 months.

i) my bankroll is likely 10-20x your bankroll,

ii) I play more than you and at higher limits than you

iii) I am the first to admit when I play a hand improperly and am constantly willing to learn from others

iv) bwwwwwwwwwwahahahaha you are terrible at the pokerz

I'm not disputing any of these facts (except obviously iv); given, I am a recreational player, play once a week, and play 1/2 based on my set bankroll.

I am willing to learn from others when they provide useful advice, which I can't seem to locate in this thread.

Its great you play at higher limits, power to you.
    I am willing to learn from others when they provide useful advice, which I can't seem to locate in this thread.

and you couldn't find it, no matter how hard we jammed it down your throat. See aces thread.
  • I admire pokerjah for trying to post hands and trying to improve. When we post hands we open ourselves up to ridicule but we get the opportunity to learn from them. Sometimes I play horrible. For example:

Live 2/5 Fallsview Niagara, 4:30 AM Sunday Morning.

I've been on the table for 6 hours,

6 hours ago:

When I sat down villain complained how he lost set over set twice. Villain and I chatted about the new high stakes season 5 poker show coming up and he told mehow he lost set over set to the previous guy in my seat.

5 hours ago:

Villain lost about 300 and re-bought and then won a big hand with a slowplayed AhQh over 2 lower flushes and KK on a KhXhXh board, He's stayed at $750 for the last 5 hours.. Amazing.

Villain and I have played zero hands in the last 6 hours. I've seen him make no bluffs, no moves, no big bets except for the AhQh hand. I've been playing quite tag and am having a good session. I'm up around $1650 from a $300 max buyin.

An hour ago:

I picked up AA and when a shortstack raised $20, I re-raised to $80, he pushed all in for $137 more and I insta called and the shortstack left the table disgusted. I'm pretty sure the villain remembers that hand.

Preflop:

I have black AA, Villain is UTG and I whimp bet to $50, thinking I should vary my play and not make it $80 preflop. This will make me harder to read but will also make the villain harder to read... Mistake?

Pot:$107

Fop:

K9d5d 2 diamonds. I have no diamonds. Villain quickly checks ... I ponder and then raise to $100. Villain quickly min check raises me to $200. I ponder and call.

Pot:$507 Villain has $537 back

Turn:

K9d5dQc Villain pushes all in for $537, I have him covered. I think for a minute, some jerk calls "Time" Think! I don't think he would raise/call 55 preflop he seems too passive. 99? Maybe. He didn't re-raise preflop so he might not have KK. KQ or QQ seems possible. He's been playing pretty tight preflop. I've been running over the table, but I haven't been getting too out of line. I haven't shown down a loser in a big hand so I think he's a bit scared of me. I show him my black AA to try to get a read on him, He sits there frozen.... I ask, "Will you show me if I fold" ... No answer, no movement.. nothing. ???? What do you guys think?
  • I hate how this forum edits out all the white space when I cut and paste... fix it please!!